installing fonts...

48:16

ok...so i'm working on a project and i got a bunch of fonts on a cd. i can't seem to figure out how to install them so i can use them.

i'm running in OS9 Classic (on an OSX machine) and i need to use them in photoshop 6. i know this should be really easy but i can't figure out how to do it.

can anyone help a brother out>?

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Im on OSX so it might differ slightly,

but I think you should just be able to

drag and drop the font from the source

to the font folder (harddrive>library>fonts).

Then they should show up in the drop down

menu of fonts in photoshop.

Originally posted by 48:16

ok...so i'm working on a project and i got a bunch of fonts on a cd. i can't seem to figure out how to install them so i can use them.

i'm running in OS9 Classic (on an OSX machine) and i need to use them in photoshop 6. i know this should be really easy but i can't figure out how to do it.

can anyone help a brother out>?

USE GIMP.

Guest imported_El Mamerro

If you get Adobe Type Manager for OS9 you'll be able to avoid the mess of having to drop fonts individually in your font folder. That means you can keep them neatly organized in folders and families, and you can activate/deactivate them at will (so you don't have ten billion fonts on Photoshop's drop-down list, only the ones you want).

thanks mams,

i'll try that....in the meantime, somehow from installing all these fonts i've ended up slowing my computer down and fucking up something or other that makes Word close down and restart my computer every single time i try to open it. (it said there was a certain font that was corrupted so i removed it and restarted, now word won't open at all)

WHAT THE FUCK?

p.s. the fonts still work in photoshop.

p.p.s if you are going to try and help me please don't use big computer words i don't understand.

Guest imported_Tesseract

I dont really understand why this happened but if you're running windows defragmenting your hard drive always fixes a problem or two (defragment= MY COMPUTER>C:>RIGHT CLICK>PROPERTIES>TOOLS>DEFRAG.

Besides that, installing many fonts on your system slows everything the fuck out cause its all getting loaded on the computers memory, actually thats why adobes type manager is so good.

hope i kinda helped

Guest diggity

depending on what computer you are running, i would suggest updating your photoshop to 7 or CS and eliminate the os9 flip flopping. depending on how many fonts you have, suitcase is a great program for managing fonts.

loading classic is SO last year...

Originally posted by El Mamerro

If you get Adobe Type Manager for OS9 you'll be able to avoid the mess of having to drop fonts individually in your font folder. That means you can keep them neatly organized in folders and families, and you can activate/deactivate them at will (so you don't have ten billion fonts on Photoshop's drop-down list, only the ones you want).

this is true alos i will add fonts corrupting can seriously fuck up your computer, like "it wont work".

ATM (adobe time manager) will save you future probs. You really dont want to add a mass of fonts directly into the fonts folder. All additional fonts should go in there onle Extra_font folder and be controlled by an font ap.

mams is compusmart. and has a mean down rock from what i hear or make up.

yeah, i just stuck them all in a folder. i guess i should take em all out and get that type manager program.

digs, i've got CS i just don't like installing shit. it makes me angry. maybe i should do it.

how do i get adobe type manager? is it free.?

Archived