INSOMNIA how to break my cycle.

T.T Boy

ok, things are getting out of control here. its 1053pm and ive been up for like 30 minutes so far. i cant get up. and i cant sleep.

see i work from 11pm to 7 am, but now i cant fall asleep after work. io think my body has adjusted to it rather than fighting to stay awake. i used to be able to just crash after work but now i wander aimlessly for hours after work. (see my day this morning thread) so i end up going to sleep at say 1030 11 am and waking up then. i need to break this cycle and be able to have a regular life. i need to be able to sleep rght after work and get up at say 3 in the afternoon so i see some daylight because right now. i dont see much daylight. and this is causing problems in my personal life. its hard to function with a frickin robot that only sleeps in the frickin day. i mean right now is like 9am for most people. and its 11 at night. this is madness.

anyone got any ideas.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

I know what you mean tt.... sometimes when the daylight comes out it's real hard to sleep, because it's day... well whatever.... I take herbal melatonin to help me sleep. My brand is "natrol" I don't know if you can get that where you are, but if you're gonna take a sleep aid, I suggest herbal melatonin.

On a side note, I'm working on that agreement.... I'll have the "microfilm" soon.

Go for over 24 hours without sleep and then fight to stay awake until the hour you want to go to sleep. Once you hit that hour go straight to sleep. By the next day your body should be tired and ready to sleep at around the same time. And don`t drink to much alcohol or smoke to many cigarettes.

I have had many friends who fucked there health up by turning into an insomniac and I basiclly told them the same thing and now they sleep alot better. Also if you can`t sleep because of the light in your room try blocking out as much as you can from the window in the room.

Good luck having a good sleping routine and don`t take sleeping pills they make your sleep cycle fucked up and it is a waste of money...........Just get into a routine;) ;)

Originally posted by T.T Boy

ok, things are getting out of control here. its 1053pm and ive been up for like 30 minutes so far. i cant get up. and i cant sleep.

see i work from 11pm to 7 am, but now i cant fall asleep after work. io think my body has adjusted to it rather than fighting to stay awake. i used to be able to just crash after work but now i wander aimlessly for hours after work. (see my day this morning thread) so i end up going to sleep at say 1030 11 am and waking up then. i need to break this cycle and be able to have a regular life. i need to be able to sleep rght after work and get up at say 3 in the afternoon so i see some daylight because right now. i dont see much daylight. and this is causing problems in my personal life. its hard to function with a frickin robot that only sleeps in the frickin day. i mean right now is like 9am for most people. and its 11 at night. this is madness.

anyone got any ideas.

Here's how it goes. Your body will eventually get in a schedule of sleeping during hours that are typically considered irregular. Remember though that humans are diurnal, so you shouldn't be sleeping during the day anyways, but in this case it seems unavoidable. Your body is working against you. Just before dawn, your body releases cortisol, a hormone meant to prepare you for the day, in a larger than normal quantity. To work against this and other strong cues as to time and regularity (known as Zeitgebers) you should keep your schedule as regular as possible. Make your body learn that after you eat your third meal, you're going to sleep. Make sure your room is completely dark. Your body can tell what time of day it is just from the amount of light coming in through your eyelids, and things a small as an LED display on a clock can mess you up. Try to cool down a little bit before bed. Most people start to wake up when their body temperature begins to rise.

It should take 5 to 7 days to set your body on a new sleep schedule. Keep in mind that studies show that adults require 8.5 hours of sleep per night, with a very small variance. Prolonged stress caused by sleep disorders can lead to ulcers and hypertension, so be wary. To me, shift work is a bad way to live. Some people suffer from sleeping problems, persistent fatigue, digestive problems, etc., because their bodies never fully adjust, even after years of working odd hours. You may want to talk to your doctor about a prescription sleeping medication, but be wary of side affects. I've taken prescription sleep aids in which I've slept for 14 hours and woken up with my muscles still tired. Chemicals aren't always the answer. Abusing brain hormones, such as adding to levels of melatonin may work in a short period, but in the long run, I'd avoid it. Anyways. If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

Originally posted by fr8oholic

embrace the night man. i get so much more done when i don't see daylight. i lived similar hours for a couple of years and i found it led to antisocial tendencies on my end.

word, walking around in the dark is fucking fun. and it dosent hurt your graffiti game either. drink some beer before you go to bed, or hit up your doctor for some scrips.

Re: Re: INSOMNIA how to break my cycle.

Originally posted by Fugazi

Here's how it goes. Your body will eventually get in a schedule of sleeping during hours that are typically considered irregular. Remember though that humans are diurnal, so you shouldn't be sleeping during the day anyways, but in this case it seems unavoidable. Your body is working against you. Just before dawn, your body releases cortisol, a hormone meant to prepare you for the day, in a larger than normal quantity. To work against this and other strong cues as to time and regularity (known as Zeitgebers) you should keep your schedule as regular as possible. Make your body learn that after you eat your third meal, you're going to sleep. Make sure your room is completely dark. Your body can tell what time of day it is just from the amount of light coming in through your eyelids, and things a small as an LED display on a clock can mess you up. Try to cool down a little bit before bed. Most people start to wake up when their body temperature begins to rise.

It should take 5 to 7 days to set your body on a new sleep schedule. Keep in mind that studies show that adults require 8.5 hours of sleep per night, with a very small variance. Prolonged stress caused by sleep disorders can lead to ulcers and hypertension, so be wary. To me, shift work is a bad way to live. Some people suffer from sleeping problems, persistent fatigue, digestive problems, etc., because their bodies never fully adjust, even after years of working odd hours. You may want to talk to your doctor about a prescription sleeping medication, but be wary of side affects. I've taken prescription sleep aids in which I've slept for 14 hours and woken up with my muscles still tired. Chemicals aren't always the answer. Abusing brain hormones, such as adding to levels of melatonin may work in a short period, but in the long run, I'd avoid it. Anyways. If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

i gots a question mr. psycologist: how do you make yourself calm before you paint, so you arent afraid to hit crazy spots ?

Re: Re: Re: INSOMNIA how to break my cycle.

Originally posted by ARCEL

i gots a question mr. psycologist: how do you make yourself calm before you paint, so you arent afraid to hit crazy spots ?

Good question, I've never really thought about it. People have a lot of different rituals that they do before they paint, from smoking weed to eating a peanut butter sandwich (which some people claim to work). I'm not sure I really know of a perfect answer. When you're out painting, your sympathetic nervous system (controls your heart rate/blood pressure/pupil dilation, etc.) is going crazy, for good reason. You need that extra cognition and strength, because your body believes that you are in danger. A sure fire method to calm yourself is difficult. Traditionally, prayer and meditation have been popular. Try to visualize yourself doing something else. You need to convince your body not to be on high alert. Pretend you're doing your job painting, and you're bored. Relax. Sorry I can't be more of a help, I'll look into the matters further.

Archived