if you skateboard

seven six two

one thing i forgot to mention (sorry), check out http://www.geocities.com/patrick_jilbert/consol.html

http://www.geocities.com/patrick_jilbert/consolidatedseries.jpg'>

consolidated is doing my artwork for 3 pro graphics. i know modesty is the best policy, but i was just excited about it and thought i'd share. now you can go to skateshops and say 'ee that's my dogg up there'. or not, but i suppose you could pretend.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

yeah, personally i got sick of seeing the same old urban hop hop-ish influenced 'turntable' subjects you mentioned.

and as for suburbian - i have tried to write before. you'd laugh your ass off if you saw what i have tried though. laughing because it sucks. this is channel zero and i just thought i'd share. it's not like this is the main graf forum. glad the drawings at least made you laugh - patrick

dude, those are fresh as fuck. i wish i could get one just to put on the wall. i love the fact that the drawings arent 'technicly good' but their still fresh as all get out. id much rather see stuff like that, stuff with a sense of heart and heart, than some bullshit cartoon guy or some bboy bullshit.

Skateboard Graphics..

Congrats... those graphic remind me of the old ALien Workshop notebook series from the early 90s. Consolidated's house artist is great. Check out the latest Clint Peterson model with the disected dove. Whoa, daddy! Other great skate artists (besides Mr. Giant One) are Jeremy Fish of Think and Marc McKee, creator of Flameboy, for World and Blind. Katch One does some sick shit for Natural Koncept outta Hawaii - one of the few companies in the current skate industry that uses graffiti fonts and imagery.

Alien Workshop artist at: www.elephont.com

Skate graphic archive at: www.skateboardgraphics.com thanks to Marc

The artist for Anti-Hero is also fantastic. www.dlxsf.com

What skateboard company do YOU think hasve the best graphics?

Originally posted by tow up from tha flow up !

uh, a sense of heart? yeah maybe if it was taken from a 3rd grader's nightmare journal.

no offense buddy, i'm sure you mean well, but how about using some shading or something? a little dimension in the mix never hurt anybody..

:confused: But isn't that what art is all about ?? There's no rules...

yeah, art is about no rules. maybe i don't feel like learning how to be a 'good' artist and going to art school and learning everything everyone else has been taught 9999 times before. my art might not be good to you, but i'm just glad nobody helped me with anything i did (as i'm sure you can see).

Originally posted by seven six two

yeah, art is about no rules. maybe i don't feel like learning how to be a 'good' artist and going to art school and learning everything everyone else has been taught 9999 times before. my art might not be good to you, but i'm just glad nobody helped me with anything i did (as i'm sure you can see).

Amen.....;)

Guest imported_Tesseract

I really like the torn paper idea.The sketches would seem naive otherwise.Nice job.

The best board i ever had had jesus on a purple background underneath...i simply loved railslides and i always had to deal with stupid old ladys in buses....it was fun

i looked through some skate magazines one day and websites and got together about 20 different companies' e-mail addresses. i sent them a link to my site and said 'hey, if you have time, check out my drawing site. i draw people in wheelchairs, gasmasks, etc..'. something like that. beer city responded first and basically told me 'hey we dont need graphics guys, but we have you on file', which means 'no, go away and don't bother us anymore'. a few weeks later consolidated responded and todd, the graphics guy (who was super nice), said that he liked my stuff and possibly wantd to use it. etc etc. it just pretty much went from there. i did some extra fonts and he did the rest (which didnt take much). the end.

Guest imported_SecretAgentX9

good stuff man.

i am hoping to be able to rock some deck stuff soon.

that would be fun, as well as a good portfolio piece.

yeah, it is fun. just keep mailing companies and don't give up. that's about the best advice i can give. just have some fun with it too. the little things i had to do weren't hard at all. usually there isn't a ton of work involved. as long as you're willing to do whatever to help out, you'll definitely find a good place. good luck.

Archived