Important to some to others whatever.

oneeightyone

Due to some interesting information that was brought to my attention today when i came into the law firm that i work at, i suggest everyone stop putting themselves out there, i know that d-lush has said before that a lot of personal info on this board is not great and i suggest eveeryone stop with their, tell me your names, tell me your sign, tell me where you live type shit. Or those that seek to have a lot to lose so to say should stop. There are many threads that ask for personal information in a "come hither" type of way and because there are thousands of reply's everyone seems to beleive that it is okay, but alas, there is a capture of information on this board that we have failed to realize is here...photos of everone, photos of work, even if no work is here, it is not so difficult to go toanother website and just match a to b. even some mods have posted their own work, the issue is we should deff. stop.

It feels like everyone is safe among their own so to say, a place where they can openly discuss a culture, and actions around those cultures, yet everyone must be aware that everything that is said is being seen by many.

Of coarse shit like this has been posted before, just be smart about what you put out there on the world wide web, it is public and can and will be viewd by many.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

181, duly noted. someone who puts themselves out there (i.e. posting names, personal info, their work, etc) kinda put themselves in the situation. so i mean, its kind of on them.

but i know the aftermath of getting caught simply of just posting pictures. he says its not worth it.

yeah, im interested in what spawned this as well.

i think most people that post their info and full pics either dont really paint illegally (if at all), or dont paint illegaly enough that it would ever be an issue.

i def. agree that being careless with what you post isn't a very good idea, especially all this myspace linking bullshit. there have been plenty of people who's identities have completely connected just by hitting the 'search posts by user' button. all it takes is a dude in metal heads going 'yo, where did you catch that _______' to give a pretty good idea as to who someone is.

of course this doesnt matter to most, but to those that it does, i would hope you're careful not only with what you put out, but also with what those that know you put out there.

the info that was brought to my attention was a nice email that my friend made, who also posts on 12oz, i open the email and he had done a whole tree of sorts so to say, that had this website and other websites that i post things on. and essentially through this and other online sources put out an entire rap sheet so to say with all my information including name. said it took him about an hour to compile. And it was an eye opener since it is so easy for anybody to get your information, especially when you put it in a public space like this.

the email had me my photos work ive done that he compiled from various online sources..

just be smart i guess, best beleive i deleted all my shit.

are you telling the girls NOT to post pics of themselves?

just playing... personal security is an important issue.

There is a difference between offering up locations and incriminating evidence

and just enough to build a psych profile based on online character traits.

err.. yeah... carefull what you say.

You're making me all nervous with all this talk. I try my best to not put that much info on here and are very specific with who I'll give details too. I've met quite a few people from this site and trust every single one of them..

Don't you guys(moderators) already try and catch that kind of stuff when you are able to find it? I will always appreciate you deleting anything that might compromise my future..

And this made me luagh...http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v15/Cluetwo/cutejoke7.jpg'>

what you just said spooked me into not posting so much about myself; we forget that there are many "guests" on this board that read but don't post, we get so comfortable in here that we forget that others are watching/reading, and not everybody has good intentions either. thanks for reminding, oneeightyone...

Guest imported_El Mamerro

I'd like to clarify that there's nothing wrong or incriminating about tit shots, so you can feel free to continue those.

Originally posted by EarMuffs

not true

maybe not for you, but for most it is.

i know of VERY few cats who are steady up in the mix in ch zero posting their pics, info about themselves etc, that are also doing enough damage to warrant a vandal squad investigation. maybe you are an exception, but if so, you're just that, an exception. most cats either used to write, or now do so so seldomly that if they got caught, it would be because they got caught in the act, not as a result of online profiling, which would only be grounds for making you a suspect, they would still need to catch you in the act or with undenyiable evidence.

people should def watch their backs if they have something to lose, but for 90% of the people on here, they don't have a thing to worry about. either their city is too small to be devoting hours to looking for one dude on the internet, or they're city is so large that they'd have to do an assload of damage to even get noticed.

basically, i could really give a shit less what dudes post about themselves, cause like mams, i'm trying to see some 12oz titties. yall sausage party motherfuckers can get busted for all i care. more e-pussy for me!

;)

dont forget that your friend also knows where to look, and already knows your info, so he just has to connect the dots. when you dont know what you're looking for though, those dots are a whole lot harder to connect with any certainty. there have been plenty of people i've tried to figure out the identity of, and i might be able to get it down to a crew, but cant pin an exact member.

whoever said that we, the crew, are watching your back....if that's what you're counting on to save your ass, you're cruisin for a bruisin. there have been over a million posts, and there are about ten active crew members. do the math. we take of things that are reported to us, but we dont check every post in every thread.

Guest imported_Tesseract

Damn i just saw the reply! you said it bro, banning is so 02' how about sending me some misfits and get with the times?

heh, i love when people automatically respond with how it effects them in particular. i almost think there should be a pop-up occasionally reminding people that the bbs is a public forum.

another aspect is that a lot of these kids are 'freight writers,' and they can afford to give up 10x more info than a bomber.