Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

interesting movies you've seen recently...

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by snowkid, Apr 25, 2004.

1. snowkid

snowkid Member

Today i saw waking life for the first time, and i must say it really got me thinking. I think it ranks up there as one of the most interesting movies i've seen in years... i took a nap immediately afterward to try to reach the lucid dream state the movie talks about. I failed. Nonetheless, though, the philosophy they discuss in it is fascinating. anyone know any books that deal with similar subjects/ideas?

I also saw Big Fish the other day. There were some things about it that i absolutley hated but still i was fascinated. There was something about this movie that was amazing, i cant put my finger on what it was (just the overall atmosphere, maybe) but i want to see it again.

I'm in the mood to watch some more flicks this week, something interesting that will leave me thinking. reccomendations?

2. Fabo 2

Fabo 2 Member

kill bill volume 2. 'Tis raw

3. Dr. Dazzle

Dr. Dazzle Veteran Member

I saw Wonderland the other day. I enjoyed it...

4. villain

villain Veteran Member

5. Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind is porbably the best thing I've watched in some time.

6. duh-rye-won

duh-rye-won Member

watched buffalo 66 last night. not great, but definitely qualifies as interesting. i <3 christina ricci.

then i watched the first season of in living color. now THAT shit is gold.

7. SilentBob

SilentBob Member

It was a toss up between this and Elephant last night ... we watch elephant. It was very good, but not great. Interesting though and worth checking out.

8. CIPHER_one

CIPHER_one Senior Member

I would definitely classify Buffalo 66 as great.

I saw 21 Grams on the big screen the other day...I enjoyed it very much.

9. Scrabble

Scrabble Member

Eternal Sunshine. Definately. I need to see that again. But I'm afraid that if I see it again, it'll completely fuck it up for me. I'll have to wait a couple months.

Kill Bill Vol 2

There was something else. I cant remember it.

I cant, for the life of me, sit through Waking Life. I cant. I really tried.

10. -Rage-

-Rage- 12oz Loyalist

Yes. Twas very good.

I recommend:

- Touching The Void
    - Coffee And Cigarettes

11. ODS-1

ODS-1 Elite Member

Touching the void was fucking insane. Everyone go see it now.
    Rage, was the Kevin McDonald that directed that film the same one from the Kids in the Hall? Maybe you know?

12. -Rage-

-Rage- 12oz Loyalist

Great question man.

No it wasn't Kevn M. from Kids In The Hall (and my favorite comedy 'National Lampoon's Senior Trip'). This Kevin McDonald is from Scotland.

Usless fact: Kevin's brother Andrew McDonald is a producer and has worked on Trainspotting, The Beach, and 28 Days Later!

:D

13. Telo

Telo Elite Member

How did you happen to come across this little Gem?

14. 2 blaazed

2 blaazed New Jack

the five deadly venoms

15. yoink

yoink Elite Member

its on dvd nukka.
    -I will third or fourth Eternal sunshine. it was awesometastic.
    -kill bill 2 was great
    -I watched the animatrix again today, its always interesting.