increasing isolation

ubejinxed

everything is evolving to an isolated state. when i think about how much time i spend sort of alone it's amazing.

i sit in a cube all day with minimal interaction

i shop on the internet to avoid shopping hassels

i drive a car so i don't interact with my physical environment

i "meet" and have "conversations" with people online, who i never really meet

i have phone conversations more than human interaction

and this is what is "civilized"

moving away from humanity and into our own "spheres" it's no wonder that people are mal-adjusted

how do you feel about the progression of isolation? can u relate to these thoughts at all?

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

nice thoughts.

Kinda brings up a lecture my prof was talking to us the other day about how we (people) are obsessed with the media and pop culture (celebs and what not) But to relate to your thoughts, Basically its like we know more about say, Jen Aniston and Brad Pitt, than our next door neighbors. (for the most part) we are becoming more and more isolated.

Guest HESHIANDET

wow, thisis an awesome tpoic.. i've nevr reallly thought about it much. know of any good literature on this?

as for me, i don't know how isolated i am. i can see this sbeing a relevent theory for some people. but not me. i do alot of interactive things w/ society. including hate on shit. i don't see it as a forced thing either (i don't know if you were implyiong that) but i could see someone saying some shit liek that)...

total isolation

it's getting worse with me all the time

i spend 90% of my free time alone..

luckily i don't work in a cubicle..

in the lab people always have to interact..we have lunch together as well, my coworkers are awesome (hailing from greece, new zealand, and uruguay)

i rarely go out anymore..

i can't stand to be in bars for more than a little bit

i usually spend time watching movies or reading alone

even when i go painting it's isolated..

i either go alone, or when i'm at the yard i walk off on my own..i don't talk very much anymore, especially while i'm painting

i don't think there's too many people out there that really know me..my parents do, and a few of my good buddies in my crew, and my girl *&^

i even go on vacation alone..these days, a lot..

i'm goin to bali alone in july

the internet has definitely made it worse..

so yeah ube, i'm in isolation over here.

i guess we really have to make good on those plans

i like the 'physical environment' interaction thing..for me, it got awful..when i lost my car, i really had to get to know the world again, and i am so glad i did..after my attack it wouldve been really easy to crawl into a hole and never come out again, the city is so fucking dangerous..

but instead i'm out and aboout on the bike all the time..

i even went to the poool yesterday and lounged..(alone)

nope no literature just a white collar job.

my only interaction is with my neighbors and work meetings. it's so sad. people is what enriches life, and so many are missing this essential component.

when i was in school i was much more aware and connected, it just sort of slips away with convenience and material things.

family used to be near by and involvednow many people live away from their familys and don't see thier friends except on the weekends.

isolation.

Re: total isolation

Originally posted by !@#$%

i spend 90% of my free time alone..

so yeah ube, i'm in isolation over here.

i guess we really have to make good on those plans

u got it!

i'll be in your area from the 3rd to the 6th of thie month. soo that would be thursday. call me if u got the timeski!

i'm down to hang and party in the sweaty humidity.

naw i don't need to here that i get that all the time round this way.

hey baby you looking fiiiine, what u too good for me? gurl u looking good, can i get them digits. come on baby. hey mami, then they say something in spanish. or just the wolf whistle.

summer time is the worst. but it's nice when i walk out of the liquor store and all the boys are opening doors and carrying my brown bags out to my car for me. :)

oh yah chu gots mail.

Guest HESHIANDET

i've had white colllar jobs before and they definitely up your alone time. at least for me it was more , these people are so far gone...hope i never end up like them type of thoughts.....it was at one of those jobs i decided to only work if what i do makes me happy. money is 2nd place in my life.....that may be the key

i feel isolated and strange if i go with out human contact for more than a day. There is nothing better than meeting a complete stranger and just hanging out with them for a little while. Even if you never see them again, chances are they will tell you something cool or inspire you in some way. I love going out and interacting with the world. I don't watch tv really unless its the news or i am watching it with some one else.

ISOLATION IS NOT GOOD FOR YOUR MENTAL HEALTH.

LOG OUT:lol:

i once went 3 weeks without talking to anybody... you get used to it, but you start talking to yourself... taxi driver is a good movie to watch when isolated.

i dont see it as good or bad.. it just is. and you can't blame society, it resides on you.

Originally posted by ubejinxed

i "meet" and have "conversations" with people online, who i never really meet

well that's the new way of doing things.

I worked on a documentary called 'Almost Real'

about how people have now started to forge real

friendships and relations with people who they've never met.

At first when I worked on it I had a bit of a hard time believing

just how involved some people would get with these 'virtual friends'.

I mean people honestly 'loved' the person on the other side of the webcam.

However I've since learned that genuine feelings about a person can

really exist even if the people have never met or even spoken before.

Look at 12oz... we are about as 'real' as a community can get. Everyone

has their place and is judged by their actions (online actions = words).

Ube... you are not alone. We're both 'blue sky dreaming'.

Archived