ipod appreciation thread

seeking

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yeah i went on vacation last year and i brought my CD player with a huge book of CDs, and i looked at my friend who just brought her ipod and i thought "wow, what a waste of money" well around three weeks into the trip and i was already sick of all my CDs, but her little Ipod had way more songs on it than my huge book of CDs, and she was still enjoying all her music

i have Ipod envy

wait, come to think of it, last time i talked to her, she said the Ipod broke. $400 only served her for a year. i guess i still am better off

First generation iPod owner, right here. Still loving it and still using it daily. No problems with it either. Thing runs like a champ and is so happy when I pick it up.

I'll upgrade to a newer one when they come out with color screens...

Seen that new G5? Metal... very metal.

Guest WebsterUno

yup, metal all around...fucking sweet!

Anyone wanna buy a G4 400? Eh eh..

loaded with a grip of programs!

:)

bug-ipods are the sick shit.

I wish I could have one. But I really dont need it,

like I need a good camera. Until they

break out the car connect kit...then I should

be able to spend some change on one.

Originally posted by WebsterUno

Until they

break out the car connect kit...then I should

be able to spend some change on one.

my friend runs his through one of those cd/tape addaptors and it sounds really good.....

seems like a good investment... if i had a cpu.

I've had the 20GB model for 7 months now. It still fucking rocks. It's holding steady with about 4100 songs on it right now.

If anyone here doesn't like using MusicMatch Jukebox (which sucks fucking ass) to manage the contents of your iPod, try ephpod. It's a GREAT program that I've been using for a while now.

Originally posted by nomadawhat

my friend runs his through one of those cd/tape addaptors and it sounds really good.....

seems like a good investment... if i had a cpu.

Originally posted by WebsterUno

thye also have an fm tuner doo-hickie that will asign an unuseds fm frequency so the i pod plays on that station. although in hign population area they dont work AS well becayuse cities like ny have most frequencies taken but its cool for road trips.

oh and fuck zip discs.......

went into the store, with the intent to buy the 10gig for 299. kid tells me they've got an open box 15gig, that he can probably get me 10% off on, only thing its missing is the the gay case (which i woudlnt use anyway), he just has to ask his manager.

manager walks over, looks at the ipod, looks at me, an says 'ahh, give it to him for 299.

SO, i get a 15 gig ipod, with the remote, dock, everything but the case, for the same id pay for the 10. THEN, since i got it from best buy, i paid 40 dollars more, and got a 4 year complete warranty. if anything happens to it, in the next 4 years they will fix it, or once the new models come out, and they no longer service the old ones, they will replace it!!

holler for that shit.

Originally posted by seeking

went into the store, with the intent to buy the 10gig for 299. kid tells me they've got an open box 15gig, that he can probably get me 10% off on, only thing its missing is the the gay case (which i woudlnt use anyway), he just has to ask his manager.

manager walks over, looks at the ipod, looks at me, an says 'ahh, give it to him for 299.

SO, i get a 15 gig ipod, with the remote, dock, everything but the case, for the same id pay for the 10. THEN, since i got it from best buy, i paid 40 dollars more, and got a 4 year complete warranty. if anything happens to it, in the next 4 years they will fix it, or once the new models come out, and they no longer service the old ones, they will replace it!!

holler for that shit.

im filled with hate for your good fortune. I had the pleasure of getting a similar deal on my vestax pmcpro mixer...

but the your score is much better. please go back and get another ill pay ya back... thanx is advance.

its also stupid that the 30 gig is just 100$ more than the 15 gig now thats the bushshit right there.

Originally posted by seeking

holler for that shit.

If I were you, I would read the warranty very carefully. My friend had a minidisc player w/ the warranty, broke the minidisc, took it in to get it replaced, and was told that the warranty didn't actually cover any replacement, etc. Even though the dude that sold it to him blatantly told him otherwise.

Guest TEARZ
Originally posted by BROWNer

i'll get one when you can record on it like an md.

i'm saying man... i'm intrigued as shit with the ipod, and dudes know i love the tech, but damn, i wanna listen to my own productionsz and shit when i wander around. when you can record, then i'll need one.

Originally posted by TEARZ

i'm saying man... i'm intrigued as shit with the ipod, and dudes know i love the tech, but damn, i wanna listen to my own productionsz and shit when i wander around. when you can record, then i'll need one.

the more features there are the more things to break. Although recording wood be cool.

record->transffer-> wipe minidisc( where applicable)-> repeat as needed.

Archived