Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

IM JUST A BEGINNER...BUT I GOT QUESTIONS...

Discussion in 'Third Rail' started by QUO, May 1, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. QUO

QUO New Jack

1. when you bomb...how do you know when to use the German Fats and NY thins...

2. when bombing do u fill first and then outline, or the other way around?

3. are the Montana XL's hard to buff?

2. ODS-1

ODS-1 Elite Member

I'll help you out. Okay. For throws do an outline in the color you want to have as the fill in. If you don't want to get caught I suggest you use a german fatcap.
    Then you fill in this area. When you fill, move the can side to side, so all of your lines will be the same direction as eachother. This is how everyone fills, and it saves paint.
    Now do your outline. You can use a thin cap preferably.
    Anymore questions?

3. chumbawumba

chumbawumba Senior Member

Also, Its good to keep your stock caps. They are great caps for the forcefield of your bomb. For quick fills I would reccomend a Pink Dot ultrafat cap, and for your outlines get some German Outlines 2 caps. On another note, you obviously are a beginner at Graff, don't waste your money on Montana.

4. parcheesey

parcheesey New Jack

dont use german fats(orange dots) or german jumbos(pink dots) for ur fill, ull only get one fill in with one can. use a rusto fat for your fill and outline and dont make ur fill solid. montana xl's are the same paint as hardcore, just a bigger can.

5. chumbawumba

Hmm.. I don't recall that happening to me before but yes Rusto Fats are also a good fill cap.

6. Easy E

Easy E Member

err, no. your still useing the same amount of paitn to fill in the same amount of space, it just gets done quicker.

7. rubbish heap

rubbish heap Senior Member

LISTEN UP... All you need is NY Thins and NY Fats. Fats for the fill and thins for the outlines. When you get better, invest in some different caps.

And don't worry about shit that's hard to buff yet, you're just a beginner. You don't want your nasty shit riding forever, it's only going to embarass you 6 months from now if you're still in the game.

8. ODS-1

ODS-1 Elite Member

Yeah, just stick to krylon, rusto, etc. Personally I think new yourk fats are good fillers, but they have that hollow look if you know what I mean.

9. HOVIE

HOVIE Member

not in my experiences...they cover a larfer area but you have to move the can a lot slower....i prefer just a normal fat cap..(whatever one comes on the can)

10. Easy E

Easy E Member

thats a stock cap

11. rinse

rinse Member

if you havent noticed, you'll get many suggestions on which cap to use for certain things because some caps sorta' give similar results but fit better on different manufacturers cans. rubbish gave good advice to you as a beginner when he said to stick with ny skinnys and ny fats because its better to get to know the basics well first.
    i personally like to fill with rusto fats.
    i still rock the rusto and krylon (even though krylon bites, its got an okay color selection)

12. chumbawumba

Thats the best part, man! Well, I personally love ghost fills where you can see the streaks of lines going back and forth, which is exactly what you will get if you use a NY Fat. If thats not your thing then get some Rusto caps, they are in the same size range (if not exactly the same size) as a NY Fat, but a bolder line.

Why do you think Krylon bites? I do like Rusto better.. but I think that Krylon is a fine paint. I don't find anything wrong with it, but it did take some getting used to the first time I used it. Its a little bit runny, but it takes time to get used to.

13. rinse

rinse Member

^^^ yea i used to think that too. i dont know brothah'... its too thin and runny plus i've had cans of krylon with weak valves that spray around the cap stem. its just lesser quality. but i like the colors.

14. 8onus

8onus Banned

may as well add it on here

since i am in this guys leauge:

how the shit do you get those cool ass drips??!? i have been trying with paintmarkers and paints...just can't get it to look right on my tags and end up having to wash my hair with paint thinner.

15. Easy E

Easy E Member

Re: may as well add it on here

push it down and move slowly, but since your dont know how to do "cool ass drips" im guessing your handstyle isnt very good in the first place...in wich case you should be working on that insted of the drips.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.