indeed---- help alil gurl in need

dialrocka4sho

i just got home from my bf's house. i was supposed to sleep over but, i duno i kinda got mad at him. in a way... but its like weird. i duno see he gets sleepy during the week around like 9-930. i hate it but o well. i just aint sleepy so i want to talk or wutever & so i talk & in the middle of my talkin he falls asleep. this angers me a bit tho cus its like i always seem to be in mid sentance or somthing and the only reason i kno hes sleepin is cus i hear him snoring or he doesnt answer me. when i say something he is like u shouldnt be mad at me but i duno its just agrivating.. i duno. i feel bad tho..... so ifsumone could gimme sum helpful advice on how to better handle this thatd be super. thanks~

------------------

LoRd DiAl RoCkA & ish

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

boyfriend is the same way. He works full time and gets off at 5. I work part time and get off at 7. Anyway by the time I get to his place it's 7:30, and around 8:00 he's getting sleepy, and bitchy. I learned to leave him alone, he has insomnia so he usually perks up around 11, or falls asleep. Basically talking to him unless he's receptive is a bad idea because I get rather angry when he doesn't answer me, or takes 5 minutes to get back to me. I bitched out a few times (well more than a few) but now I've learned to ignore him and sketch or watch the tv when he's tired. Sometimes I can just brush him off. It's not worth my effort to try and communicate with him when he's tired.

------------------

you are beautiful, just not on the inside

I'd talk about something intresting if I were you.....

(I had to)

How old is the guy, and how long have you been together? Those are both factors that will make a difference in how much attention is passed between two people. If there was a bit more information about what the day is like for you two, it would be easier to give advice......

Lush- He is grumpy after getting off at 5? Your man is working the wrong job....does he keep a relatively normal sleep schedule?

hes 19 we been together for a yr & a half.

well, he wakes up at 6 for werk & gets home at 4... i guess that would make me tired too.

but i duno= i cant possibly fall asleep with someone talkin to me. and when they talk i talk more... so id never sleep. but i too have bitched alot but he says he dont mean it & that i shouldnt be mad... so ill just let the boy sleep i suppose . its just when im not tired i cant just lay there in the dark in hopes of becomin sleepy--i just get ansy. so i duno ill have to just try and werk with him..hehe http://www.12ozprophet.com/ubb//smile.gif'>

------------------

LoRd DiAl RoCkA & ish

Originally posted by Jesus of Nazareth:

Lush- He is grumpy after getting off at 5? Your man is working the wrong job....does he keep a relatively normal sleep schedule?

The thing is my boyfriend has insomnia. He rarely gets more than 3 or 4 hours of sleep a night. He usually doesn't get grumpy until 8 or so. That's when his lack of sleep usually catches up with him.

I've tried telling him to go to a doctor (I agree the sleeping pills are no good for him), told him to drink less pop before bed, and to try eating rather healthy to try to help, but he won't try anything.

It's nothing major, and I can usually deal with it, but I don't understand how he just can't get to sleep. I've never had that problem, I know it's real, but I just don't understand, and that's what frustrates me the most.

------------------

Guest --zeSto--

how about this...

I dont start work untill noon,

so I'm the night owl,

but the gils I hook with always have to be at work at 7:00 am.

Damn curse! It's your problem but backwards.

I'm wide awake and they're ready for bed

(which does work out allright sometimes*)

Guest imported_El Mamerro

I can relate to your bf... I get sleepy MAD early during weekdays, and sometimes even on weekends. It's really weird, I'm such a day person. I like being asleep before or by midnight, and waking up around 8-9am. This causes major incompatibility issues, since most girls I've gone out with are a lot more nocturnal. Then they wanna get freaky late at night where I'm struggling to hold consciousness. The next morning I'm up early, horny, and with mad morning wood, and the girl is passed out like a kidney stone in bed.

My point is, don't get pissed at your bf. He doesn't fall asleep because of you. You know how hard it is to stay up in class, or watching a late movie, when your eyes just start closing by themselves, and you struggle to pay attention, but for the love of God, you can't? I bet he really does want to listen to you, but his body doesn't allow it. Just pick a different time during the day to talk. Beer,

El Mamerro

<-- Insomniac

I’ve been told that there are three types of insomnia.

1. You can’t fall asleep. You are tired and all you want to do is sleep, but you just can’t.

2. You fall asleep, but wake up a lot during the night. Usually it follows a pattern. You wake up at 12:30, 1:30, 2:30, etc.

3. You fall asleep, sleep fine for a while, but end up waking up (and staying up) after only a few hours of sleep.

Most insomniacs usually suffer from at least two of these three. I suffer from all three.

My girlfriend, on the other hand, can fall asleep just about any time she wants. This makes for some interesting situations at bedtime. Example: 2:00AM – we are both still awake, because I can’t sleep and she has only been awake since 2:00PM. She wants to talk, make out, etc. and all I want to do is close my eyes and try to sleep. If I put my foot down and say leave me alone and let me try to sleep, she gets offended and thinks I don’t love her anymore (self esteem issues are a bitch). If I don’t put my foot down, I’ll be up all night with no chance of sleeping at all (or only for about 30 minutes which is worse), not to mention extremely grumpy.

Every now and then I get so exhausted that I just crash. Mostly it doesn’t matter where I am, although I try to do it only when I’m at home. In a situation like that, there is nothing anyone can do to keep me awake. I don’t think that people can fully comprehend what it’s like unless they have been through it themselves. It really does suck, and if you are close to anybody that has insomnia, you should try as hard as possible to be understanding.

Check out Discovery.com for more information on insomnia.

-Al

Follow me to certain death.

[This message has been edited by alkaline (edited 08-17-2001).]

Originally posted by alkaline:

<-- Insomniac

I’ve been told that there are three types of insomnia.

1. You can’t fall asleep. You are tired and all you want to do is sleep, but you just can’t.

2. You fall asleep, but wake up a lot during the night. Usually it follows a pattern. You wake up at 12:30, 1:30, 2:30, etc.

3. You fall asleep, sleep fine for a while, but end up waking up (and staying up) after only a few hours of sleep.

Most insomniacs usually suffer from at least two of these three. I suffer from all three.

My girlfriend, on the other hand, can fall asleep just about any time she wants. This makes for some interesting situations at bedtime. Example: 2:00AM – we are both still awake, because I can’t sleep and she has only been awake since 2:00PM. She wants to talk, make out, etc. and all I want to do is close my eyes and try to sleep. If I put my foot down and say leave me alone and let me try to sleep, she gets offended and thinks I don’t love her anymore (self esteem issues are a bitch). If I don’t put my foot down, I’ll be up all night with no chance of sleeping at all (or only for about 30 minutes which is worse), not to mention extremely grumpy.

You could be a carbon copy of my boyfriend. He has all three characteristics too. Even what you described as the situation with your girlfriend is almost the same (minus the self esteem bit). Thnaks for the link.

------------------

[This message has been edited by Lush (edited 08-17-2001).]

well, thanks for the advice & things.

i duno i shall werk on all a that.

i guess i should just take into consideration that a brother is just tired

and chill about it.... well uhh im glad to kno that im not alone in this constant battle over sleep! peace

------------------

LoRd DiAl RoCkA & ish

Guest Hug the Retard

stop saying "i duno" every other sentance

------------------

I am the only mentally handicapped writer I have ever met

Archived