Illegal Immigrant Rights...

Paisa

So i have decided to do my paper on Illegal Immigrant rights for my ethics paper...

so far i have some things to write about in my paper... it has to be 15 pages long... see if you can add to the list... to help a fellow head out...

1. Xenophobia

2. Working Conditions

3. Fair Treatment

4. Fair Wages

any additional ideas would be greatly appreciated... thank you...

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

What about the ones getting health care, food, and a place to stay?? Unfortunately, I do understand their reasons for wanting to leave any country. It's too bad these people should have to go through the proper channels to do so. Does anyone have an idea of what it's really like having to go through it? It's got to be a shitty process.

How about asking "What would happen to an American citizen if he ILLEGALLY entered any other country on earth?" (Including Mexico....)

Answer: PRISON. Guess where all these illegal aliens should be?

An acquaintance foolishly overstayed his visa on vacation in Mexico. Arrested in the airport, held in jail for a month before being charged. Hired a lawyer, who bribed the judge and the government attorney. Total bill: $11,000.

No nation on earth allows people to enter their country without any controls. We are going to REALLY regret this bullshit sometime in the future, you just wait.

the facts:

immigrants+good

illegal immigrants+bad

i was raised in new mexico, i ain't no fucking rascist, and nobody dhould be treated like they are, but the fact is is that word illegal is still present. but just arrest them and send em home till they can hustle a legit way to the states, ya know? don't chingaso there face all up cuz your an asshole. where i come from its the raza huras that are the illest to those guys. sad.......

hmm not all illegal immigrants are bad i know quite a few that work hard and take the low paying jobs that no one else wants. the hardest thing is trying to become legal in the US, i agree that having a non-productive immigrant burden in the US is not desireable but it is so hard to become productive and move up in our society if you can't do anything from getting car insurance, or a house or even really exist.

i think there should be a very strict screening process to let people become citizens but that people who can enhance the US as a whole should be allowed a fair chance to become legal.

Originally posted by cømmunist

they should have 0 rights

not fair, they dont pay taxes and arent citizens they shouldnt be here..

WORD!

this is fucking stupid. if they are illegal then throw them the fuck out. its a very bad thing to say but if you cant speak the language then get out of my country.

Originally posted by cømmunist

they should have 0 rights

not fair, they dont pay taxes and arent citizens they shouldnt be here..

i know one who pays taxes (fake SSN) but never gets anything back.

i don't know any who take advantage of health care or any other benefits, they just came here to work and they are not able to do so.

maybe the folks i know are a minority tho.

Originally posted by Pistol

a bunch of guys that do illegal things for fun bitching about people that do "illegal" things for survival.

that's word.

as far as them not paying taxes, that's bullshit. if they get a job working under the table, then no, they dont pay taxes, but how many legal residents do you know that also work under the table? how many times have you bitched at them for not paying taxes?

if some cat wants to risk his life to come to america to wash dishes for 4.00 an hour, hey man, best of luck.

the other alternative, like ube said, is you give a fake ssn, and at the end of the year, you dip out and never get your tax return. this happens A TON, but no one mentions it. these cats are actually providing more tax revenue than any of the rest of us.

all in all, i'm not sure how i feel about this exactly. on one hand, i have to admit that kabar is right, there is no country that has wide open borders, so why anyone would expect us to is beyond me. at the same time, we stole this land and everything on it, so how can i really tell someone they cant have a piece if they work for it?

either way, i think american companies relocating manufacturing to foreign countries is costing us a hell of alot more american jobs, than illegal (or even legal) immigrants coming here. also, no one ever wants to do the jobs they do anyway, so quit bitching just to do it. if anything, they're taking the jobs normally given to 15 year high school students. waaahhhhhhhhhhh, little johnny can't get a job washing dishes at chen's house of sezuanne. damn. the world really is coming to an end, isnt it?

^^ seriously our country is sort of based on illegal labor sort of like slavery but just a little more expensive and by free will. no rights, no way to become a 'real' citizen, no health care, no respect and no way to move up. i understand that they came her of their own free will but if someone is productive and willing to work they should be given a chance.

i know another person who is illegal (not my ex) and skilled can't even get a shit job right now. plus the last job he had he worked for a while doing carpentry and then the boss told him he didn't have money to pay him and he couldn't do a damn thing since he's not supposed to be here.

whatever, i agree there should be rules and not open borders (and we don't) but there should be some concessions.

True that.... many of us went from being plantation slaves to wage slaves. There is even worse slavery outside of the states and it doesn't seem to be improving. In fact it is getting more sophisticated with the wage slaves becoming white collars now.

I can't blame anyone for coming here to survive... and there are many who tried the legal process for asylum or what not and were turned away. Becoming a citizen is not easy either. It takes at least months and often years to become a citizen. I know of some people who have been working on it for 10 years! In fact just today we turned away someone at the gate, a guy from grenada who has been here since 1968! He was even in the military here! He had a valid license and social security card. But he didn't have an INS card or green card or visa or any of that. This is ridiculous. I know scores of people in the military who arent citizens and that's a damn shame when you can die for a country but not be a citizen. It's like some kind of foreign legion.

Some things to consider before regurgitating the hate in the headlines.

To all you cats Replying to my thread...

Thank you!!!

You guys are giving me a shitload of ideas...

whether i agree witht them or not...

the fact of the matter is i need to talk about both sides (the good and the bad) to kill those 15 pages...

Once again... thanks a million...

go on, be daring, talk about them being ILLEGAL threfore the fact that maybe they don't have any right to be in the country (think about it - they are taking places of a person genuinely in need of aslyum from a state that persecutes them!!).

come on, don't bring the knee-jerk political correctness without chewing it over..

Guest BIGMETALCIRCUS

one guy at my work fled cambodia during the civil war there, got asylum status. he's been doing my job since 1983, and i make 2 dollars less than him. he has legal status at this point too. there is also some women from my work who came here just before 9/11 and because of 9/11 they are not allowed to go home, and if they do, they won't be allowed back. They came on work visa's though, which allows them to work legally. They pay taxes, but they don't get any money back. They do the same job as me as well, yet i make 4 or 5 dollars more.

I agree that the illegal immigrants who come into this country shouldn't have as many rights, but the ones who are or were here legally need to be worked on. they shouldnt be denied basic rights though, such as healthcare, and fair living/working conditions, assuming they get jobs.

I have no problem with legal immigrants

I served in the Marines with many men from other countries (Mexico, Columbia, Jamaica, Canada, Phillipine Islands, Ireland, England, even one from Ukraine) but they came to the U.S. to serve in the armed forces. They enlisted at the U.S. Embassy in their home country, and usually intended to become a citizen after their ETS.

These guys were excellent Marines, very loyal the the United States, very proud to be defending our country. They would have all made excellent citizens. They spoke English, they adopted our culture, they obeyed our laws, and they could hardly wait for a chance to become citizens.

The amnestied formerly illegal aliens I worked with as a welder, on the other hand, were resentful, little wieners who loathed everything American except our money. One guy told me "You Americans are stupid. You took Texas from us before by war, but we are going to take it back by filling the whole state with Mexican mojados. Someday this will all be ours. And then you gringos can get the fuck out."

That's the attitude. Twenty-five years from now, I'll be dead, so it won't matter to me. But you guys are going to have to deal with this shit. Ever been to Mexico? I hope you like living in the Third World.

so some comment by a Mexican version of a redneck influences your opinion that much? he was probably saying that to fuck with you any how.

what about some of the people in the south i've met that said their grandpappy owned niggers and it's a shame he can't either. should that influence my opinions of people from the south that much?

Originally posted by chingon

So i have decided to do my paper on Illegal Immigrant rights for my ethics paper...

so far i have some things to write about in my paper... it has to be 15 pages long... see if you can add to the list... to help a fellow head out...

1. Xenophobia

2. Working Conditions

3. Fair Treatment

4. Fair Wages

any additional ideas would be greatly appreciated... thank you...

This is some politically-correct garbage.

No one wants to look at the broader picture when it comes to the effects illegal immigration. Too concerned with minor shit like working conditions and if they can speak the language.

The broader picture is that illegal immigration is a cancer, and America wants to be blind to it. They're concerned with their greedy short-term goals of having people to work for low wages so these companies can have far less expenses and as a result churn out far more profit. And pro illegal-immigrationists claim that they are taking jobs "that nobody wants"... how do you know this? They may be jobs that you or I don't want, but there are plenty of extremely poor US citizens that need work.

They don't want to see how they saturate and take advantage of the welfare program, overcrowd the schools, and overall are basically an economical burden. And they pay absolutely no taxes and aren't really contributing to the social and econimical integrity of this nation in any way. Sure, they help these corporations out in the short term. But try looking at the broad picture.

You're complaining about "fair treatment" when America is probably the most lenient on illegal immigrants in the world. Look what KaBar said about what happens if you overstay in Mexico for an extra day. In America they're knowingly and willingly letting MILLIONS of illegals live here.

Personally I don't blame the illegal immigrants. If I was born in Mexico and the richest economy in the world was just on the other side of the border I would probably sneak over here too. But I do blame these American corporations and the American government (who mutually support each other) for knowingly turning a blind eye and not actually cracking down. If they maintained a highly-funded, sustained campaign to enforce deportations, strict penalties, large adequate border patrol manpower, and no social benefits for illegals; it would succeed. But now personally I feel it's too late. Too many have crossed over the past 30 years or so and have changed the demographics dramatically (in southwest states). Eventually the illegals and the children of these illegals will become the majority of these states, and since you need the power of the population to support a sustained campaign against illegal immigration, you probably wouldn't get it.

Oh yeah, and when people can't refute my claims they'll more than likely try to pull the race card -- well I'm a minority who hangs out with Hispanics. But the truth is the truth. I'm not going to turn a blind eye to that bullshit.

Re: Re: Illegal Immigrant Rights...

Originally posted by TheoHuxtable

there are plenty of extremely poor US citizens that need work.

Shut up........we sell crack, jack fools and steal cars, fuck manual labor, usa wasn't created by it's "citizens" it was built from the ground up by slaves and exploited human beings.

Archived