Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

Ink or Paint

Discussion in 'Third Rail' started by Jeez, Jul 21, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jeez

Jeez New Jack

hi, im new over here :innocent:
    im looking to buy some marker and i want to know what is the difference between ink marker and paint. Do the paint will stay longer on a wall or the ink one and wich one is the best on metal or glass, whatever. So feel free to talk about your experience with those marker and your knowledge about ink and paint

thx
    (and sorry for my crappy english) :jestor:

2. PINK DOT

PINK DOT Junior Member

damn dude.. you said "thx"..

3. NeRVe54

NeRVe54 Senior Member

not a bad idea for a thread, not a good one either...

paint is more opaque than ink, but ink lasts longer in most cases, providing its a good mix. but then again you can get a LOT more colors with paint. so its all in the hands of the writer. just bring one of each

4. 5iveDee

5iveDee Member

yup, I have a alluminum paint mop, and a marker with ink, I love both and bring both with me, it depends on what I hit up

5. Locofanclub

Locofanclub Veteran Member

Mop with Krink,pen with a cheecky corio/garvey mix! ;)

6. whoneedsavet

whoneedsavet New Jack

I say paint, looks alot deaper and has better colours, but ink for insides as they take longer to buff.

7. metropolitanmayhem

metropolitanmayhem Member

more colours with paint, but usually dosnt flow as well as inks.. id rather ink, paints to much of a hassle

8. NeRVe54

NeRVe54 Senior Member

ya it is a hassle, but thin it out right, it flows just fine... paint kicks the shit

9. caffeine

caffeine Member

Paint will lasts longer.

10. TSAC

TSAC New Jack

i have to agree with most of the other posts on this thread
    they both fave there pros and cons...
    paint more colors
    ink stains pretty good

if you are gonna buy any ink i would have to say go with GARVEY put that shit in a mop and fuck shit up.

if you got bucket paint just thin it out with gasoline and do the same..
    its up to you i bring both out

11. KARE?

KARE? Member

viva getto krink

12. heirkb

heirkb Member

ink on plastic shit will last forever if its good...
    and yes VIVA GHETTO KRINK...that is some pure sex...

13. facemeltAAARGH

facemeltAAARGH Senior Member

Ghetto krink is the shit, but when I made some, the 'ink' itself smells like rotten eggs, hahahah. Good stuff either way.

And like what NeRVe54 said, paint is more opaque and has more colors but it has a bigger chance of getting buffed, and ink has less colors but it sinks in the surface of whatever you write it on since those bad boys are alcohol/oil based substances, making it last longer and hard to buff.

Just bring one of each, and thats that.

Problem solved.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2007
  14. sk8er6

sk8er6 Banned

07-21-2005, 03:25 PM

15. facemeltAAARGH

facemeltAAARGH Senior Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.