Internet Love Affairs, (older 12oz heads)

oneeightyone

I consider myself to be an old ass man minus a few years, i am a 20 something and should be through the entire lovey dovey romantic teenager bullshit, but it seems im not, i want an opinion on this.

I had a girl, best girl of my life, she moved to long island, i live in virginia, we are friends now, i went to visit her and met one of her friends, who i thought was just a regular person that i would probably never talk to again, we exchanged contact info and over time began to talk and talk and talk and talk, turns out this girl is as crazy as i am and she is identical in ways to me. She's an incredible girl and somehow feelings have grown for her, and im wondering, "is this right??", im having feelings for someone that's a hundred miles away, who i only know through the computer and through the phone, should i be feeling this way when i can find someone close to me but then again al the chics that i have dated dont come close to this one single person.

What do i do?

should i just stop talking to her and let it fade away.?

Should i keep going heart into this thing and start some long distance relationship.?

This is more towards the older 12oz heads that might have been in this situation, or laughed at one of their friends in this situation.

It's strange really, maybe im just fucked.

Oh and T-E-A-S-E, hit me up

transcendentialist@hotmail.com

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

i say give it a shot....have you ever thought of the possibility that she can moved to Virginia, or you to Long Island...continue to talk to her and, see where it goes...cause you two do have mad feelings for one another right?

don't give up..

if this is how you feel about this girl who lives far away, you should go for it. most long-distance relationships don't work though; they start off good, then a year or two down the line, things change; you meet new people, you have different interests, and so forth, things falls apart.

but if it's a chance you are willing to take, then i say go. go oneeightyone go!

Okay. Im dating a guy whose 2 hours from me. And althought Va is much farther from LI [i currently live in LI, he lives in PA, I know VA is about 5 or 6 hours from LI], if you can do it, or at least continue some kind of relationship or friendship with the girl, do it. If you guys continue shit, AND, it goes well, who knows one or you, maybe one of you guys will move, continue it, etc. You might think youre old being "mid to late 20s" and all, but, always think of yourself as growing, as experiencing, and realize its not as big of a deal as you first thought it was. Shit, we are always learning, fuck it. I hope when Im 50 Im still learning about live, regardless its about relationships or what.

Sorry for the thoughts being jumbled, Ive had a couple of drinks but felt it was necessary giving some kind of advice.

i say go for it, people start relationships from all the way accross the world and manage to maintain them, this girl is in your same country if its the difference between being with a cool girl you care about or being alone and another peice of meat in the dating scene, do whatever it takes.

^^^^hahaha......that's great.

I would say run it bro....who knows....something good might spark out of relationship....

<----29 and holding.

long distance doesn't work. Seek worthy significant others in your own community or get the hell out into the bigger world beyond the confines of your town. Seek out the nearest city and begin your search.

Long distance relationships do not work. I had one years ago and despite letters, phone calls and photos, bitch still fell in with some other guy. Goddamnit.

Internet romances are okay to keep the flame alive, just like writing love letters (just quicker) but for the real McCoy, you need to be there. If you really think you love this girl, go to Virginia (don't make her come to you--you'll regret it later if you do.)

Meet her family, check out her city, the culture there, etc., etc. Remember, when one marries, you are not just marrying an individual---YOU ARE MARRYING INTO A FAMILY. If you can't stand her parents (siblings, etc.), or if they hate you implacably, most likely the relationship won't fly. If it won't fly, don't try to make it fly anyway, save yourself a lot of money and grief. Give yourself a goal---say six months. Within that amount of time, you should know if it's true love or if it's just a pesky, persistant boner.

And don't forget---her opinion is paramount. You may love her like life itself, but she may be looking around for Mr. Next-in-line the whole time. A word to the wise, you know?

^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Pretty fucking cool.

Yea, ill set a time, see whereit goes and whatnot. I just find it incredible to find a person like here, but eh, 6 months from now ill se where it's at, i need to go paint now, get this thinking to stop revolving around my brain matter, thanks a lot everyone for your replys.

I say this.........be nasty keep her as your real deal lady freind and pound mad ass in your area because you'll be confident enough in yourself because you got a lady to mack other sluts...................different area codes!

or be the nice mang and run with her but be cassual and shit........and dude I met this girl at a tattoo shop once we traded emails so she could send me photos next thing i knew i was rolling with her and being majorly in love......the nerd Box is ok I guess!