I'll show you where daddy keeps his gun

Media OEC

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Originally posted by amish son

exactly what he said... get some letter style.

im tired of all this cute fluffy shit...

slow you roll killer, just cuz you dont like it,dont mean it aint dope. Those letters are tight regardless if you like the style. The shit was painted well and turned out nice. Graffiti has always had regional styes, and then the internet and magazines and such kinda fucked that up for better or for worse. Its kinda nice to see the left coast start having some people adopt a particular style, even if they did get it from some old NY shit, they certianly have started funkin it up. Hell, if you think of it that way, NOTHING is original, everything has evolved from what a few kids in NY did way before anybody else thought about it.

i definately agree....some fuck type styles i dont like, by i def give credit where its due, and that swek piece..yes i do like it. the shit burns. plain and simple. and nace well he will always burn. rip;)

Dont get me wrong.

we're ALL working around ONE media. Spraypainted letters wherever they are painted. But when there are 230 names with the same exact style the only thing that sets them apart is the actual letters.

Yes, eastcoast DOES have a particular style for the most part. So does the west coast and so on. Of course we all borrow things such as 3d's-oras-highlights-arrows- whatever have you. But pushing all those elements that make graffiti letters is what is all about...There's nothing wrong with doing an arrow, but damn when I see the exact same arrow Grey does, the exact same style of highlights, the same style of seriffs on the letters, then HELL what the fuck is so dope...the name? cuz that's basically what's left.

I'm not really hating on the guy personally, the shit don't look bad...However, TO ME...I repeat, to ME the shit is recycled graff I see everrryyyyyyyy fucking day (specially on fr8s).

Id like fresh air here and there. I looked at that flick and I saw a shitload of graff stupid kids just nut over...Leave it for who started it and give them their props...lets not just completely recycle graff.

hey man instead of replyin to your fuck ups, just click the edit button...and save changes

place image url between this [ IMG ] [ /IMG ] *no spcaes though*

and if your using fotango you have to creat a link for every picture you wanna post

Abstract - I see your point about the grey bite. Shit that dudes done fell in the amazon and got hit by a school of pirahna. I guess that makes him sort of an icon, and I agree with what sigh said about biting being part of the game, like it or not. Yeah I think everbody prefers to see people "nibble" and take small ideas and flip them in new ways. Some people would probably say that that is all grey did in the first place, but he definately did it the right way, and that makes his shit dope to ME.

I was really refering to Amish, thats why I quoted him. I've met the kid personally a few times and know some of his story. He most likely just got a little carried away with himself sitting behind the computer and attempting to connect with like minded people, which is all good in my book, but hating is a waste of time for everybody, especially when its just out of ignorance. I was pretty much just givin him a little "newbie check". Critiques, in my opinion, only have any merit when they come out of experience. And through my experience, short as it may be compared to some, I've learned that in the end, its all about having fun and doing something you love to do, and that's all that matters.

I really hope grey doesnt read this shit (sound like he doesnt need his head inflated any more). I only used specific names in this post because of the obvious influence and relationships.

Archived