if your state has a gay-rights issue on the ballot

seeking

i will personally drive to your city and punch you in the fucking throat with a spiked baseball bat.

i think this shit might be my 'new' cause for '05. ending racism has proven to be a bit of a pain in the ass. there are just so many variables and honestly, quite a bit of self defeatism on the part of the minorities themselves. that's getting to be a bit tiring. thankfully, gay's don't really suffer from such pitfalls. they're a pretty healthy, happy group of folks (no pun intended.) all they want is to not be hated on...i can handle that. and infact, i can take it a step further. as much as i've opposed GTA, on the low, that shit has me kind of amped up on starting a gang war...who better to shoot dead in the street than some homophobic pieces of shit? only group i can think of would be bush supporters...oh wait...same fuckng assholes! WIN/WIN!!

when you go out to vote today, don't think only of your views, think of your safety as well, cause if shit gets left up to me 'gay bash' is gonna take on a whole new sense of empowerment.

thats all.

seeks/if i was president, ass-raping anyone with a W sticker would become an olympic event.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest diggity

this gay rights shit shouldnt even be question, seeking i'm very disappointed in you, kick ass states like alaska are really trying to break some new ground...

Alaska | Measure 2: Legalizing Marijuana

Would legalize the cultivation, use and sale of marijuana for persons 21 and older; the state and local government would regulate marijuana like alcohol and tobacco; doctors would be able to prescribe drugs to all patients, including children; public use laws could be enacted by the government as well as laws in the interest of public safety.

Originally posted by diggity@Nov 2 2004, 04:07 PM

this gay rights shit shouldnt even be question, seeking i'm very disappointed in you, kick ass states like alaska are really trying to break some new ground...

Alaska | Measure 2: Legalizing Marijuana

Would legalize the cultivation, use and sale of marijuana for persons 21 and older; the state and local government would regulate marijuana like alcohol and tobacco; doctors would be able to prescribe drugs to all patients, including children; public use laws could be enacted by the government as well as laws in the interest of public safety.

here in nevada that was on our ballot on the last round of elections. of course since its a overall a very conservative state, it of course did not pass, much to many stoners dismay

No gay measures on the ballot here. I seriously doubt they would pass if there were, though. Alaska had legalized marijuana back in the early '70s, but it attracted a zillion stoners, who all moved to Alaska for the legal pot, which upset the locals, so they made it illegal again until all the wackos went home.

If it passes, it might not cause such a problem this time.

Originally posted by dowmagik+Nov 2 2004, 09:16 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (dowmagik - Nov 2 2004, 09:16 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>measure 36 is currently at 53%, passing. disgusting...

[/b]

<!--QuoteBegin-dowmagik@Nov 2 2004, 09:16 PM

measure 36 is currently at 53%, passing. disgusting...

Ugh... And measure 33 didn't pass, that would have helped out medical marijuana.

Seeking, looks like we lost... Gay marriage got banned in every single state it had a measure on the ballot for, atleast according to my newspaper.

What a bunch of conservative Christian douche bags.

yes, i'm aware.

i was up late last night pounding nails through the end of of a louisville slugger.

someone's catching a bad one in the name of equality.

pretty funny when you think about it.

i'm going to make a point of spending the next 4 years destroying every shred of morality and 'christiandom' i can get my hands on. fucking burning mangers and shit... fuck christ, fuck white people, fuck black people, from now on, no one exists but me, green day, hot emo girls that aren't cliche and annoying, SERF, and homosexuals. everyone else is dead to me.

ok, i was just kidding about the hot emo girls that aren't cliche part...i made that one up. but really, etch is about to make a comeback in the '05, f'real.

The only reason I can perceive that the conservative right wing would oppose gay marriage is that they see it as another step forward in a widespread overall plan to errode national morality. I think they see "civil unions" as an incremental step, and therefore oppose civil unions too. In my opinion, it is impossible to legislate morality, and is a waste of time to try. Like I have said before, I think the real issue (outside of prejudice against gays and lesbians in general) is insurance and health benefits for unemployed domestic partners of employed gay people. If gay marriage became law, the insurance companies would be required to cover their spouses and families, just like they are required to cover straight married people. This would be a huge potential liability for insurance companies because of the HIV infection rate among gay men.

But the common issue isn't money or insurance. The common issue is prejudice against gay people and their lifestyle. The gay marriage issues on 11 state ballots became a referendum on the purported "immorality" of homosexuality. The Christian right voted to ban gay marriage and to define marriage solely as between one man and one woman. Although nobody has talked about it much, this also affects the estimated 75,000 POLYGAMOUS marriages in west and southwestern states, as well as the millions of gay citizens.

Promoting fidelity and monogamy among gays is a good idea, and if it takes a marriage license to do it, so what? The anti-gay-marriage people are being self-righteous idiots.