indesign help needed

Guest kidlugz

Guest kidlugz

i'm importing an .AI file into indesign which is working fine, except the colours get muddied up once opened. the weird thing is that it's only happening with this one particular CMYK combo i'm using. i've imported numerous files with the came CMYK combo and the results are identical for each. even weirder, this isn't happening with any other .AI files. just the ones with this particular colour combination. any ideas on how to correct this bizarre colour dysfunction?

please god help because this is driving me fucking mad. thanks.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Are you using pantone colors for your illustrator file? If you are the problem is that even though illustrator and indesign are both adobe products and therefor should have cross-compatibility using the pantone color matching system...they don't. So this causes problems when importing ai files into indesign. In some cases it might look fine when its printed (if thats what you plan on doing with the file when you are completed). Otherwise you've got to re-apply the colors to your objects in indesign.

Guest kidlugz

i'm on a PC. the problem is both screen and print. and no, i'm not using spot colours...only CMYK. i'm fiddling with the colour settings in hopes of finding a solution. this is the only problem i've encountered with Indesign in 4 months of use. it's light years better than Quark. layers, multiple undo's, high quality image display so you can actually see the images you're working with!!!! consumers are finally offered quality layout software. i'll bet indesign will dethrone quark in 4-6 years. i'm not really into supporting the adobe empire but quark deserves to get bumped out...they haven't even tried to keep up.

Huh, I don't know what the problem is then man. There is a problem with Indesign CS that I've found already though. This being that when you try to use a transparency or a feathering or anything like that on an imported image, it looks fine in Indesign, and it looks fine when you export it to a .pdf, but when you try and print it, it prints as if you'd just imported the picture and stuck it there without any effects. Bah!

Guest kidlugz

yeah. i've experienced that too. images had a weird transparency around them when placed over a block of colour. so i guess the folks at adobe still have some bugs to work out. it's still superior to quark.