Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

iPhotoForum.com December Monthly Photo Assignment

Discussion in 'Art & Design' started by Mike Panic, Dec 1, 2004.

1. Mike Panic

Mike Panic New Jack

iPhotoForum.com's December Monthly Photo Assignment has begun!!! The photo assignments are designed to give you a reason to shoot, to be creative, to challenge you, to show your own personal style and to have it voted on by your peers.

This month’s theme is Food and you may interpret that however you will.

To get more information on entering this free contest, as well as the rules and deadlines, please visit this thread: http://www.iphotoforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=100016

2. Poop Man Bob

Poop Man Bob Dirty Dozen Crew

We've done an extended version of this on multiple occasions. Here's the link to the most recent version.

You can find links to the previous versions here.

3. Mike Panic

Mike Panic New Jack

good deal - so nothing is currently running?

4. ilovedrunk

ilovedrunk Member

that last few have gotten smaller and smaller turnouts... but maybe a different version or format?

5. Poop Man Bob

Yeah, nothing running right now. Like ilovedrunk said, the number of people participating has gotten smaller each version, which always gives me little desire to do another.

But yeah, a different version or format might work a little better.

6. ERIZENO

ERIZENO Senior Member

I love the idea ... for each of the 3 times we did it i dug up the photos and just never posted them, thats on my lazy ass.

However I agree on the new format being needed, some of the stuggles I had were the more specific categories to people from the boards personalities, like the Mam's one. I think more would up to the task if all had a better idea of what each catagory was, not leaving room for people to leave others hanging by not knowing how to represent them.
    i think that made sense.

7. Poop Man Bob

Yeah, I understand. The board member categories were attempts to through a little 12oz flavor into the whole thing, but, obviously, that'll tend to work better for some than others. I was talking with ilovedrunk last night, and we came to the conclusion that if another is done it'll have to have a smaller number of categories - maybe only 5 or so. Too many people would get a few and then lose the desire to take the rest, which I can understand. I felt the same way, and I was the person doing the threads.

8. GnomeToys

GnomeToys Elite Member

I started a couple of those as well, but never finished. Reasons:

1) I take photos randomly, it is very hard for me to start actually looking for a subject. This goes along with my lifestyle and randomness.

2) I could never force myself to take a perveract category picture of the unwilling, call me a fag if you want but I don't like that sort of thing.

3) Going with one, some categories were too specific for me.

I think an equally good idea would be the type of thing the original poster in this thread pointed to. In fact, it would be nice if the wonderful admins of this site devoted a small part of the fairly-little-used archives section to a weekly photohunt type deal, where users could just submit their photos to that area and users could view a straight gallery of pictures without viewing comments unless required. I would like that, and it would make viewing easier. Just a thought.