Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

Instruments? Guitars...anything you play...

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by MisPantalonesEstaEnfuega, Jul 23, 2001.

1. MisPantalonesEstaEnfuega

MisPantalonesEstaEnfuega Veteran Member

How many of you play instruments? If so how long have you been playing and what do you play?

I've had a guitar for a few years now, but I have only been playing for a month. Tabcrawler.com is teaching me, I can probably play any song from any deftones cd and a good majority of the Green Album.

I play a rip-off Les Paul. The drum company Premier started making guitars and I wanted a les paul and I saw the guitar for $100 marked down from $500, so I figured it was a bargin. I want a new one but I don't know what to get.

I also DJ, I've been DJing for close to two years. i have one Technics 1210(same as the 1200 only black) One Numark 1900 (No money to buy another Tech.) A Stanton SK2(I bought a focus fader and it's a pain in the ass, it's cool and all, but if I wanna do a party I gotta change the faders.) I had a Vestax 05 Pro II but I sold it to buy paint and records. I like the SK2 a lot better than the 05. I want a 06.

I forget who said it but, "Instruments are like women, you wanna make love to a new one after a while."

------------------
    Girls suck.

2. brown twinkie

brown twinkie Veteran Member

i have a computer.
    i use it to make extreme noise compositions,
    otherwise known as 'power electronics'.
    i have/had an mpc for beats.....but i'm selling it
    so i can pay rent.....which sucks. i used to play
    guitar, bass, drums, piano, clarinet, trumpet as well.
    then i decided it was all bullshit.

3. MOOGLE?

MOOGLE? 12oz Loyalist

I PLAY THE JAW HARP ,SKIN FLUTE [​IMG]

4. Clay-Burner

Clay-Burner Senior Member

I play Guitar and Bass...I have a few guiatrs and have been playing for like 3 years...I wanna try turntables...I used to be in a band put it fell apart...I like Punk. especially Tiger Army

5. -Rage-

-Rage- 12oz Loyalist

I just scream...

6. MisPantalonesEstaEnfuega

MisPantalonesEstaEnfuega Veteran Member

Got for it, I love it. Just dont try it in a band DJs in bands are stupid, I think only Portishead, Massive Attack and deftones have pulled it off. Deftones because Frank doesn't scratch he basically uses the turntables to make effects to compliment the music.

------------------
    Girls suck.

7. boogie hands

boogie hands 12oz Legend

turntables
    6 years
    setup:
    2 SL-1200mk2
    Vestax 06 (i want that fucking isp07)
    ortofon pros

i can play the complete Discharge discography on bass but thats about it

got a korg triton when they first came out but had to sell it to pay every thing....and it payed a lot, belive me

------------------
    brick, brick ,brick...thats how i be up against your girlfriends ass...

8. omone

omone Member

ive been djing for more than 4 years
    2 technics 1200
    vestax 07 pro
    roland digital 8 trak

im actually trying to make some serious tapes now
    hip hop, rock, drum and bass, house...

9. TOY

TOY New Jack

im trying to get my beat making on but cant save money to buy all that shit at the same time. what good is having a drum machine without having anything else.

10. Zack Morris

Zack Morris Veteran Member

I was in the school band from the time I was in 4th grade up until the middle of my junior year of highschool. I because the bands bitch so I learned to play saxaphone (have 2 of them fuckers)trumpet, drums, baritone, tuba, and clarinet, I taught my self to play gutar and I think I have done pretty well with it the past 5 years. I also play piano, and the radio

11. --zeSto--

--zeSto-- Guest

I play rebirth. (the software)

2 303's and 1 808 - all digital!!

12. Inept

Inept Member

I play bass. I used to play bass clarinet for a bit too.

13. *see-phore*

*see-phore* Senior Member

yo niggas i play the spoons,3 years.we should all start a band we could call ourselves the wu tang clan or linkin park what ever .....rehersals start this friday my garage be there or be square!

14. LMNO?

LMNO? Junior Member

Technics 1200's
    stanton sk1
    focus fader switch-up
    craze needles

15. just~someone~else~

just~someone~else~ Senior Member

gemni xl 500 II's
    numark dm1oo2x
    stanton 5o5 sk's
    ....i don't have mad cash....
    i scratch, beat juggle, and just make breaks...i hate hip hop but sometimes when i can't find the original record i will use the hip hop one.....i love funk,soul and old school hip hop......not this new bullshit....back in the 80's is when it was dope..grand master flash and the furious five, an others....