Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

Incubus: MORNING VIEW

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by George Dubyah Bush, Sep 4, 2001.

1. George Dubyah Bush

George Dubyah Bush Senior Member

Holey shite. This cd doesn't come out for another month, but the tracks out on teh internet are fucking amazing. Just fucking amazing........

....not many guitar groups have evolved a style that just is like fucking out of this world. fucking genious stuff here.......

.....go get it whichever way you can!

2. T.T Boy

T.T Boy Dirty Dozen Crew

just went and got all the songs, thanks for the info. that shit is hot. i lov e these guy more everytime i hear them.

------------------
    [​IMG]

3. George Dubyah Bush

DUUUUde you hear that song with the Chinese Zither.....or (guitar effect?)......!!! that shit is fucking incredible.

i don't know what can top this album right now. probably one of the best new rock album's of 2001. Lateralus being another

oooooooo!!!! TOOL OCTOBER 9TH WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWQQQQQQQQQQQ......

[This message has been edited by George Dubyah Bush (edited 09-04-2001).]

4. Jesus of Nazareth

Jesus of Nazareth Senior Member

George has good taste in music....
    Incubus was the best show I have ever been to. Before the make yourself came out, with SOAD....sat on stage with them both......god what I would do to see that again....he guitarist is one of the nicest people I have ever met, chilled with him after both shows (seen them twice)

5. KidGoneBad

KidGoneBad Junior Member

Incubus fucking kick ass.I been a fan since they first started up, but unlike a whole lot of bands, they haven't sold out and gotten shitty. They've stayed true and just gotten better. Bravo.

I'm gonna get those songs right now

6. George Dubyah Bush

Word up to jesus and kid!!!!!!!
    Yeah, i've seen Incubus live......rocking live show and rocking light show. amazing stuff. i wish i had the oppurtunity to meet them. They seem like nice guys from what i've seen.

ON WITH THE ROCK!

7. imported_splint2

imported_splint2 Senior Member

yo, tool, the 9th.....damn dude, i saw them when they came here in august.....it was so awesome, i was about to piss myself when they came on stage and started. i'm telling you now, it will kick ass

------------------
    "Step on the god damn gas..." Bill Hicks

8. dosoner

dosoner Elite Member

i dont know about incubus. i havent heard this new cd you talk of yet, but it better be ALOT diffrent than their last attempt, i didnt really like that album at all. hopefully they got a bit more creative with this one. i will have to check it out now for sure though, since you all seem to have nothing but praise for it

[This message has been edited by dosoner (edited 09-05-2001).]

9. LUKY

LUKY Member

incubus is pretty cool, but i think a lot of new music following the path away from zesty.

10. T.T Boy

T.T Boy Dirty Dozen Crew

definatley one of the best bands today, i mean, they got big with "drive" but this new album amazes me, i figuired it would get worse, but this is amazing. i love it. and i did hear that song, love that effect.

11. KidGoneBad

KidGoneBad Junior Member

Where can I find a track listing?

12. ohnoone

ohnoone Elite Member

i dont know, i liked science and fungus amongus but the make yourself album was kinda pussified. i still liked it ok, but they seem to be moving away from what i liked about them. so i guess ill wait and see.

13. George Dubyah Bush

Yeah but would you rather have......4 albums that sound like Fungus? or 3 that ssound like Science????

no fucking way man. Like Fungus was this rocking lounge funk hybrid type stuff,
    Science brought a more spacey and out there style to the old formula,

and Make yourself i think probably has the best song structures out of all there stuff.
    Like, old incubus, you'd expect like a clash of heavy guitars in the middle of a little lite funky part....but make yourself was a great step foward.

And all the albums are unique. And Morning View is just going to take it further i think.

Also they're in they're early 30's. You have alot more rage wen you're a teeanger....early 20's ya know.???

Like metal bands that stay hardcore metal all they're life haven't really grown up to a degree. At least, these amazing musicans have evolved theere music and style without losing vision and still rocking even after that really QUEER song Drive. I've never liked that song, ever. since before it was a hit.......but yeah. They're great.

JUST Like.......hmmm, tool, 311, deftones, .....yes yes. aphex twin......hmmmm yes yes. lots of good stuff

14. RIM THE JOB

RIM THE JOB Member

ok..ive been a huge incubus fan for a while now..ive seen them a couple times...and personallly i like the old stuff better...when they were fast..jumpy...and nuts...now it seems like they are getting soft..and kind of selling out..the song 'drive' was on every god damn radio station, mtv and all that bullshit..i kinda wish that they would just not get so mainstream...cuz sooner or later fucking preppy high school teenage chearleaders will be signing incubus in there little chears...another thing to add...three eleven fucking rocks...there my all time favorite band...and i can wait to see them in october!

15. George Dubyah Bush

FUCK YEAH KID. 311 OCTOBER 17th AT ORBIT!!! IM GOING WOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!11

you're right. i like their jumpy nutzy shit incubus plays , but my post......man, they're like in their 30's already. I bet you have alot less rage and alot more deeper elaborate things to talk about wen you get to that age man. same thing with tool, Lateralus lyric wise, is just like maynard entering his 30's and talking about life and stuff. and 311's almost in there 30's, but they're awesome cuz they pulloff some awesome hard rock and yet do some good mellow smoke out type music.

peace, all youguys have GREAT taste.