"indie" music heads, need some opinions...

mental invalid

just want some recommendations, brief decsription of sounds, what sucks, what rocks....whatever ya got, just looking for knowledge....i put my faith into the crew of 12oz....lemme know....;)

thanks

764-Hero

Archers Of Loaf

Automaton Adventure Series

Black Heart Procession

Cadallaca

Caustic Resin

The Crabs

Creeper Lagoon

Crooked Fingers

Death Cab For Cutie

The Delusions

Dismemberment Plan

Dub Narcotic Sound System

Halo Benders

Iqu

Juno

Pete Krebs & Gossamer Wings

The Need

Pedro The Lion

Red Stars Theory

The Terror Sheets

This Busy Monster

Track Star

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest beard

hah.. dude, i feel bad, i havent emailed anyone back. typing is like kryptonite to me these days. if its more than like 3 sentences, its too much work hahaha

i'll go return your email now though :)

guilty.

where are my cds? :crazy:

blah, you got your reasons dood....i shoulda just sent ya the goddam link to begin with...dont type if ya aint feeling it, i know your out there existing somewhere....good enuff for me....check your email....

come on rage....you dont know any of these bands bro?;)

your cds have taken on a new discovery....im swamped with what to send, the link will explain more....

Guest railroadjerk
Originally posted by mental invalid

764-Hero

Archers Of Loaf

Caustic Resin

Death Cab For Cutie

Dismemberment Plan

Dub Narcotic Sound System

Halo Benders

Pedro The Lion

alright duder, its early but these bands are along my expertise.

764-HERO - awesome band with that subpop/up records sound (especially up). pretty guitar and vocal heavy indie rock. nothing too too out of the ordinary.

dismemberment plan - pop/punk? emo? indie rock? just get some of it its really interesting music. hard at times, and sometimes they even use processed beats giving it a weird dubbed sound. also fall under my impression of being "post punk" biting guitars with less punk vocals.

archers of loaf - i dont know if im going out of my way, but archers of loaf fits into my idea of "post punk" rock scene of the 90s. distorted guitar, loud multiple vocals. just rock and roll.

halo benders - i cant say enough about these guys. pure lo fi indie noise. its calvin (from dub narcotic) and doug from built to spill (and caustic resin...its like six degrees here). multiple vocals, the droning of calvin and the high pitch of doug over really jangly repetitive beats...but its not boring.

caustic resin - reminds me of built to spill, but thats because they share members. stripped down but not necessarily "lo fi" indie rock. on the rock side of things with bts.

death cab for cutie - smooth soothing indie rock. great vocals and great hooks and weird guitar solos

pedro the lion - people call them emo, but i hate that term im giong to call them indie rock. their guitar sometimes reminds me of a built to spill or a more together pavement. vocals are slack but bright at the same time. good music to listen all the way through and relax to for the most part...

i dont konw if these help but its my initial impression of some of the bands you listed. ill drop you an email sometime about some stuff.

good shit...i was waiting for you to chime in railroad....sweetness.....

ah, ha....youre email isnt available bro.....fucking shady mofo, so hit me up....you won a prize....well really its just a link....that you probably already have anyways....but yeah hit my profile, email me so i can shoot ya it over....o-tay....now were rocking....;)

Guest railroadjerk

freightfetish@hotmail.com

oh and all the bands i mentioned are fuggin awesome, so take your chances with them all. expand yr musical vocab (thats my sonic youth indie rawk use of YR).

im out for the weekend, but ill probably have time to check my email sometime.

Guest railroadjerk
Originally posted by bug

polvo

YES! the quintessential slacker college kid indie rock. man. i just put "time isn't on my side" on a mix cd for my drive today...im really looking forward to it...

polvo rules!

Guest BROWNer

whew....i'm way out of the loop as it concerns current

straight guitar/drums/bass/vocals/collegecharts

stuff.....but......did someone mention sonic youth?

....sonic youth are amazing............................

...i used to listen to stuff like slint and red

krayola.....my recommendation: go buy slint's

"spiderland" album......put that in your

car system and its all over but the tears..seriously,

its fucking byebye time.

http://static.epinions.com/images/newworld/3340/144335-resized180.jpg'>

Guest im not witty

slint! wow havent heard that name in a while.

that song my captain, or o captain, something like that. that was a great song. ahhhh.

im kind of out of the indie circle

but heres some bands my friends who arent like.

june of 44

international noise conspiracy

blonde redhead

whatever

every band you have up there that i've heard is good--(halo benders, death cab for cutie, dub narcotic, archers of loaf i have all those cd's) dub narcotic is fun to see live-cause they're like a funk band so you get to watch indy rock chics dance around like serority girls at their concerts. archers of loaf reminds me of skateboarding back in the day--not way back in the day, but you know back in the size 44 pants and tiny wheels era.

Archived