In lieu of SpongemodBeardpants >> Dirty's Saturday Night/Sunday Morning Post

Dirty_habiT

My brother was in a hit and run car accident tonight. Someone failed to yield. Smashed his Ford Probe GT that he's been working on and fixing up for the past half a year. This brings me to an important point. Please read on.

I've been thinking about this alot lately. I'm twenty years old now. I'm the oldest of 7 kids. My brother who was in the accident tonight is 17. He's still pretty young. I used to beat him up pretty bad when we were younger. The past couple of years, I've been thinking about it alot. We live in the same house. We're not on the best terms we could be. He's a little naive, but I cannot blame him, I was the same way. He likes to drink and he's smoking cigarettes now. It's disappointing, but he won't listen.

So he got this car a while back, and he likes to live fast. I've been worried for him. I love my brother, I worry. But, because we don't always agree and get along.... lately we don't really agree on much of anything, I don't get a chance to open up to him. I keep thinking to myself to tell my brother that I love him, and that I mean that. I never do. Well, tonight, my brother was in a hit and run accident. I just found out about 30 minutes ago and called him. He was on his way to my father's house. So, I called him at my dad's immediately. He answered, and the first thing I said, "Are you ok?" He is. His car is in the pound.

The reason I am making this post. I want to urge everyone to not take things for granted. Your loved ones may not always be around. The last conversation me and Bret had was the other day when he got me in trouble with my mom, and the last thing I said to him was, "You're an idiot." I felt bad about saying that even 5 minutes after I did. I knew it was wrong, and those kinds of words can hurt people. My pride was too big to apoplogise. I could've just as easily lost my brother tonight and never told him that I really care for him.... and let him know by saying it.

So with that said, if anyone is in a similar situation as I am, don't hold back your words. Tell people things as if you may never see them again. Don't ever pretend that everything will be alright. I'm not suggesting to live a life of paranoia. Everyone >> take care. Sieze the now!

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

you're a good man, dirty. most of us realize what you said, but most of us take it all for granted. that sucks. we should all realize that we don't die with any of our possesions, and we certainly don't have anyone to hold our hands through life or death, but we do have people in our lives that we care for, and most can never bring theirselves to say it out loud...

well, i'm gonna go sip on some jack and think about this post...seriously

Meh. My brother is a little shit. If he dies and my last words were, "fuckoff" then it wouldnt bother me, I wouldnt feel bad, its just the way things are.I would however be upset about his death. Life is very temporary, cant get caught up, obessed.

glad to hear he;s ok dirty....

hmm...that made me think...i start driving soon. will i get in accidents?

and all i can say is fuck my older brother. hes purely a penis

I don't know your situation Sneak, but try not to be so insensitive. Anyway, you can't control anyone else's car, only yours... people can crash into you if your a perfectly good driver. But, I don't want to get off on a tangent. I guess all I mean to say is enjoy yourself and the company you keep, nothing is forever.

Guest imported_El Mamerro

Glad to hear your bro is OK, Dirty. Take this opportunity to catch up and let him know all that stuff. You might have to cheeseball it and it'll be awkward at times, but it'll feel better in the end, trust me. Beer,

El Mamerro

Guest ArtvandaL
Originally posted by Grandola

word to this post. i'm gonna quit smoking cigarettes, cause last night it felt like i couldn't breathe. it might have been the weed too, but i know that if i just quit smoking ciggarettes, i'll be better off. plus, they leave you all stinky. ok. and i am glad to say that i get a long with my sibilings(sp). i have two older sisters and we're all cool with each other. plus, my parents are cool too.

lets see some flicks of your sisters naked

Guest ArtvandaL

but on the topic, I have some SERIOUS beef with my brothers. They just ALWAYS let me down, they ALWAYS let me fall. they never help me out, or encourage me, or anything, they even snitch on me to strangers and cops, how fucked up is that!? now im pissed again!

Guest -MOE LESTER-

when i was shrooming i came to the conclusion that in the end i could always kill my brother if i had too...i geuss thats kinda fucked up i wonder if he ever had thoughts about that shit...right now we cool though...he helps find me some dojah customers among his friends

I'm sorry about that man. Don't let it shroud your mind though, the important thing is to be a good person. Be gracious to others, no matter the circumstance. I think my relationship is going to be different with my brother for now on. An accident can really serve as a wake up call. I'm going to avoid saying things that aren't nice, I do that alot. And I feel bad when I do it, but I justify to myself that he's a jerk to me, so it's ok. I know he has a good heart though.... and everyone's different, so I can't blame him for not being the way I'd expect. Anyway, thank you to everyone that offered their kind words. I hope you got something out of this thread.

when i was younger my older brother used to beat the shit out me. really bad. he punched me in the nose once, and he's choked me several times. He's 2 years older than me and still living at home with my mom, i moved out several years ago. but once i moved out, he fuckin called my ass like 4 times a day, just to talk. what a fag-o. i guess we're on pretty good terms now. that fucker.

Originally posted by Dirty_habiT

I don't know your situation Sneak, but try not to be so insensitive. Anyway, you can't control anyone else's car, only yours... people can crash into you if your a perfectly good driver. But, I don't want to get off on a tangent. I guess all I mean to say is enjoy yourself and the company you keep, nothing is forever.

man, im sorry if i offended you...i didnt mean it all.

Sneak: naw man, don't worry about it.

Mamerro: that's how brothers should be

Scallawag: I'm pissed at you. :mad:.. and Mike told me he saw a freight you did today

Deliss: find something heavier to throw

Miss: that's funny how things change, like I said, he, like I did, may have taken things for granted.

Saves: maybe you should follow the good example and study hard rather than focusing energy on teasing your sister, it'd probably be to your benefit

Archived