1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

IMAGE SIZING?!?!?!

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by REGULATOR, Jan 24, 2002.

1. REGULATOR

REGULATOR 12oz Elite Member

IMAGE SIZING?!?!?!

Discussion started by REGULATOR - Jan 24, 2002

aite i tried to do a search but couldnt find a more narrow term to search for...but How do u make your pictures smaller??? every time i scan an image it ends up hella big...i try and go edit it but nothing works....if u saw my kitty pictures in the pancake thread u know what i mean....anyway??

REGULATOR - Rank: 12oz Elite Member - Messages:
  2. beardo

beardo Guest

beardo - Replied Jan 25, 2002

lower the DPI when you scan. should be at 72dpi. youre probably doing it at like 800 or something ridiculous like that. or, get photoshop and resize before you upload.

3. REGULATOR

REGULATOR - Replied Jan 25, 2002

how do i do that??? i cant find my scanner settings anywhere

4. montanaman

montanaman Guest

montanaman - Replied Jan 26, 2002

when u scan it right after u scan it go to the image icon on the top of the bar click on thaat and then click on to web formaat that should take care of it for yahh..good luck

5. Pistol

Pistol Dirty Dozen Crew

Pistol - Replied Jan 29, 2002

Do you want the image size smaller in actual size? That's what I thought you meant. Not the actual kbs of the file. It depends on what image editing software your using.

Pistol - Rank: Dirty Dozen Crew - Messages:
  6. ASER1NE

ASER1NE 12oz Veteran Member

ASER1NE - Replied Jan 29, 2002

just get photoshop , its so easy

ASER1NE - Rank: 12oz Veteran Member - Messages:
  7. REGULATOR

REGULATOR - Replied Feb 4, 2002

yea im talking about the DPI....how do i make it smaller??? im searching everywhere for the fuckin scanner settings...im using windows XP, and im using a compaq s200 flatbed scanner...i just scanned a sketch of mine and when i try to view it...it comes out so fuckin huge....any help is greatly appreciated

8. Pistol

Pistol Dirty Dozen Crew

Pistol - Replied Feb 4, 2002

If I'm not mistaken the DPI refers top the quality of the image. I think you want to make the image itself smaller. Like instead of 4 inches you want it 2 inches. What program are you using? photoshop,printshop,photosuite. on many of them you can resize by clicking and dragging the corner of the picture to make it smaller.

9. REGULATOR

REGULATOR - Replied Feb 4, 2002

im using that default "paint" program in windows...i dont have any of those photoshops...where can i get one

10. Pistol

Pistol Dirty Dozen Crew

Pistol - Replied Feb 4, 2002

You can get those programs on morpheus, you get morpheus @ http://www.musiccity.com {PrintShop is a fairly easy one to use if your not going to be doing anything professionally. I'm not familier with the one that comes with Windows. What kind of connection do yoiu have?

11. imported_El Mamerro - Replied Feb 4, 2002

If you're using Panit, try this... Click on Image at the top of the window, then go down to Stretch/Skew... When the little window pops up with the width and height percentages, bump those down to like 25% and click ok. Save picture and you're all set. Beer,

El Mamerro

12. lil'moco

lil'moco 12oz Junior Member

lil'moco - Replied Feb 4, 2002

Whatever program your scanner uses you need to switch to manual scan instead of automatic. With my scanner it automatically scans it at 100%, When I change the size to 25% it comes out perfect. If you can find a manual setting you should be able to figure it out.

lil'moco - Rank: 12oz Junior Member - Messages:
  13. REGULATOR

REGULATOR - Replied Feb 6, 2002

THANKS YOUR A FUCKIN SAVIOR!!!!