i'm looking into buying a gun today...

vinyl junkie

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Weapon X+Mar 4 2005, 10:47 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Weapon X - Mar 4 2005, 10:47 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'>A gun, you say?

[/b]

yes sir, a gun!

Originally posted by InfiniteWisdomOfThePezDispenser@Mar 4 2005, 10:49 AM

is it for protection, fun, or other?

kicks mostly... i have some friends hat go to a shooting range once or twice a month... seems like fun...

<!--QuoteBegin-seeking@Mar 4 2005, 10:49 AM

never been a fan of revolvers much.

what are you looking to spend, and what are your gun buying priorities?

not looking to spend a ton of money... probably top out at around $300, but i have no idea if that's reasonable or not...

and the appeal of revolvers for me is that they're old fashioned/simple/you can see what's going on... kind of similar to my attraction to fixed gear bikes...

You can get a police trade in glock for about $350

If you can find it, there is the Arcus 94C

its only $229, 9mm, takes browning Hi Power magazines

If you want something small, go with a Bersa .380

they can be had for 200

If you want to pay several hundred dollars more

go with that Sig p229, thats what federal agents use

it will cost probably $750+

Rock Island Armory makes some 1911 clones for around $300, you might have to fiddle with them to get them to feed 100%

As for my suggestion

I say go with a Glock, or Springfield XD in the .357sig round (Glock model 31 or 32, not sure which springfield xd model)

that 357sig round is nothin nice

dont get a revolver, unless you are getting something to put in a boot, they are guaranteed to fire, but the low round capacity makes a semi auto a much better choice in any type of combat situation

naw, you seem like an oldschool revolver kind of guy, so i cant see any reason not to go that route.

unfortunately i know next to nothing about revolvers or their prices, but i'd say look for used, and look for cool...maybe rely on an intimidating brand name or something...a colt python maybe.

if you're just looking for something for sport shooting and to have, stay with a lower calibre. 44's and 357's are cool but they'll wind up costing you twice as much as a 38 to shoot.

I have to say, i am totally against revolvers for protection, but the good thing about .357 revolvers is that they are interchangeable with the .38 special round, so you can shoot .38s out of your .357 all day, but not the other way around....

Originally posted by dojafx@Mar 4 2005, 11:25 AM

I have to say, i am totally against revolvers for protection, but the good thing about .357 revolvers is that they are interchangeable with the .38 special round, so you can shoot .38s out of your .357 all day, but not the other way around....

i would never be carrying this around with me, and it wouldn't be for protection... that's what knuckle calluses are for... i actually figure i would never want to have bullets at home...

the only point in me getting a gun is to have fun... and possibly to look tough on myspace...

seeking: 44's and 357's are cool but they'll wind up costing you twice as much as a 38 to shoot.

doja: you can shoot .38s out of your .357 all day

thank you for shit like this... this is what i'd like to know before i go in there...

i've owned a few weapons. the one i liked the most was a hk usp compact in a 40 caliber. i owned a sig 228 which i think is the best 9mm ever made but i sold it. i dont like 9mm too much since its not all that big of a caliber. forget about glocks... that striker trigger system is crappy and i hated my glock with a passion. they're great guns but i like double action/single action firearms so i'm a little biased. if you want a .45 auto get the usp compact in that caliber. its nicely compact and its not as snappy as the .40cal . . i'm done dorking out but those are my suggestions.

usp.jpg

i vote for this.