Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

Influence of math in writing

Discussion in 'Third Rail' started by Breakinblazer2000, Nov 14, 2001.

1. Breakinblazer2000

Breakinblazer2000 Junior Member

Anyone ever thought about how math influences pieces? i'm doin this philosophy project on it so if anyone has some input let me know...

2. canfucker

canfucker Junior Member

I read something like that on artcrimes, or linked to artcrimes site that
    says how pieces letters are spaced evenly in order to look good, how the shadowing and 3-d effects are all geometrically even and stuff like that.

3. mental invalid

mental invalid Dirty Dozen Crew

...i think hifi has got a research paper on "street" math...check it out....

4. alkaline

alkaline Elite Member

Also, do some research into "coloring-by-number." I've heard of a few mathematical theories that deal with number representations of color and how they relate to the overall asthetics of the piece.

Or I might be talking out of my ass.

5. seeking

seeking Dirty Dozen Crew

yo dog, you should do a paper on the mathmatical probability that graffiti is gonna get me mad pussy.

seeking/uncarachtaristicly speaking

6. cmeup

cmeup Veteran Member

hmmmm cuz of math you say?

no wonder i fucking suck so bad. :)

jokes niggggggggggggguh.

ibteaser<~

7. bigpoppa.k

bigpoppa.k Elite Member

umm... shapes and symetry.

8. fiberoptical

fiberoptical New Jack

It is our attempt at recreating aspects of the Sacred Geometry.Archetypes that represent where we and the universe come from.Our direct connection to the god force.

Certain intersections of lines have a universally known and recognized impact and meaning.

Geomatria. Pictographs.Ancient Symbolism...

all relate to modern day piecing..in one form or another.

9. rotgutparty

rotgutparty Member

yeah, just like how renaissance painters used geometry to space the figures and put emphasis on certain places to engage the eye of the viewer. if you ever read the book, Ways Of Seeing, I believe it touches on those issues. i'm sure it translates well to lettering and is probably good to know, but i don't like the idea of relieing on formulas to make a nice piece. 36 chambers, yo.

10. cdz

cdz Member

math is in eveything we do..........
    -cdz

11. dukeofyork

dukeofyork Senior Member

before or after your jaw started swelling up killer?

ha ha..j/k

12. Graf Orlok

Graf Orlok Junior Member

Eskae

Eskae is (in my opinion) the king of geometric symbolism is graffiti. His link in Art Crimes is under Ezra Li - he just had a fine art show in Oakland where he made a dodecahedron out of string! This guy is using more brain power than my whole posse combined. I think there is even an essay in HiFi about math in graf that mentions him as an innovator. Darkat represent.

13. Southern kid

Southern kid Elite Member

well shit. no wonder i cant get the hang of this graff shit. that sucks. maybe math does have more to do with life than passing high school.

or not.

14. -sudz-

-sudz- Guest

u guys remeber in math class, they'd give u those werk sheets, and u'd have to do the math question, and then the answer was a letter and u filled in the little blanks, and there was a secret message at the end?! yeah well i was htinking about doing a piece of all numbers and having the key code thingy at the side.......that's how math influienced my graff so far.

15. richard kyel

richard kyel Guest

hhahahaha seeking said dog