I'M DRY

injury

i was never a dry skin person until a year or two ago.

now, it drops below 40 or so and all of a sudden i'm sandpaper.

(washing my hands all the time doesn't help)

any recommendations to keep moisturized 'n'all are welcome.

i could pony up and hit cvs for $10 hand/jerkoff lotion but i feel like one of you has something better

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

^a coworker of mine used aquaphor on her chapped lips and swore by it...

i use a lotion called "hempz" and it works pretty good....its a bit costly though.

if you want a really cheap lotion, you can get the queen helene cocoa butter lotion in walmart's african american section...you can get a 32 oz bottle for like $2 and it will last a long time...im still on a bottle from last year.

if you need to get small area of dryness, like knuckles or elbows, you could get some tea tree oil.

if you have ashy feet, you can get jr watkins peppermint footcream....this shit is cheap and works good:

https://www.jrwatkins.com/bath-and-body.aspx?facet={792FD0AF-0B8B-4A82-9ED0-CF7CF74460B0}%2C{178EDBF7-CA80-4E2D-93D4-911ED501AA2D}

and the cheap route is just to jack the lotion from hotel rooms everytime you go out of town...i have a collection lol.

a friend was goin off about aquaphor the other day.

i like jergens ultra healing

jgs_dryskin_01_img_l.jpg

i was also reading the other day, a dermatologist saying using your hands and soap in the shower is good enough

loofahs, scrubbies, washcloths just rob your skin of teh moisture.

i threw out my scrubby

For the scalp I like a tar shampoo, "Grandpas pine tar shampoo"

Occasionally a treatment with PHYTO elixir

For the hands I like the little tins of Nivea

For the feet I like Weleda foot balm, they are a good brand all around with a great deodorant and a product called skin food that works very well for dry skin.

For chafing problems around the ass or inner thighs I use a diaper rash ointment called Boudreaux's butt paste, high zink content is the key.

Middle age is awesome.

I work in a mining environment which as let to some other skin problems, for the nostrils a swab a bit of bacitracin with a q tip.

inj, you may need to exfoliate /nh

nothing shitty like going out in the winter days after a shower & having your face falling off. may or may not have used straight up olive oil on my face once lol. eh, it worked for the day. if you shampoo everyday, that also gets rid of too much natural noggin grease & worsens your face drying up