Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

i'm pretty scurred

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by casekonly, Nov 3, 2004.

1. casekonly

casekonly Veteran Member

i went to have my teeth cleaned the other day and an odd growth was seen in the back of my throat. it's a small fleshy white growth. i had to go back this morning to have the rest of my teeth cleaned, polished, and sealed...the growth is still there. so, my sister-in-law, who is the dentla hygenist i went to called a dentist in and he was talking like i should go get it seen about as soon as i left the office. he and some other people that worked there scared the fuck out fo me today.

the thing is, i smoke...i'm very scared of cancer. way too young for this shit.

i've also heard stories of other writers having growths found in their throats from xylene, etc. exposure.

just wondering if anyone has any comforting stories???

btw:
    i've got an appointment with an oral surgeon tomorrow at noon.

2. Seriously man, i was about to close this thread down and re-open it tomorrow at noon. I wont do it, but i seriously dont wanna hear that shit and i seriously advice you to not even think about it until you get an experts opinion. You're gonna be fine, keep us updated.

3. elleacious

elleacious New Jack

I had puss pockets in the back of my throat before...is it poppable? Stick a popstickle stick back there and see if it pops? People with tonsilitis issues also are known for having growth/puss pockets..

not to gross ya'll out..

4. casekonly

casekonly Veteran Member

hmm, never had my tonsils out. it's more fleshy than puss filled. very odd. it's very very scary, though.

tesser: yeah, sorry to freak you out, there. just wanted to get it out there. not for people feeling sorry for me, but i will ask this doctor if xylene or other chems in paint might have caused this. like i said, i smoke, too. guess i'll see if they want to take a biopsy...

until then, i guess i'll just ride it out and hope for the best.

5. good luck man, i'm sure it'll be nothing

6. dirtyhoodrat

dirtyhoodrat Junior Member

my tonsils had such things to... pus was what i called them but it's really more fleshy i guess... where in the back of your throat is it? what is it attached to?
    i don't think you should worry about cancer if you're reasonably young. i had white patches on my gums i think or maybe throat and my denist said it was from smoking also... clearly not a fun thing to here but hey it's not cancer... yet... just get it checked out asap. best you can do. i'm sure youre aok

7. dirtyhoodrat

dirtyhoodrat Junior Member

*hear... woah buddy tight accidental spelling on my part

8. T=E=A=S=E

T=E=A=S=E Elite Member

damn man, hope everything is alright!

but this is the perfect time / reason to stop smoking man.

you said it yourself, youre to young to be having problems like this (especially if smoking is a contributor to the cause).

dont be stupid once you get this stuff fixed and keep smoking... take this as a early warning man.

good luck brah.

9. »§ÜGÅR«

»§ÜGÅR« Senior Member

don't go sticking ANYTHING in your throat or popping anything..it might just be pusss..

i've got tons of tonsil problems.. If you're in pain or your throat's irritated, throw some sea salt in a cup of really warm water and gargle for a few minutes. It helps. Good luck though.

10. AORAone

AORAone Veteran Member

you'll be fine man.

and tease is right (yeah....tease is right) take it as an early warning.

11. casekonly

casekonly Veteran Member

thanks for the advice and wishes. i'm hoping that it's tonsils...the thing is, it's near my tonisls, but not on them. sort of behind, in the throat area. i could see it when my sister in law handed me a mirror the other day while i was in the dentist chair with that big surgical light all shining down my throat but i can't see it too well in standard bathroom lighting.

i'll keep you guys and girls informed.

btw: the writer who i heard about having a growth in his throat was either iz the wiz or seen. i can't recall. i think it was iz and it wa a story about it written by seen. in some mag a long time ago.

fucking scary, either way.

tease:i'm down to my last cigarette. once it's gone, i quit for good. i'm pretty much smoking because of the nerves right now.

sugar: thanks for the salt water advice. my throat is kinda sore, but i've also had the flu for the past week and a half. i attributed it to that. it may be the fleshy thing...

12. High Priest

High Priest Elite Member

I get some sort of throat irritation about once or twice every couple of week's, mostly from straining my voice or not taking the time to do vocal warm up's.. as far as the growth go's .. cant say i have much experiance, or any for that matter with growth's.. but keep your head up, usually things arent as bad as we make it out to seem. Either way, good luck with that.

- Related, i doubt you have throat cancer.. unless you smoke on regular basis and frequently at that (how many pack's a day?) i dont think you have anything to worry about . it actually sound's a bit like Tonsillitis.

13. »§ÜGÅR«

»§ÜGÅR« Senior Member

you know what it also might be? swollen lymph nodes, because that's pretty much what your tonsils are made up of. If the lymph nodes in your tonsils get inflamed(which i honestly havent seen in pictures, so im not sure what colors/textures), it's pretty much tonsilitis(inflammation of the tonsils)..

yea i know this sounds redundent and you probably know this, but if it's swollen lymph nodes in ur tonsils, worst case they would just take them out. Mine need to be taken out, theyre ALWAYS swelling up all shitty and pussy.

14. Overtime

Overtime Dirty Dozen Crew

i told you to call me, you didnt, its karma////

15. Gat Bush

Gat Bush Veteran Member