i'm pretty scurred

casekonly

i went to have my teeth cleaned the other day and an odd growth was seen in the back of my throat. it's a small fleshy white growth. i had to go back this morning to have the rest of my teeth cleaned, polished, and sealed...the growth is still there. so, my sister-in-law, who is the dentla hygenist i went to called a dentist in and he was talking like i should go get it seen about as soon as i left the office. he and some other people that worked there scared the fuck out fo me today.

the thing is, i smoke...i'm very scared of cancer. way too young for this shit.

i've also heard stories of other writers having growths found in their throats from xylene, etc. exposure.

just wondering if anyone has any comforting stories???

btw:

i've got an appointment with an oral surgeon tomorrow at noon.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest imported_Tesseract
Originally posted by casekonly@Nov 3 2004, 08:21 PM

btw:

Seriously man, i was about to close this thread down and re-open it tomorrow at noon. I wont do it, but i seriously dont wanna hear that shit and i seriously advice you to not even think about it until you get an experts opinion. You're gonna be fine, keep us updated.

hmm, never had my tonsils out. it's more fleshy than puss filled. very odd. it's very very scary, though.

tesser: yeah, sorry to freak you out, there. just wanted to get it out there. not for people feeling sorry for me, but i will ask this doctor if xylene or other chems in paint might have caused this. like i said, i smoke, too. guess i'll see if they want to take a biopsy...

until then, i guess i'll just ride it out and hope for the best.

my tonsils had such things to... pus was what i called them but it's really more fleshy i guess... where in the back of your throat is it? what is it attached to?

i don't think you should worry about cancer if you're reasonably young. i had white patches on my gums i think or maybe throat and my denist said it was from smoking also... clearly not a fun thing to here but hey it's not cancer... yet... just get it checked out asap. best you can do. i'm sure youre aok

Originally posted by casekonly@Nov 3 2004, 08:29 PM

hmm, never had my tonsils out. it's more fleshy than puss filled. very odd. it's very very scary, though.

tesser: yeah, sorry to freak you out, there. just wanted to get it out there. not for people feeling sorry for me, but i will ask this doctor if xylene or other chems in paint might have caused this. like i said, i smoke, too. guess i'll see if they want to take a biopsy...

until then, i guess i'll just ride it out and hope for the best.

damn man, hope everything is alright!

but this is the perfect time / reason to stop smoking man.

you said it yourself, youre to young to be having problems like this (especially if smoking is a contributor to the cause).

dont be stupid once you get this stuff fixed and keep smoking... take this as a early warning man.

good luck brah.

thanks for the advice and wishes. i'm hoping that it's tonsils...the thing is, it's near my tonisls, but not on them. sort of behind, in the throat area. i could see it when my sister in law handed me a mirror the other day while i was in the dentist chair with that big surgical light all shining down my throat but i can't see it too well in standard bathroom lighting.

i'll keep you guys and girls informed.

btw: the writer who i heard about having a growth in his throat was either iz the wiz or seen. i can't recall. i think it was iz and it wa a story about it written by seen. in some mag a long time ago.

fucking scary, either way.

tease:i'm down to my last cigarette. once it's gone, i quit for good. i'm pretty much smoking because of the nerves right now.

sugar: thanks for the salt water advice. my throat is kinda sore, but i've also had the flu for the past week and a half. i attributed it to that. it may be the fleshy thing...

I get some sort of throat irritation about once or twice every couple of week's, mostly from straining my voice or not taking the time to do vocal warm up's.. as far as the growth go's .. cant say i have much experiance, or any for that matter with growth's.. but keep your head up, usually things arent as bad as we make it out to seem. Either way, good luck with that.

- Related, i doubt you have throat cancer.. unless you smoke on regular basis and frequently at that (how many pack's a day?) i dont think you have anything to worry about . it actually sound's a bit like Tonsillitis.

you know what it also might be? swollen lymph nodes, because that's pretty much what your tonsils are made up of. If the lymph nodes in your tonsils get inflamed(which i honestly havent seen in pictures, so im not sure what colors/textures), it's pretty much tonsilitis(inflammation of the tonsils)..

yea i know this sounds redundent and you probably know this, but if it's swollen lymph nodes in ur tonsils, worst case they would just take them out. Mine need to be taken out, theyre ALWAYS swelling up all shitty and pussy.

Originally posted by casekonly@Nov 3 2004, 08:21 PM

i went to have my teeth cleaned the other day and an odd growth was seen in the back of my throat. it's a small fleshy white growth. i had to go back this morning to have the rest of my teeth cleaned, polished, and sealed...the growth is still there. so, my sister-in-law, who is the dentla hygenist i went to called a dentist in and he was talking like i should go get it seen about as soon as i left the office. he and some other people that worked there scared the fuck out fo me today.

the thing is, i smoke...i'm very scared of cancer. way too young for this shit.

i've also heard stories of other writers having growths found in their throats from xylene, etc. exposure.

just wondering if anyone has any comforting stories???

btw:

hey casek my exroomate had this crazy looking growth in the back of his throat, he died 4 months later from cancer, he never smoked in his life, be afraid very very afraid.. :burn: :burn: :burn:

ok just joking the growth wasnt anything serious he just had strep or some shit like that and didnt notice, until he was almost over it, i smoke and have had all sorts of weird growths and have hacked up paint colored lougies and even worse shit, but yet i am still alive and kicking so dont worry man you will be fine..

Casek, I had really bad strep and tonsilitus(s?) growing up and had those white things on the back of my throat (not just my tonsils) all the time. Some were not in my skin, some were just mucusy crap, and by the sounds of you being sick recently and also smoking while sick, its probably just that. Keep doing what sugar said, thats the cure all. Theres this swedish mouth wash that also works very well, I cant remember the name off the top of my head but sometime syou can get it at local mom&pop drug stores. Its a yellowish color and in a small glass bottle. Gargle it with your head tilted back.

Its really hard not to jump to conclusions with things, I completely relate. Like in all aspects of life, be prepared for the bad, but dont think its what is going to happen.

best of luck hun

about to go to see the oral surgeon. i was thinking about getting some pics while i'm there. if not, i'll have someone point the camera down my throat.

i had someone else look at it last night, they hada med flashlight and said it looked like an extra flap of skin just growing there. white-ish like the surrounding skin...this is weird. anyhow, i'll try and get pics. thanks for all the encouragement and well wishes.

i'm hoping it's nothing serious...anyhow, i am quitting smoking. it was less than a pack a day, to whomever asked

STOP FUCKING SMOKING CIGARETTES.... you are paying your hard-earned money to cigarette companies for a slow, painful, costly death that will cause emotional havoc to your friends and family. and all you have to do to avoid this is NOT do something, it's not like you have to go out of your way to do something extra. plus, if you have to die anyway, wouldn't you rather die for free?