Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

Industry People?

Discussion in 'Style' started by misteraven, Mar 2, 2005.

1. misteraven

misteraven Administrator

Just out of curiosity, i was wondering if anybody here actually works in the apparel, footwear or fashion industry? If so, did anybody make it to Magic this year?

2. andrew3sixteen

andrew3sixteen New Jack

yeah man, we were showing spring and fall 2005 at MAGIC in the campground area... we were stationed near thehundreds, scifen, mishka, mato, temple effectives, etc... it was pretty dope. i have some flicks but i cant get to them right now. i'll post them soon.

3. My Pal the Crook

My Pal the Crook New Jack

What did you want to know Raven? PM me... I really just hate discussing stuff like this on a Messege board.

4. shapes

shapes New Jack

someone broke into our setup and stole 40% of our merchandise.lol
    i have no idea how that happened. lol, oh well

5. misteraven

misteraven Administrator

wasn't really looking for specific info. just curious about how many people actually do work in the industry. since some of you actually do, and also made it to magic, what we're your impressions? who stood out? who fell off?

6. paint junky

paint junky Member

i was out in vegas for magic, i am biased as to who stood out... but i will say the same crew who stood out threw the best party that week as well. "twist a black dutch up"

7. ERIZENO

ERIZENO Senior Member

I work in that industry ... too bad I'm just an office bitch taking the phone calls for reps when they were out at Magic. If they do take me to a show I just greet peeps at the front of the both. I heard the show was great but I'm sure thats a biased opinion, I know you mods can tell where i work ... and everyone here seems to feel diffrent about our line up than outsiders.

8. andrew3sixteen

andrew3sixteen New Jack

i wasnt there as a buyer so it was hard for me to get around and look at stuff besides whoever was right next to us. i did do some walking around, but basically if you werent in the campground (the rail show) the bigger players dont let you into their booths unless you're a buyer and you have an appointment. the industry gets pretty cutthroat and they dont want people jacking designs.

from the people in our area, i liked a good amount of what i saw. mishka's new stuff coming out is pretty fresh... scifen's stuff is not too bad either. ssur's line "a rebel ape" had a big life sized soldier dummy with an ape head at their booth.

my pal... is that you mike? if so what up man.

9. Mixerfriendly

Mixerfriendly New Jack

What's up Andrew? It's Justin from Mixerfriendly.
    Congrats on making it out to Magic. I think there new rail show is going to drain Pool's wallet, so you'll see me there next August.
    Wer'e doing the 'Bread and Butter' show in Barcelona in July, so hoprfuly we'll get those European contacts
    Hope all is well!!

10. paint junky

paint junky Member

mishka definitely has some dope tees coming out... 10 deep had some nice hats... everyone for the most part in that section had some aight shit... and they were all chill as hell... the hundreds' "free corgishoe" tee is dope. out of the big guys i would have to say LRG had the hottest shit... the new line is serious and clean too... not like some akademiks crap... wait and see.

11. E-DubleSkilZ

E-DubleSkilZ New Jack

LOL - do you work for Paul Frank?? cuz they got jacked big time

12. Al Green

Al Green Veteran Member

13. shapes

shapes New Jack

LOL - do you work for Paul Frank?? cuz they got jacked big time
    [post=3861621]Quoted post[/post]​
    [/b][/quote]

naa, i work for puffy.

14. paint junky