1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

illegal immigrants, playboy and walmart

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by GucciCondom, Nov 13, 2003.

1. GucciCondom

GucciCondom 12oz Veteran Member

illegal immigrants, playboy and walmart

Discussion started by GucciCondom - Nov 13, 2003

Not Just Low Prices
    Wal-Mart's yellow smiley guy may be heading for a frown. The company is the target of a probe into the hiring of illegal immigrants. Its earnings fell short of Wall Street estimates. Its size threatens some stores. And now six of its "sexiest" female employees are on Playboy.com -- not exactly the wholesome image the retailer projects. Is it still America's family favorite?

Playboy Undresses Wal-Mart Women
    By Parija Bhatnagar, CNN/Money Staff Writer

Playboy.com's controversial "Women of Wal-Mart" feature went live Wednesday, showcasing six of Wal-Mart's "sexiest" female employees who dared to shed their uniforms for the online pictorial.

"This was a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity," said Tesha Mullen, one of the feature's models. "When I heard about the pictorial, I knew right away that I wanted to send in photos. Some of the most beautiful women in the world have posed for Playboy, and it is an honor to have been selected for this feature."

In September Playboy.com had announced it was searching for the sexiest women at Wal-Mart, the world's biggest retailer. Playboy ran the similar-themed 'Women of Enron' last year and 'Women of Starbucks' photospreads in the magazine earlier this year.

Their Business
    · Earnings Miss Estimates
    · Stock Quote and News

Their Legal Woes
    · Immigrant Workers File Suit

Their Competition
    · The Company It Fears

"We received over 400 responses from Wal-Mart employees. That's more than the responses we got from both Enron and Starbucks employees," said Jay Nesheim, spokeswoman for Playboy.com.

Nesheim said the six models, including a photo lab technician, assistant manager and a department manager, were paid for their feature but would not disclose the amount.

"We knew that this would be a very provocative thing for us to do," said John Thomas, editor of Playboy.com. "Wal-Mart has a conservative corporate image, and we knew they wouldn't be thrilled. But we're hoping that the company will be pleased once they see how fun the pictures are and how empowered the women at Wal-Mart feel."

For its part, Wal-Mart said the pictorial "is in poor taste." "Based on our values, we will be disappointed if any of our people do participate in it," said spokesman Tom Williams. "However, individuals are free to do what they want."

Recently Wal-Mart, in an effort to spread its wholesome image as a family store, said it would put covers on a few women's magazines that typically display racy pictures and story titles.

Playboy.com
    Playboy.com chose the six "sexiest" women of Wal-Mart from more than 400 entrants.

Bentonville, Ark.- based Wal-Mart also banned three men's magazines, including FHM, Maxim, and Stuff, earlier this year because it said it had received complaints from customers about their content. The chain has never sold Playboy.

In the past, Wal-Mart has refused to sell CDs that carry warning labels about explicit lyrics. Instead, the store sells sanitized versions of albums, with some songs omitted or covers redrawn to pass muster with the chain's buyers.

11/12/2003

http://aolsvc.news.aol.com/news/article.ad...113112009990005

GucciCondom - Rank: 12oz Veteran Member - Messages:
  2. Dr. Dazzle

Dr. Dazzle 12oz Veteran Member

Dr. Dazzle - Replied Nov 13, 2003

Mmmm.....Walmart hunnies [​IMG]

Dr. Dazzle - Rank: 12oz Veteran Member - Messages:
  3. DETO

DETO 12oz Loyalist

DETO - Replied Nov 13, 2003

I heard about this on "Tough Crowd With Colin Quin" a few weeks ago.

DETO - Rank: 12oz Loyalist - Messages:
  4. Dick Quickwood

Dick Quickwood 12oz Loyalist

Dick Quickwood - Replied Nov 13, 2003

now let's talk about wal mart tv commercials

Dick Quickwood - Rank: 12oz Loyalist - Messages:
  5. ~KRYLON2~

~KRYLON2~ 12oz Loyalist

~KRYLON2~ - Replied Nov 13, 2003

someone post some pics of them hoes

~KRYLON2~ - Rank: 12oz Loyalist - Messages:
  6. boogy nights

boogy nights 12oz Junior Member

boogy nights - Replied Nov 13, 2003

where da' bitches at?

boogy nights - Rank: 12oz Junior Member - Messages:
  7. Josh White

Josh White New Jack

Josh White - Replied Nov 13, 2003

Aren't they all just the fucking smiley face bouncing around lowering prices..hahahahahahahahhahahahahhahahahahahah

Josh White - Rank: New Jack - Messages:
  8. Tyler Durden

Tyler Durden 12oz Veteran Member

Tyler Durden - Replied Nov 13, 2003

being inside walmart just makes me fucking angry.

AND the commercial, with the old guy whos all "i like to make the customers feel welcome, thats my job." yeah. great genius. fucking super happy for you. (he sounds spanish or something? who knows.....perhaps he is the illegal immigrant spoken of in the article...) DEATH.

however, i do findmyself returning there for the 94cent silvers. dont sleep.

Tyler Durden - Rank: 12oz Veteran Member - Messages:
  9. JUDONO?

JUDONO? 12oz Senior Member

JUDONO? - Replied Nov 14, 2003

walmart has some fine ass bitches I used to work there. They should have gotten some bitch that worked with me she had a JLO ass.

JUDONO? - Rank: 12oz Senior Member - Messages: