Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

I'm Thinking About Teaching English In Japan

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by RoboThruster, Aug 28, 2005.

1. RoboThruster

RoboThruster Member

The tittle pretty much says it all. Have any of y ou done this before? So far I've checked out the JET and AEON programs. It would probably be for about a year. Recommendations? Advice? Comments on Japan? Write a Hykoo about me ?

Don't playa hate, articulate.

2. shameless self promotion

shameless self promotion 12oz Legend

If your willing to go looking for car parts and deal with shipping them back here, you and I could make some good money.
    I'd do it for sure.

3. Fondles

Fondles Veteran Member

Go for it. I hear it's not as difficult as you would think, with the exception of the elitist japanese kids talking shit about you behind your back. Those middle to high school kids are fucking brutal, mentally and physically, on their peers far more than americans are. Have fun, send pics of hot chicks in, you guessed it, school uniforms.

4. SpyD

SpyD Elite Member

my best friend's brother did this for a few years. i think it turned him gay

5. H. Lecter

H. Lecter Senior Member

You have to work out your values and your priorities...
    ask yourself WHY you want to go there...

I think it would be a good idea to visit the place first,
    before deciding you want to live there...no?

You seem to think that Japanese culture is comedic..and that won't really work out there.So for a start, you should take the job ...and japan... more seriously.

Maybe try to understand the place and the prospected situtation a bit more in general,
    before making that decision..

Do you have a degree? what type?
    The demand for english instruction is steady , but the supply has increased..
    making it more difficult for less-adequately equiped people to become teachers..
    You may not even be able to get a job, and if you do, even if you're qualified,
    you might have to work in a little countryside town~Are you ready and willing for that?

It's a wonderful oppourtunity...but nothing is what it seems to be...
    Especially 180 degrees around the world.

6. H. Lecter

H. Lecter Senior Member

&P.S.

"Ko-N Ba-N Wa" DeSu

7. Biggus Dickus

Biggus Dickus Senior Member

That's what I was just going to say. Those people are going to throw your ass out of the country for saying or typing " Kaum Bah Wah " and "Hykoo". The first one is simple, Japanese 101 shit, and the second is used so commonly in high school english classes that you might as well be a 12 year old.

8. gren1 bnc

gren1 bnc Senior Member

this is thread worthy alone.

9. FeltUno

FeltUno New Jack

thats pretty sick.

go for it

10. RoboThruster

RoboThruster Member

I'm aware of the country town problem as a possible scenario. And the poorly spelt cliche's were just me mucking about. I think your reading way too much into my post. Anyway. I have a Bachelor's degree in English Literature. Checking the place out before I go isn't really an option for me, simply because I don't have the bling or the time.

I like sooShi ... does that help? :rolleyes:

11. ElectricitySucks

ElectricitySucks Veteran Member

luckily, noone has mentioned anything about ninjas.

12. LETTERFED

LETTERFED New Jack

illest place in the world. don't think. just go. GO

13. Vanity

Vanity Veteran Member

there's an old thread on this... it should be more helpful

14. Dick Quickwood

Dick Quickwood 12oz Loyalist

Do you speak Japanese
    I would think you have to do that
    To teach English in Japan

15. isor357

isor357 Senior Member

assuming you know both languages i would figure that in a modern society like japan you would need something comperable to a teaching certificate. To teach Japaneese in an american public school you would need to get a bacherlors degree and a teaching certificate or your masters. Thats the case here in Michigan. Even if you know both languages what makes you think you know the first thing about teaching.
    My advice.... MCDonalds KFC or Dominos

And whats more.... Dont most Japaneese people already speak english? I thought they started learning languages at a very early age