Illegal Immigrants

BobTheBuilder.

Why are politicians and the majority of Americans so against Illegal Immigrants? They pay taxes and cannot recive the benefits outside of a public school education. I read in a TIME article that they contribute like 15 BILLION dollars to Medicare and the retirement programs which they take out 0 dollars from.

Companies like Walmart and Kmart make billions of these same people yet they fail to fight for them.

Time for new laws: If you're an upstanding illegal immigrant and you contribute to this nation, its military or local communities you shoudl be elgible to recieve a SS number and apply for citizenship.

Many of the same people who oppose illgial immigrants they oppose legal immigration as well. Wake the fuck up idiots, everyone in this country is an immigrant or an ancestor of immigrants.

Back when The Irish, Polish, German immigrants came here in mad flocks they were treated like shit and were said to "destory the American way of life"

Look how they have contributed to the culture of the US, many are now politicians and upstanding citizens.

Anyways, im not Mexian but I don't think we should go around wasting money keeping people that contribute so much out.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

I think it has to do with some kind of closet racism more then anything else.

I see it on o'reilly, buchanan, and that fuckhead what's his name..kohl, korl, karl, something. same shit everyday.

People talk about losing jobs to them but never think about the contributions to the country that they give.

watch "day without a mexican" for the point.

bobthebuilder, you are my new friend.

Im going to have to agree with Bob on this,

Illegal immigrants do take some shitty jobs, for equally shitty pay. And its people like Arnold Schwarzenegger who really piss me off when it comes to shit like this. He came as an immigrant looking for success and now hes talking about closing the borders to immigrants. What is running through his mind when he says shit like that i have no fucking idea.

Im not an illegal here, but i have friends who are and seeing them not able to get legit jobs and getting fucked over on pay is not cool to experience.

America does need to reform its laws concerning immigration. And the shit that needs to stop is the habit of killing pro immigrant laws by saying it works for terrorists or something like that. Come on now, allowing an immigrant to obtain a drivers license does not let the terrorists "win." Its not cool for people to be driving around with no insurance, but thats what people do because they cant get a drivers license.

Yo I fully agree with you on this one.

It might be racism to a degree but I think it's more resentment from the non-college grad working class that's having a rediculous time getting jobs now cause all the mexicans are doing it for cheaper without bennies and with more enthusiasm to work under shitty conditions.

Me falling into the group of non-college grad working class I can relate to that resentment to a degree, but me also having common sense I can relate to the immigrants that are just trying to escape what we are soon gonna be experiencing here when the next "Depression" roles around the corner.

I also think the Republicans are PRETENDING to give a fuck about the working class just to trick them into thinking that they care, just like with gun rights and the NRA. Fucking diversionary politics to piss off the masses so they pay even less attention to more serious issues.

Edit---> wow, post 3,000 I'm an "Elite Member" now. I need to get a life. :yuck:

This is a strange subject. I work with 75% illegal immigrants. They pay no taxes at all. It is set up that they work for a temp company that hires out labor and skilled labor. My company pays the boss man of that company for what ever the guys are paid $14 $15 or $16 per hour. Then at the end of the week it comes time to pay the guys and Jose, the owner of the temp company, takes 15% of their pay and says he has to pay taxes with this money. Then at the end of the year he gives them a 1099 tax form to fill out. These guys laugh and then throw it in the trash.

On the up side, Jose lies to his guys all the time and is late paying them and things of this nature. One of the mexican guys told me today that if I started up my own temp company he would leave Jose right now and come work for me. I thought about that for a while and said its a good possibilty. By the time the day ended I have over 30 mexicans that told me they would work for my company if I started one.

Now Im trying to figure out what is the legal aspect behind a company like that. Hiring temps and not knowing if they are legal or not. This thing has my gears turning.

where im from, we like to lock up our illegal immigrants, men women and children, for several years in the desert, treat them like animals, ignore the fact that they're suffering from mental health issues which we will eventually have to compensate, and recently its been discovered that the system is so screwed that we deported a legal citizen to the philipines a few years ago, and jailed another citizen for a few months for no reason at all apart from the fact her name wasnt mrs. smith. and there are probably another 200 or so cases of wrongful imprisonment yet to be discovered.

i agree with you oneightyone, Why is it, that this fear is always about people from countries that are not considered "white." It has been a long time since I've heard the fear of Irish illegal immigrants used to justify cracking down on immigration. Could it be that occurred just about the time the Irish began being included as "white"?

There are many good reasons to consider an overhaul of our immigration laws and our border protection (not limited to land borders only), but if one doesn't start with the fact of a huge racist bias that has distorted our policies and continues to do so then we are just blowing smoke.

Theo Huxtable- Even if an employer is illegally paying someone under the table and avoiding payroll taxes (this happens in some cases - not exclusive to illegal immigrants) there are a whole host of other forms of taxation in which these workers pay into but cannot expect to receive the same benefits as the rest of us.

p.s fuck Arnold Schwarzenegger

Originally posted by Theo Huxtable@May 25 2005, 10:51 PM

bob, illegals don't pay taxes. where did u get that info from?

I know you8 asked the question to bob but i know for a fact that illegals do pay taxes.

Where did i get my info from?

My friends who are indeed illegals they pay their income taxes every year. Do you think the governent cares if theyre ilegal or not? fuck no. They just care about the money thats coming in.

Illegal immigrants dump the wages for the porest of the poor. Its basically subsidized labour for big corporations. All it does is make the rich richer and the poor homeless, and in the long run erodes the middleclass.

People who support it are usually touchy feely decadent upper middle class twats.

its pretty simple guys. illegals fuck us in more ways than the economy. fuck open borders, fuck free trade fanaticism, fuck wars of needless intervention. after victory in iraq, bring our boys home, get out of the UN, no nato expansion, put the millitary and national guard on the borders, and we might start becoming a super power again. right now we are over stretched, and wore out. to think it is racism to dislike ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS, is fucking lunacy. its a tactic of leftists to smear your opponent by calling them a racist. it does do one thing, it shows me, that if you call me a racist for wanting to stop ILLEGAL INVASION of our country, you have an empty arsenal of real arguments. for all you pro illegal immigration types, learn something before you speak.

Yeah bob is right.

I know people who have been in the army for years and still can't get a citizenship... (obviously they are legal immigrants, but you see my point)

Being a working class schmuck myself I feel the pangs of illegal immigration during a depression... but I also know that Bush is an idiot, and when Clinton was in office, there were more positions than could be filled. Not only that but we are losing way more jobs to outsourcing than to illegal immigration anyways... so the real problem lies in unethical corporations and not poor illegal immigrants who are just trying to have a better life for their children. I find them to be a very respectable people. Which is why I find armed militias patrolling the arizona border to be very disturbing... as well as Fox news blubbering over them.

And it's true that alot of this denouncing of illegal immigrants, and even legal immigrants is a sort of closet racism. I was actually reading about the origins of the "New Right" and how they borrowed alot of ideas from the left during the 60s and 70s because the right was actually becoming outmoded and outdated and was losing alot of public support, especially following WWII. So they took alot of leftist ideas like preserving diversity and distorted it to mean preserving diversity as in segregation.... preserving cultural boundaries. So the new right regularly makes it's appeal to poor working class schmucks by blaming immigrants for their dire living conditions, which is hardly the case at all. It used to be that the democrats lead the way in preserving the rights of the working class (which is still largely the case) but the republicans are ciphoning off some of this support with their blaming immigrants. Just more political demogogy.

"Which is why I find armed militias patrolling the arizona border to be very disturbing... as well as Fox news blubbering over them. "

are you one of those guys who thinks that the minute men are shooting illegals too? why cant a citizen who can legally carry a firearm, is following all state laws, carry a firearm for self defense while doing the job our government wont?

Originally posted by angelofdeath@May 26 2005, 03:32 PM

its pretty simple guys. illegals fuck us in more ways than the economy. fuck open borders, fuck free trade fanaticism, fuck wars of needless intervention. after victory in iraq, bring our boys home, get out of the UN, no nato expansion, put the millitary and national guard on the borders, and we might start becoming a super power again. right now we are over stretched, and wore out. to think it is racism to dislike ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS, is fucking lunacy. its a tactic of leftists to smear your opponent by calling them a racist. it does do one thing, it shows me, that if you call me a racist for wanting to stop ILLEGAL INVASION of our country, you have an empty arsenal of real arguments. for all you pro illegal immigration types, learn something before you speak.

You know the neocons will never do this. They are the one's that want free trade, not fair trade. They will sell this country out any chance they get.

:$:

And you really haven't brought anything to support your position, unless you consider accusing the left of empty arguments and of unjustly calling the right racist, support for your position.

Originally posted by angelofdeath@May 26 2005, 03:59 PM

"Which is why I find armed militias patrolling the arizona border to be very disturbing... as well as Fox news blubbering over them. "

are you one of those guys who thinks that the minute men are shooting illegals too? why cant a citizen who can legally carry a firearm, is following all state laws, carry a firearm for self defense while doing the job our government wont?

How is this legal? I don't understand....

If I were to amass a militia to patrol downtown DC brandishing our own weapons allegedly to protect our nation from terrorism, then that would be considered legal as well?

This shit makes no sense to me.

"You know the neocons will never do this. They are the one's that want free trade, not fair trade. They will sell this country out any chance they get.

And you really haven't brought anything to support your position, unless you consider accusing the left of empty arguments and of unjustly calling the right racist, support for your position. "

yeah your right, the neo cons wont do any of that. that is why they have got to go. not only do the neo cons want free trade, so does damn near everyone. nafta?=clinton. now bush is pushing cafta.

as for supporting my position, sorry about that, but im just killing time before i go on vacation, and wanted to throw a bunch of stuff down, in response to pretty much this whole thread, really quick.

Originally posted by angelofdeath+May 26 2005, 04:07 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (angelofdeath - May 26 2005, 04:07 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>

yeah your right, the neo cons wont do any of that. that is why they have got to go. not only do the neo cons want free trade, so does damn near everyone. nafta?=clinton. now bush is pushing cafta.[/b]

That's capitalism for ya... that's why our country leans right, at least economically.

Originally posted by angelofdeath@May 26 2005, 04:07 PM

as for supporting my position, sorry about that, but im just killing time before i go on vacation, and wanted to throw a bunch of stuff down, in response to pretty much this whole thread, really quick.

Understood.

<!--QuoteBegin-angelofdeath@May 26 2005, 04:07 PM

DUDE, the very few dudes who carried guns, have carry permits. this makes it legal. do you know what a "carry permit" is? LOL

I didn't know you could get carry permits for rifles and shotties and shit. I've seen all manner of firearm out there.

I dunno... maybe I just imagined them having a bunch of rifles in my head.... my bad... I guess I'm used to seeing armed people in the army and when I think of militias I think guns.

But still... Who the hell gave them the authority to patrol these borders? Isn't that trespassing or something? Shit just doesn't seem right....

^could be.

it's a project to monitor the US/mexico border, started by civilians who

may or may not hate mexicans..but are most def 'concerned'. they scammed their name from the old school minutemen. people like shwarzeneggarrrr

support them..that may tell you somethin' right there.

ps-"it's a tactic of leftists to smear your opponent as racist"..

please..this is rooted in absolutely nothing but utter bullshit.

people of all political leanings have used this 'tactic', and most

definitely it's been a prominent undertone for some sectors of the right.