Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

INK RECIPE SUPERTHREAD

Discussion in 'Third Rail' started by rubbish heap, Dec 3, 2003.

1. mosca

mosca New Jack

im guessing he meant something like smash ink when mentioning xylene but for the most part xylene is used for thinning paint and itll eat the fuck out of any plastic based mop/marker if you leave it long enough

to make some shit like that get some silver metal rust paint, dunno what youd call it in america i guess just rustoleum bucket paint. they do it in small 250ml tins so get that and mix it with 3 or 4/5ths thinner (so 250ml paint/200ml thinner), stir the fuck out of it and put in a mop or whatever shit, basically just the same ghetto krink recipe thats being floating around for the last 15 year. im from britain so i tend to get these two:

8895206227998.jpg
    PAT1281.png

that thinner is xylene based but if youre leaving paint in a mop long enough for it to eat through and leak you're shite

Medser likes this.
  2. Baggedmilk

Baggedmilk New Jack

Just made some more ink and used some more accurate measurements. 150 pens, 1 1/4 cups 91% isopropyl alcohol, 1/4 cups purple PVC primer. I should have either used less alcohol or just kept the brew the same, because I'm starting to notice when I add any amount of charcoal to the mix with the expectation of it becoming thicker, it just leaves hateful wet clumps in my mop. I've heard various types of powders referenced to be used as thickening agents? Are we talking like baby powder or what?

3. mosca

mosca New Jack

save yourself time and wasting batches by just sticking with the pens/isopropyl

4. Medser

Medser New Jack

Nice recipe I make my own ink,I'm in UK,still got tags up from 8 years ago,get it on your hands,it's worse than invisible ink,u remember flowmaster ink made by berol,loved that shit but don't make it no more

Druthers likes this.
  5. Medser

Medser New Jack

Flowmaster,made by berol

Druthers likes this.
  6. szr

szr Senior Member

Anyone ever used this stuff and know if it's any good? I saw some at an old office supply liquidation place and I'm thinking about buying it.

image.jpeg

7. Brink

Brink Junior Member

this is probably one of my favorite superthreads here

8. str8manifest

str8manifest New Jack

dunno if there is Feast and Watsons anywhere but down under , its a spirit based wood stain good to chuck straight in a mop does anybody know good things to add to it ? theres a recipe with black oxide pigment that will be good does anybody know that?

9. Sydney Rat Race

Sydney Rat Race Member

You can run feast straight or mix it with Acetone, Metho, other inks and maybe some brake fluid. Apply it as wet as possible, the longer it takes to dry to the deeper the scar will be and it usually bleeds through the first coat of buff as well. I was researching some plastic staining stuff from USA and some other stuff called leather dye I would like to get my hands on. Ill put some pics up soon.

10. SEKSE1

SEKSE1 New Jack

Rusto paint and paint thinner, works and flows good.

11. Ignes

Ignes New Jack

Counter clockwise, u gotta be smarter than the marker

12. simon sandleshit

simon sandleshit Junior Member

ive just been mixing pilot ink with fiebings leather dye.

13. Asap Boy!

Asap Boy! New Jack

man that question was answerd 14 years ago

14. theprotester

theprotester Moderator Crew

15. shaolean13

shaolean13 New Jack

just take a bunch of same colored sharpies and take out the ink nibs and inside cottony stuff and add something to it like alchohol or something and use that for a tag marker.