interesting movies you've seen recently...

snowkid

Today i saw waking life for the first time, and i must say it really got me thinking. I think it ranks up there as one of the most interesting movies i've seen in years... i took a nap immediately afterward to try to reach the lucid dream state the movie talks about. I failed. Nonetheless, though, the philosophy they discuss in it is fascinating. anyone know any books that deal with similar subjects/ideas?

I also saw Big Fish the other day. There were some things about it that i absolutley hated but still i was fascinated. There was something about this movie that was amazing, i cant put my finger on what it was (just the overall atmosphere, maybe) but i want to see it again.

I'm in the mood to watch some more flicks this week, something interesting that will leave me thinking. reccomendations?

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Originally posted by El Mamerro

Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind is porbably the best thing I've watched in some time.

It was a toss up between this and Elephant last night ... we watch elephant. It was very good, but not great. Interesting though and worth checking out.

Originally posted by iquit

watched buffalo 66 last night. not great, but definitely qualifies as interesting. i <3 christina ricci.

then i watched the first season of in living color. now THAT shit is gold.

I would definitely classify Buffalo 66 as great.

I saw 21 Grams on the big screen the other day...I enjoyed it very much.

Eternal Sunshine. Definately. I need to see that again. But I'm afraid that if I see it again, it'll completely fuck it up for me. I'll have to wait a couple months.

Kill Bill Vol 2

There was something else. I cant remember it.

I cant, for the life of me, sit through Waking Life. I cant. I really tried.

Originally posted by -Rage-

Yes. Twas very good.

I recommend:

- Touching The Void

- Coffee And Cigarettes

Touching the void was fucking insane. Everyone go see it now.

Rage, was the Kevin McDonald that directed that film the same one from the Kids in the Hall? Maybe you know?

Originally posted by ODS-1

Touching the void was fucking insane. Everyone go see it now.

Rage, was the Kevin McDonald that directed that film the same one from the Kids in the Hall? Maybe you know?

Great question man.

No it wasn't Kevn M. from Kids In The Hall (and my favorite comedy 'National Lampoon's Senior Trip'). This Kevin McDonald is from Scotland.

Usless fact: Kevin's brother Andrew McDonald is a producer and has worked on Trainspotting, The Beach, and 28 Days Later!

:D

Originally posted by Telo

How did you happen to come across this little Gem?

its on dvd nukka.

-I will third or fourth Eternal sunshine. it was awesometastic.

-kill bill 2 was great

-I watched the animatrix again today, its always interesting.

Just yesterday I saw Kill Bill 2 to see what all the 12oz hoopla was about. Once again, great movie. But I'm confused on one thing. I could've sworn Jaquai White (sp?) was supposed to be in this movie. Maybe I dozed off during the movie and didn't know it but I doubt it because I'm sure I was wide-eyed throughout the entire movie. From preview clips I saw Jaquai (Spawn, Tyson story, etc) was supposed to be in it. I don't remember seeing him.

you know Ive heard that on a few other forums, I dont personally remember seeing him in any preview...but from what ive heard his scene was cut from the movie.

-I did like Samuel Jacksons cameo though...that was funny.

Originally posted by CIPHER_one

I saw 21 Grams...I enjoyed it very much.

yes so did i!

recommend that for sure.

recommendations (i've seen these movies in the past month):

- amores perros

- do the right thing (spike lee directed)

- sylvia

Originally posted by Weapon X

Sam Jackson is in Kill Bill 2? I missed that part!

Yup, the piano player in the church. Also, in Kill Bill Vol 1 when

the sheriff pulls up his partner/son/whatever is briefing him on

what happened he says "They even shot that colored fella who

plays the piano."

Originally posted by Scrabble

I cant, for the life of me, sit through Waking Life. I cant. I really tried.

yeah, i tried to watch it and kept falling asleep. i also couldn't handle the squigglyness of it, i kept expecting it to switch over to being normal or whatever. too many car commercials in the same style ruined it.

Archived