if things were different

casekonly

ok, so i decided to start an imagination type thread...i pose this question to all: what if you had never started writing, where would you be and how would things be different?

my answer:

i first started writing at 13/14, saw it on some local building in the college town i lived in and it went from there.

if i hadn't been caught up in writing, i would have continued skating for another two years, probably not have partied like it was the end of the world every night, never touched a blunt, probably would have never had the opportunity to snort blow off of a naked chicks ass (rockstar oner) and i probably would have had a considerably "normal" life.

before graffiti, i wouldn't have walked in "the hood" alone, taken inner-city adventures, met a ton of great artists, made a ton of good friends...there's so much that i can't imagine...for all the close calls with cops, falling, arrests, etc... i don't think i'd give it away for anything.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

forgot something:

i would have probably kept about 5 jobs that i quit when i was younger...i quit them for graff....just to go bombing or whatever....a couple paid very well...

i guess i'd be the same nerd i am now, but without all the cool experiences and good friends....oh, and baldness. i wonder if that had something to do w/ xylene?

Guest WebsterUno

*believe*

i think about this all the time.

i usually come to the conclusion

that it was inevitable that i got

into graff. i was born and raised

in the hood, just like graff.

ive been drawing since i was 5.

when i was in middle school,

i use to draw the art that was

on the backs of skateboards.

i used to say i was going to draw

for skate companies...lol.

my favorite drawing was the

santa cruz screaming hand.

i think i would be doing the same

thing im doing now without the

graff artist background.

idunno

i find the decisions i come to regret are the times that i didn't tell someone how i felt or didn't say what was on my mind. Which, in turn, makes me look unattached or like i don't care.

just thought i'd throw that out there....

if things were different...

i probably would've done more drugs, been more easily persuaded by my so-called friends to do what they wanted me to do for their selfish purposes...

i would've had 2 kids by now from a man that i loved and hated to death...which probably meant that i would've dropped out of high school in my senior year...

all in all, i probably would've been more of a miserable wreck.

Originally posted by effyoo

i find the decisions i come to regret are the times that i didn't tell someone how i felt or didn't say what was on my mind. Which, in turn, makes me look unattached or like i don't care.

just thought i'd throw that out there....

i hear ya. i don't regret ever starting to write. most of my regrets are in the love department. not saying...blah blah blah.

steve: yes, that was the main goal of my thread. psychological games are the new underoo's.

dlush: aren't you supposed to be helping out little starving omar by showing your breasts? seriously. no, i mean it. j/k i agree...but, since the new discovery of all the writers/former writers/etc. on channel 0, i thought i'd pose an interesting question.

webster: so did i...pushead was my all time favorite. is he still around?

vanity: your mom.

Originally posted by slave_one

if things were different...

i probably would've done more drugs, been more easily persuaded by my so-called friends to do what they wanted me to do for their selfish purposes...

i would've had 2 kids by now from a man that i loved and hated to death...which probably meant that i would've dropped out of high school in my senior year...

all in all, i probably would've been more of a miserable wreck.

whoa! last night graffiti saved my life. you're so happy now...i mean, from the conversations i've had with you via irc or email. how cool that a sub culture kinda saved you from some stuff.

Originally posted by casekonly

dlush: aren't you supposed to be helping out little starving omar by showing your breasts? seriously. no, i mean it. j/k i agree...but, since the new discovery of all the writers/former writers/etc. on channel 0, i thought i'd pose an interesting question.

::sticking tongue out::

::punching you in the arm, hard::

the decision to take more interest in graffiti has been the best decision of my life. if i hadnt, i wouldnt have many friends (esp those who live in different countries), i wouldnt have many connections, i would have just gotten interest in something else and not be fully satisfied, and i wouldnt be even more creative if i hadnt taken interest in graffiti.

edit. i also wouldnt have taken so many chances in life. and i wouldnt be so motivated.

Yea the what if's in life. If i hadnt gotten into graffiti i would be gangbangin' no joke, i have 3 gang tattoos on me, one on my finger i see everyday. It's interesting how it saved me, ive painted in other country's in other states, im nowhere near being up, i enjoy the thrill of it, the fact that i can do this, the fact that i indeed do do this, it's strange, fuck the fame live the glory.

But my what if's have to do like someone said in the love department, but i see it as life. Another one is what if so and so didnt live so far away, id be all up on that in a heartbeat and such. oh the life and times of mr. 181.

God save us all.

Originally posted by Devilush

::sticking tongue out::

::punching you in the arm, hard::

the decision to take more interest in graffiti has been the best decision of my life. if i hadnt, i wouldnt have many friends (esp those who live in different countries), i wouldnt have many connections, i would have just gotten interest in something else and not be fully satisfied, and i wouldnt be even more creative if i hadnt taken interest in graffiti.

edit. i also wouldnt have taken so many chances in life. and i wouldnt be so motivated.

gotcha. will cease to tease you about omar. poor, starving, omar.

oh, wow! the creativity...the friends...it's all like our own little hollywood, but the "famous" are a little more accessible, right? there's nothing quite like a community of writers. i've noticed something, though. writers gossip like old black women. does anyone else notice that? i mean, no offense to the old black ladies that are 12oz members, but it's true.

so, to end this on a better note:

is it yellow that symbolizes friendship??? eh, no matter...here are your e-flowers d-lush....they're from omar and i.

http://www.blumen.com/orange%20bouquet%202%20new.jpg'>

I highly doubt I'd be some goody goody. I never was.

I'd have different friends, different lifestyle. I was also introduced to a lot of music I now listen to and love by other writers.

I was always artistic. I'd probably be painting people or objects (I won drawing contests as a kid) instead of letters...

I can’t start on this thread. Graffiti has played a big role in fucking up my life big time. But still, I can’t even imagine myself not having picked it up. What’s with all the graffiti talk in Channel Zero lately? And my “graffiti that isn’t ‘graffiti’” thread only made it to page 2 or something.

Also, what the fuck would I be doodling in my notes at school?

Oh, definitely writers like to gossip. A lot of the ones I used to chill with, anyway. If I wanted to be involved in gossip or politics, I’d have written for the gossip column for the free community newspaper, or joined the Liberal party.

Guest WebsterUno

*believe*

yes!! ^^^ gnarly!!!

im gonna draw something

similar to the stuff i drew back then.

i want to see what i ca come up with.

sooki got something that shows

what kind of stuff i used to draw.

dlush should have gotten one too.

its sucks your pack didnt make it.

that thing was loaded with goodies.

i would send another one, but

what if it doesnt get to you?

:(

Re: *believe*

Originally posted by WebsterUno

dlush should have gotten one too.

its sucks your pack didnt make it.

that thing was loaded with goodies.

i would send another one, but

what if it doesnt get to you?

:(

i am still extremely pissed about that one. if you send me another pack, i will give you my work address.

if i hadn't started writing? one of 2 things would have happened:

1. i would have kept skating hard and would now be a pro skater with a few mill in the bank travelling the world

2. i would have kept going hard at the drugs and i'd be dead now

Archived