IM JUST A BEGINNER...BUT I GOT QUESTIONS...

QUO

1. when you bomb...how do you know when to use the German Fats and NY thins...

2. when bombing do u fill first and then outline, or the other way around?

3. are the Montana XL's hard to buff?

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

I'll help you out. Okay. For throws do an outline in the color you want to have as the fill in. If you don't want to get caught I suggest you use a german fatcap.

Then you fill in this area. When you fill, move the can side to side, so all of your lines will be the same direction as eachother. This is how everyone fills, and it saves paint.

Now do your outline. You can use a thin cap preferably.

Anymore questions?

Also, Its good to keep your stock caps. They are great caps for the forcefield of your bomb. For quick fills I would reccomend a Pink Dot ultrafat cap, and for your outlines get some German Outlines 2 caps. On another note, you obviously are a beginner at Graff, don't waste your money on Montana.

dont use german fats(orange dots) or german jumbos(pink dots) for ur fill, ull only get one fill in with one can. use a rusto fat for your fill and outline and dont make ur fill solid. montana xl's are the same paint as hardcore, just a bigger can.

Originally posted by johndoe

dont use german fats(orange dots) or german jumbos(pink dots) for ur fill, ull only get one fill in with one can.

err, no. your still useing the same amount of paitn to fill in the same amount of space, it just gets done quicker.

LISTEN UP... All you need is NY Thins and NY Fats. Fats for the fill and thins for the outlines. When you get better, invest in some different caps.

And don't worry about shit that's hard to buff yet, you're just a beginner. You don't want your nasty shit riding forever, it's only going to embarass you 6 months from now if you're still in the game.

Originally posted by Easy E

err, no. your still useing the same amount of paitn to fill in the same amount of space, it just gets done quicker.

not in my experiences...they cover a larfer area but you have to move the can a lot slower....i prefer just a normal fat cap..(whatever one comes on the can)

if you havent noticed, you'll get many suggestions on which cap to use for certain things because some caps sorta' give similar results but fit better on different manufacturers cans. rubbish gave good advice to you as a beginner when he said to stick with ny skinnys and ny fats because its better to get to know the basics well first.

i personally like to fill with rusto fats.

Originally posted by ODS-1

Yeah, just stick to krylon, rusto, etc.

i still rock the rusto and krylon (even though krylon bites, its got an okay color selection)

Personally I think new yourk fats are good fillers, but they have that hollow look if you know what I mean.

Thats the best part, man! Well, I personally love ghost fills where you can see the streaks of lines going back and forth, which is exactly what you will get if you use a NY Fat. If thats not your thing then get some Rusto caps, they are in the same size range (if not exactly the same size) as a NY Fat, but a bolder line.

(even though krylon bites, its got an okay color selection)

Why do you think Krylon bites? I do like Rusto better.. but I think that Krylon is a fine paint. I don't find anything wrong with it, but it did take some getting used to the first time I used it. Its a little bit runny, but it takes time to get used to.

^^^ yea i used to think that too. i dont know brothah'... its too thin and runny plus i've had cans of krylon with weak valves that spray around the cap stem. its just lesser quality. but i like the colors.

may as well add it on here

since i am in this guys leauge:

how the shit do you get those cool ass drips??!? i have been trying with paintmarkers and paints...just can't get it to look right on my tags and end up having to wash my hair with paint thinner.

Re: may as well add it on here

Originally posted by 8onus

how the shit do you get those cool ass drips??!? i have been trying with paintmarkers and paints...just can't get it to look right on my tags and end up having to wash my hair with paint thinner.

push it down and move slowly, but since your dont know how to do "cool ass drips" im guessing your handstyle isnt very good in the first place...in wich case you should be working on that insted of the drips.

Re: Re: may as well add it on here

Originally posted by Easy E

im guessing your handstyle isnt very good in the first place

you're good

what i lack in quality i make up for in quantity...i figure can control and handstyle will come. and whats wierd to me is my peiceing is improving drasticly every time, but my tag still fucking sucks balls.

Re: Re: Re: may as well add it on here

you're good

what i lack in quality i make up for in quantity...i figure can control and handstyle will come. and whats wierd to me is my peiceing is improving drasticly every time, but my tag still fucking sucks balls.

There is nothing wrong with this. Where I am, there are many writers here who get up SO much but only do fill ins. They have been around for years and I have only seen 2 tags of their's, and they sucked. So, maybe this is your type of writing.

Stay up.

Originally posted by GnomeToys

It's all about the elephant caps dude. You can waste a can of paint so fast it'll make your face melt.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: haha, those fucking elephant caps get me everytime!

Originally posted by chumbawumba

I am still unaware of wheather an elephant cap is its own cap, or is it just another name for the Level 5 Montana Gold Caps.

look at the last 2 post on the elephant caps thread, itll explain what they look like, well, look for my last post....

Re: may as well add it on here

Drip tip-- well this is what i did- I got a stock cap that comes on krylon.

I took out the white center piece, which will leave you with a big hole.

(and please dont use that for fill in, you will regret this) Then you get one of those skinny straw like tubes from a wd-40 can. Cut a small piece about 1/4 of an inch and stick it into the big hole on your stock tip

and boom- you got a drip tip. It will sometimes pop out so if you want put some superglue on the outside. The lines are pretty thin but tons of drips. This looks like the one you can buy but fuck that. I aint going to go buy some tip i can make myself. Try that and see if it works. Personally I dont use it -- I just know some people like you who like drips so i made one.

As for fill ins--ny fat.

outlines --- german thins.

german jumbos are just crazy.

Archived