Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

If you stay ready, you ain't got to get ready.

Discussion in 'News' started by En Sabah Nur, Jun 22, 2006.

1. En Sabah Nur

En Sabah Nur Elite Member

disclaimer: allow a nice environment of psychosis to run amok in this thread.

i'm about ready for the revolution to get sparked. nola knows. i don't know if i'm gonna be at the forefront or anything like that, but i wanna be prepared if it happens, because i'm pissed off and paranoid and kinda crazy.

i've stocked up on a few other supplies and tools... i'd like to get started working on a solar water still and perhaps plant some indigenous food-bearing plants at my grandparents' farm in case i need to retreat to there. and i'd like to get some of my friends on board and prepped.

i'm thinking about getting a gun, if only because it seems like something that will retain its value if the economy collapses (google "iran oil bourse"). what kind should i get? i originally had just planned to get a rifle or shotgun, but i think maybe i should get a handgun (colt 45? sig? glock?) and/or an AK-47 for reliability. plus, in my state you can have a gun without it being registered or anything.

and these things are pretty cool:
    http://search.ebay.com/search/search.dll?satitle=flashlight+shake

i think i've been listening to the coup too much.

2. angelofdeath

angelofdeath Elite Member

there is a survival thread on this forum... do a search, it might help you.
    you want 3 guns. (atleast) you want some sort of 'assault' rifle. cheapest, most reliable is an ak 47. actually scratch that, an sks. you can get one for 100 bones. ammo is plentiful. cheap. personally i hate sks's but, they are cheap. and you can get 3 or 4 for the price of one ak 47 usually. second would be an ak, then an ar15 but your gonna be paying alot more. but then again, you can usually get an ar15, that shoots sub moa right off the shelf. where as an sks you'd be lucky to get a 3 inch group at 25 yards.
    then your gonna need some sort of short shotgun. 18" if you want to be legal. mossberg 500, 590, or remington 870's are your best bet. you can either of them used for 200-300$. of course 12 guage, 00 or 000 buckshot for self defense.
    if you plan on hunting, you'd probably want some sort of bolt action rifle. 30-06 or .308 will cover all bases. be sure to stick with 'nato' calibers if you are worried about having ammo. best bet is a remington 700. mine is all tricked out with the army sniper leupie scope. the scope cost more than most of my friends' complete arsenals.

3. serum

serum Elite Member

and don't forget the full dvd collection of Friends!

4. !@#$%

[email protected]#$% Moderator Crew

plus an extra arm so you can shoot all three at once!

5. Flavicon

Flavicon Senior Member

:haha: :haha:

6. Inhalant

Inhalant Senior Member

7. joe169

joe169 New Jack

8. shai

shai Dirty Dozen Crew

This would normally be the point where Kabar jumps in.

You have a point, but things are going to have to get a lot worse before there's a revolution. Most Americans seem to be pretty complacent and willing to accept bad leadership instead of having to take responsibility for the mess they helped create.

I'm somewhat prepared for this, but I should be doing a lot more. Hopefully, I won't live to regret this fact.

9. the.crooked

the.crooked Veteran Member

^^took the words out of my mouth.

last line indeed.

10. Smart

Smart Dirty Dozen Crew

I'm counting on the amazingly large number of stupid people who own guns to supply my weapons upon the occurence of any mass clusterfuck...