1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

In lieu of SpongemodBeardpants >> Dirty's Saturday Night/Sunday Morning Post

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by Dirty_habiT, Feb 16, 2003.

1. Dirty_habiT

Dirty_habiT Dirty Dozen Crew

In lieu of SpongemodBeardpants >> Dirty's Saturday Night/Sunday Morning Post

Discussion started by Dirty_habiT - Feb 16, 2003

My brother was in a hit and run car accident tonight. Someone failed to yield. Smashed his Ford Probe GT that he's been working on and fixing up for the past half a year. This brings me to an important point. Please read on.

I've been thinking about this alot lately. I'm twenty years old now. I'm the oldest of 7 kids. My brother who was in the accident tonight is 17. He's still pretty young. I used to beat him up pretty bad when we were younger. The past couple of years, I've been thinking about it alot. We live in the same house. We're not on the best terms we could be. He's a little naive, but I cannot blame him, I was the same way. He likes to drink and he's smoking cigarettes now. It's disappointing, but he won't listen.

So he got this car a while back, and he likes to live fast. I've been worried for him. I love my brother, I worry. But, because we don't always agree and get along.... lately we don't really agree on much of anything, I don't get a chance to open up to him. I keep thinking to myself to tell my brother that I love him, and that I mean that. I never do. Well, tonight, my brother was in a hit and run accident. I just found out about 30 minutes ago and called him. He was on his way to my father's house. So, I called him at my dad's immediately. He answered, and the first thing I said, "Are you ok?" He is. His car is in the pound.

The reason I am making this post. I want to urge everyone to not take things for granted. Your loved ones may not always be around. The last conversation me and Bret had was the other day when he got me in trouble with my mom, and the last thing I said to him was, "You're an idiot." I felt bad about saying that even 5 minutes after I did. I knew it was wrong, and those kinds of words can hurt people. My pride was too big to apoplogise. I could've just as easily lost my brother tonight and never told him that I really care for him.... and let him know by saying it.

So with that said, if anyone is in a similar situation as I am, don't hold back your words. Tell people things as if you may never see them again. Don't ever pretend that everything will be alright. I'm not suggesting to live a life of paranoia. Everyone >> take care. Sieze the now!

Dirty_habiT - Rank: Dirty Dozen Crew - Messages:
  2. Poop Man Bob

Poop Man Bob Dirty Dozen Crew

Poop Man Bob - Replied Feb 16, 2003

Words of wisdom. Glad to hear he's alright.

Poop Man Bob - Rank: Dirty Dozen Crew - Messages:
  3. dELiSs

dELiSs 12oz Elite Member

dELiSs - Replied Feb 16, 2003

emm dirty . i just have too much to say. ill be back.

dELiSs - Rank: 12oz Elite Member - Messages:
  4. BROWNer

BROWNer Guest

BROWNer - Replied Feb 16, 2003

wordballsz.

5. casekonly

casekonly 12oz Veteran Member

casekonly - Replied Feb 16, 2003

you're a good man, dirty. most of us realize what you said, but most of us take it all for granted. that sucks. we should all realize that we don't die with any of our possesions, and we certainly don't have anyone to hold our hands through life or death, but we do have people in our lives that we care for, and most can never bring theirselves to say it out loud...
    well, i'm gonna go sip on some jack and think about this post...seriously

casekonly - Rank: 12oz Veteran Member - Messages:
  6. toyeattoywar

toyeattoywar 12oz Member

toyeattoywar - Replied Feb 16, 2003

bump.bump.bump
    good post dirty. this is definately a lesson alot of peple learn frm experience and it fucking sucks. hopefully thanks to dirty habit some people will learn from the dirty and take his word for it.

toyeattoywar - Rank: 12oz Member - Messages:
  7. zen

zen New Jack

zen - Replied Feb 16, 2003

Meh. My brother is a little shit. If he dies and my last words were, "fuckoff" then it wouldnt bother me, I wouldnt feel bad, its just the way things are.I would however be upset about his death. Life is very temporary, cant get caught up, obessed.

zen - Rank: New Jack - Messages:
  8. sneak

sneak Guest

sneak - Replied Feb 16, 2003

glad to hear he;s ok dirty....
    hmm...that made me think...i start driving soon. will i get in accidents?
    and all i can say is fuck my older brother. hes purely a penis

9. Dirty_habiT

Dirty_habiT - Replied Feb 16, 2003

I don't know your situation Sneak, but try not to be so insensitive. Anyway, you can't control anyone else's car, only yours... people can crash into you if your a perfectly good driver. But, I don't want to get off on a tangent. I guess all I mean to say is enjoy yourself and the company you keep, nothing is forever.

10. -MOE LESTER-

-MOE LESTER- Guest

-MOE LESTER- - Replied Feb 16, 2003

my brother almost lost my 50cent CD so i caled him an idiot

11. imported_El Mamerro - Replied Feb 16, 2003

Glad to hear your bro is OK, Dirty. Take this opportunity to catch up and let him know all that stuff. You might have to cheeseball it and it'll be awkward at times, but it'll feel better in the end, trust me. Beer,

El Mamerro

12. ArtvandaL

ArtvandaL Guest

ArtvandaL - Replied Feb 16, 2003

lets see some flicks of your sisters naked

13. ArtvandaL

ArtvandaL Guest

ArtvandaL - Replied Feb 16, 2003

but on the topic, I have some SERIOUS beef with my brothers. They just ALWAYS let me down, they ALWAYS let me fall. they never help me out, or encourage me, or anything, they even snitch on me to strangers and cops, how fucked up is that!? now im pissed again!

14. -MOE LESTER-

-MOE LESTER- Guest

-MOE LESTER- - Replied Feb 16, 2003

when i was shrooming i came to the conclusion that in the end i could always kill my brother if i had too...i geuss thats kinda fucked up i wonder if he ever had thoughts about that shit...right now we cool though...he helps find me some dojah customers among his friends

15. Dirty_habiT

Dirty_habiT - Replied Feb 16, 2003

I'm sorry about that man. Don't let it shroud your mind though, the important thing is to be a good person. Be gracious to others, no matter the circumstance. I think my relationship is going to be different with my brother for now on. An accident can really serve as a wake up call. I'm going to avoid saying things that aren't nice, I do that alot. And I feel bad when I do it, but I justify to myself that he's a jerk to me, so it's ok. I know he has a good heart though.... and everyone's different, so I can't blame him for not being the way I'd expect. Anyway, thank you to everyone that offered their kind words. I hope you got something out of this thread.