In appreciation of Claude Monet

CACashRefund

I made this thread for my appreciation of Claude Monet.

I love his work, its really calm and peaceful. I could stare at that shit all day, it really blows my mind. Not only that but he adds like an "aura" that gives it a surreal feel, i especially like the works of his garden, which include the lillypads. Hands down this is my favorite artist. I would like for you 12ouncers to contribute to this thread by telling us about your favorite artist(non-graffiti) and say why you like their work and maybe add a picture or two. Doesnt have to be a famous artist, just tell what you like.

monet119.JPG

monet111.JPG

monet146.JPG

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Anyone know the guys name who painted this scene where it was floor and there were four stairways leading to it and the stairways came from different directions, it was like an optical illusion because they seemed to come from below, above, upside down and shit. Im not sure how to explain it better than that.

great thread !

my favorite artist would have to be either joan miro or paul klee. the humor they had in their works was and is one of the reasons I ever got interested in modern art. Because of them I wanted to study and experience all that stuff and keep an open mind at all times.

but the artist I've learned from the most is Paul Cezanne. that shit is off the hook. just take a peek at any of those St.Victoire paintings... the intensity of the images is overwhelming, he thought and took care of everything that held the actual view together without too much worrying about either realism or impressionism.

I don't feel like posting any flicks, I encourage everyone to see this stuff in person, if you have the chance. screens or printed images can never reach the same level.

...i'm such an old school art hater...i'm really into mathew barney, mathew ritchie, mike kelley and a bunch of other contemporary artists...

...early frank stella, jasper johns, and rauchenberg was fuckin genious as well...

...and of course warhol...the man that changed everything...

Originally posted by porque@Apr 7 2005, 04:25 AM

did you know he was borderline autistic?

Originally posted by <KEY3>+Apr 7 2005, 12:41 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (<KEY3> - Apr 7 2005, 12:41 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-porque@Apr 7 2005, 04:25 AM

did you know he was borderline autistic?

[/b]

...no...but i'm not surprised...did you ever try to read his autobiography?...