Illustrator help

MESTHREE

Any help would be appreciated

When I pick a colour with the colour picker in illustrator it displays ad darker and more vibrant in the working space. this is leading me to create shit that looks really washed out. How do I make the colour choice in the picker consistant with the working space?

thanks.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

These are photoshop tutorials but maybe if you poked around you could find something for illustrator.

http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?t=129189

Could be your CRT, could be your HSV to RGB to CYMK or whatever the hell alphanumeric crap... I don't have any idea honestly. But there are specific things you could troubleshoot relating to color management.

Originally posted by beardofzeus@Aug 7 2005, 01:08 PM

maybe you have a suck monitor. You might want to consider getting yourself a Pantone color swatch book so you will know exactly what color will be printed out.

Or maybe google.

hey thanks I never thought of any of those options yet. except for the fact that pantone books cost a million dollars and are not that usefull for what I am trying to do and I do not have a sucky monitor and thirdly; google? whats google? Gee I never thoguht to look there. :rolleyes:

If one more dink on here tells me to look on google when I post a question in here i will have your house robbed and your girl mugged, but thanks for trying.

Colors on screen will never print exactly the same because

they are two different technologies the screen being lights

RGB, and printing CMYK. Use the pms color system and have

a pms booklet with you to see what the color will print like,

before sending the job out to a printer go to your color pallet

and trash the pms samples, this will convert the colors in

your piece toCMYK and not throw the printer off.

Or perhaps your printer sucks

If it's being saved for web start off by setting your pallet up with web-only colors

other wise you'll lose clarity in the translation. Printing has the ability to show tens

if not hundreds of times the amount of color than internet, when you start with the

regular pallet of colors it assumes your designing for print, and when you go to

save for web it'll choose what web-color it feels is the closest substitute.

make sure your color settings are correct... i usually have mine vswop and the gamma at 2.2

im on a mac.. but this adjusts it so it shows more like a pc.

when you make a jpeg from illustrator colors always become more desaturated.. and the contrast will be weaker.. most people i know tweak the levels and color balance in photoshop before they show people jpegs exported from illustrator.

when i send work to people i usually give them non editable pdfs as proofs. and editable pdfs on final delivery. unless youre using spot colors dont leave colors as pantones..youll be dissappointed when it comes back not looking right.

you should get a pantone color bridge book. it shows spot colors, its cmyk and rgb equivalent.. having this will show you how much colors shift from the different systems.

word now wheres my pancakes.. i spit hot fiyah.