In the bowels of New Orleans

BOZACK

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yes you do. greatest city on earth in my humble opinion.

if you've never been, AVOID TOURISTY SPOTS AT ALL COSTS!!!! it will give you the most awful misrepresentation of this place. DO NOT GO TO:

1) decatur street, unless you like looking at 100 identical t shirt/mardi gras mask/shot glass/postcard cardl shops

2) cheesy fake "voodoo" shops

3) go to bourbon street ONCE, get wasted on hand grenades, look at girls showing their tits, then NEVER GO BACK!!!

DO go here:

1)random cemeteries, especially Holt cemetery (scary shit at Holt)

2)camellia grill

3)beckham's book shop

4)peaches records and tapes

5)MY personal favorites:

desire projects

Calliope projects

magnolia jects

iberville & lafitte jects

hollygrove

gert town

(just be careful and know what ward you're in incase anyone asks)

98lbs?........dude,you're a twig........but that's cool........hahahaha.....I'm as white as it probably gets(like wearing longsleeves in the summer).....I used to live in Inglewood,Ca............it was good growing up there though,I learned alot about different cultures and how to talk to people from different walks of life.....I still think and react to that perspective.....and it has worked out in my favor during my 29 year stay on this planet...if respect is givin' to me...then I give same back...I don't care who you might be...it makes no difference.

man i remeber goiing to new orleans all the time when i was at tech school in biloxi, shit was pimpin. iono i personally wouldnt walk around the way you look. when me an the hommies went threw we always had some huge ass shanks. but yeah cafe du munde(i think thats the name) and bourbon street were coo. blue crack and hurricanes are good too. double fisted grenades mmmmmmmmmmmm.

Guest imported_El Mamerro

I battled some homeless guy next to Bourbon St. once. He had a pretty big cardboard sign, large enough to dance on, and a super tiny radio, and I was drunk as hell at 5 AM and was like "YO!!! LET'S BATTLE!!! I'll give you $5 if you win!!" The guy cracked up, flashed the bustedest grill ever, and said, "NIGGA IT'S ON!!"

So we went at it, a crazy drunken/drugged bboy battle in which all we could do was flop around messily on the floor. Finally I took him out by doing apple jacks and rubberbands and he was like "I can't hang wit dat shit, man!!" I then recited some classic lines from Beat Street ("You biters!! All yall is biters!! And yo wack, so wuz up wit dat?!?", etc.), bought the guy a beer and gave him $10, and then we stayed talking shit for like half an hour more. Then I passed out at some donut shop.

Good times.

By the way, if you have the time, leave New Orleans and go up the swamps of Louisiana, then pay some crazy redneck like $5 to take you out to see gators and face deadly mosquito swarms.

Originally posted by El Mamerro

By the way, if you have the time, leave New Orleans and go up the swamps of Louisiana, then pay some crazy redneck like $5 to take you out to see gators and face deadly mosquito swarms.

^^^or i can get my canoe and drive down to lake martin &* do it for free! that place is infested with fucking gators all over the place

• 3 weeks later...

Say wha??

DO go here:

1)random cemeteries, especially Holt cemetery (scary shit at Holt)

2)camellia grill

3)beckham's book shop

4)peaches records and tapes

5)MY personal favorites:

desire projects

Calliope projects

magnolia jects

iberville & lafitte jects

hollygrove

gert town

(just be careful and know what ward you're in incase anyone asks) [/b]

Yo holmes you gotta be fuckin dusted or sum shit to be tellin a kid from outta town to go to calliope and dirty mag.. Those cats are str8 jackin over there. stickup kids corrupt cops and crack rox. The cemeteries and the bookshop are good ideas but even the cemeteries are sketch.. Stick with the 9th ward and maybe frenchman....

juss sayin

yeah, i go to some fucked up spots for flicks... in highschool i used to go for beer.. got ripped off a couple times, but ah well.... i look like a bum, so it works out.. if you go looking clean, you won't get jacked or anything, but everyone is overly nice and wants money... can't say i ever got fucked with though... i was bombin once when i was like 17, alone... this crackhead named mike started following me and talking me, asking me for shit every 5 min... he got pretty annoying... but yeah, after awhile, it gets old though... at night, people dont ussually talk to you (Back home anyway) if you're white... they assume you're an undercover or something.

i went to new orleans last month that place is dirty as hell. one of my friends was addicted to heroin and he used to always want me to drive him around the hood, i took him, but i still dont know why he wanted to go there i never let him buy drugs he just liked to drive around one time up in the combat zone(boston) back in the day when there were hookers everywhere he used to try and sell fake beans to the pimps some hoe even turned him down asked to see his ID the point of my story, i dont know.......just reminiscing

Re: Say wha??

Originally posted by spunyon

Yo holmes you gotta be fuckin dusted or sum shit to be tellin a kid from outta town to go to calliope and dirty mag.. Those cats are str8 jackin over there. stickup kids corrupt cops and crack rox. The cemeteries and the bookshop are good ideas but even the cemeteries are sketch.. Stick with the 9th ward and maybe frenchman....

juss sayin

yo "holmes" no i'm not dusted, just like taking risks and exploring neighborhoods. and those cats are not "str8" jackin any 98 lb cracked out looking white kid dressed in fucked up dirty clothes. there's nothing to jack when they think you're a homeless urchin. seriously if you follow my advice you're good. JUST KNOW WHAT WARD/PROJECT/NEIGHBORHOODYOU ARE IN AT ALL TIMES!!! and, well, the 9th ward/downtown are where all the violence has been lately, so...it's really not the safe alternative

"...deep in the city steets and graffiti

shots ringin out boom boom

one white monkey

one white bow and arrow

one clean white flower

give me faith and a safe place

turn down all the disco

cheap rent

blood on the cement

bitches and money and power

sixteen ouce budweiser

in front of the P&T

lookin out for myself cause aint nobody lookin out for me

im just a north louisiana white boy

killin time on the city streets

lookin over my shoulder"

-jimmy cousins (of new orleans)

best songwriter ive heard ever.

i used to roll through atlanta in the daytime by myself. nothing like walking into the martin luther king station and being the only white face in a crowd of hundreds. it's ok, though. most of the folks can tell that you're not a bigot or whatever and don't fuck with you. i met a ton of nice people. people who i wouldn't normally ask for help from were more than obliged to help me or just walk with me to keep me from getting fucked up. that's kind of cool in this world...you know? the media fills our heads with horror stories about being jacked or what have you, but it's not completely like that. those poor people, thugs, hookers, etc, are just people. i could go on with a ton of stories about what i've seen and done in various cities, but, i'm sure you've got your own, adn i'm way too fucked up to type more...i thinkit's a great idea. let people know that it's not that bad in the inner-city. let them know that there are plenty of good people in the world.

Archived