Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

im back, but only for some sad shit

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by mr.e, Jul 5, 2001.

1. mr.e

mr.e Senior Member

well, i went to the doctor yesterday, and was diagnosed with melanoma. he says the spots are too big to remove without needing a serious skin graft, and we dont have the money for that. if im lucky i have all of 10 years to live.

you have no idea how i feel right now. not even close.

2. suburbian bum

suburbian bum 12oz Loyalist

Well, i dunno what to say either, im sorry about that, how much will it cost to cure you? Mayby you could start some fund raiser or something.

3. dukeofyork

dukeofyork Guest

dam, that sucks man...
    youre right, i dont know how you feel, but still thats really too bad..
    how much would it cost?

4. for real dood-
    sorry to hear that shit, BUT i truely believe in my heart that the right attitude can get you farther then a doctor or medicine. i know people living with HIV for 15+ years and take no meds. alot is in the right attitude. plus, 10 years is alot of time for doctors to work on a cure.

spend some time on the net investigating it.

you are right, we have no idea...
    i wonder what we can do.
    any ideas?

------------------
    Now back to your regularly scheduled re-programming...

5. chizm

chizm Senior Member

i'm realy sorry to hear that. all your bruthas and sistas at 12 oz should doante a money to save a home-boy's life. i would.

6. mr.e

mr.e Senior Member

we cant afford it yet.... maybe we can get it up in the next year or two, but its still gonna put a damper on the restof my life. im just gonna live each day until i get this shit worked out like its my last. thanks to you people who are willing to help a brother in need. and you wanna know the kicker? ive painted without a shirt on damn near every week for the past few years in the texas sun. graff is killing me. isnt that some shit?

7. Zack Morris

Zack Morris Veteran Member

how much would the operation cost?...try to get benefit shows booked and try to raise money. there is nothing shameful in raising money to save your life.

8. DoSeR

DoSeR Senior Member

sad to hear i wish ya all the luck..and im sure 12oz feels the same bump for wellness nahm sayin

9. Brain Damage

Brain Damage New Jack

Hey man, I'm sure my band would do a benifit show and send all the cash to you so you can afford your operation(Zack Morris' idea of benifit shows). Whatever little can help. I'm sure my band would be more than willing to put up a few Saturday nights of playing shows to help a brother with melannoma out.

Brain Damage

10. YUshook

YUshook Junior Member

yo man im real sorry to hear about that dood
    what is melanoma what does it do to a person and how does someone get it....my condolences again...dvsONE

11. BoB Hope ONER

BoB Hope ONER Elite Member

im real sorry to hear that..

much love to you.

12. Smart

Smart Dirty Dozen Crew

dude, I'm not gonna say I'm not sorry, but I am saying, WTF? Ten years, that's a long time, you can beat it, EASY, they gave my uncle 10 months and he went for 22, my grandma was in treatment for 5 years... both of these folks were easily twice your age when they got diagnosed, you have youth and vigor on your side, don't fuck it up with a shitty attitude... OH, and my boy that woke up one day with bruises all over, went to the hospital and found out he had Lukemia and was on the check out list for next week... now it's 7 years later and his 'baby' is 5 and so on... this is merely a speedbump, though I'm sure it looks like a mountian, keep your head up

------------------
    2 Can Sam

13. mapo wc

mapo wc Elite Member

Yo what the fuck?

This kid just found out he has ten years to live and y'all are gettin on him about having a shitty attitude? Jesus.

Im just wondering, about how often do you get sunburned? Do you spend alot of time in the sun?

14. Temp Name

Temp Name Member

15. Smart

Smart Dirty Dozen Crew

yeah I got on to him, no time to sit down, there's work to be done and a race to be won, no sense crying over spilled milk... and what did you say to encourage him, or do you just keep the hyenas at bay until he's dead?

------------------
    2 Can Sam