Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

in the 80's/90's where di you get your fat caps?

Discussion in 'Third Rail' started by user unknown, Jun 6, 2013.

1. eviltrailer77

eviltrailer77 Elite Member

Goddamn, I'm about to date the he'll out of myself but I remember seeing that shit with frame, it was videograff 8 if I remember correctly. We had a copy of a copy of a bootleg. I was like "Gawddamn!" I had just spent all day riding busses all over town all to get a measly handful of caps.

2. Zed_Eastwood

Zed_Eastwood Member

ehhhh, the year was actually 1994, not 84.

morton likes this.
  3. user unknown

user unknown New Jack

That was obvious wasn't it.

4. rolling nowhere

rolling nowhere Elite Member

it IS a little much these days. like 40 different fat caps out there. personally i use 1 type of cap about 90% of the time for everything. i grab a few every once in awhile and clean them out and they last for months. newer paints seem thicker so it might not be as easy to clean caps if youre using ironlak or whatever cool guy paints are out there. rusto. forever!

good info by the way. i remember back when i first started toying it up i was sure i was just THAT bad because i couldnt get a can to spray THAT clean compared to what i was seeing on freights ( there was hardly a graffiti scene here at that time). i think it took me like 6 months to discover fat caps. then i realized i was just bad not terrible. haha.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2013
  5. morton

morton Elite Member

I used to go to art stores and take the caps off cans of krylon crystal clear and put them in my mouth, I planned on spitting them at the clerk if anyone gave me shit. We called em softball caps but others called em phantoms.

Also purchased thins through bills wheels mail order and maybe some store in SF but I do not remember.

6. Zed_Eastwood

Zed_Eastwood Member

^^HA yeah, my homie chase from LA used to do that shit. i was like WTF cause i had never seen anyone rack like that before.

I remember Big Wheels too..old school shit.

7. rolling nowhere

rolling nowhere Elite Member

we got followed by a loss prevention undercover type at target back in the day. had all these random caps and tossed em into the magazine rack and came back for them the next day. they also called the cops on us once when we BOUGHT 2 cans of paint. cop was outside waiting to question us about why we were buying paint and what we were tagging. haha. GET REAL BOZO.

8. Patrick tate

Patrick tate New Jack

Very very fucking relevant and accurate.
    I'm only born in 83 but this is the kind of stuff writers really need to know.
    I've seen some talented dudes get shit wrong .
    Eg the other day I saw an Aussie Writer do yellow peice with red stars and a ,Cheech Wizard character and under the character he wrote Cheech Lizard.
    Perfect example of shit getting wrong through word o mouth.
    The guy has obviously never seen a real Vaughn Bode cartoon.
    Other wise he'd know it's junkwaffel and Cheech Wizard..
    People don't do their homework nowadays.
    But still wanna be the pinnacle of Graff.
    The pinnacle is only ever illegal on the street or public trains etc

eastbaybombz likes this.
  9. theprotester

theprotester Moderator Crew

10. armchair critic

armchair critic New Jack

female oven cleaner caps are the truth, and you can get them from most any grocery store.

11. SEKSE1

SEKSE1 New Jack

Multi purpose aerosols, like window and oven cleaners.