Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

if things were different

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by casekonly, May 20, 2004.

1. casekonly

casekonly Veteran Member

ok, so i decided to start an imagination type thread...i pose this question to all: what if you had never started writing, where would you be and how would things be different?

my answer:

i first started writing at 13/14, saw it on some local building in the college town i lived in and it went from there.

if i hadn't been caught up in writing, i would have continued skating for another two years, probably not have partied like it was the end of the world every night, never touched a blunt, probably would have never had the opportunity to snort blow off of a naked chicks ass (rockstar oner) and i probably would have had a considerably "normal" life.

before graffiti, i wouldn't have walked in "the hood" alone, taken inner-city adventures, met a ton of great artists, made a ton of good friends...there's so much that i can't imagine...for all the close calls with cops, falling, arrests, etc... i don't think i'd give it away for anything.

2. casekonly

casekonly Veteran Member

forgot something:

i would have probably kept about 5 jobs that i quit when i was younger...i quit them for graff....just to go bombing or whatever....a couple paid very well...

i guess i'd be the same nerd i am now, but without all the cool experiences and good friends....oh, and baldness. i wonder if that had something to do w/ xylene?

3. SteveAustin

SteveAustin Veteran Member

if things were different...I probably wouldn't have clicked on this thread and lost those preciouse few minutes of my life.

:lol:
    just givin ya shit casek
    I don't play the what if game. that shit'll fuck with your head.

4. EyeforAnEYE

EyeforAnEYE Elite Member

I think the graffiti threads are exhausted now. But if I never wrote maybe I'd have a real life.

5. Devilush

Devilush 12oz Legend

how about "if things were different had i made this decision...."

instead of making a thread about writing, a thread about major life decisions? i dunno. i'm tired. :(

6. WebsterUno

WebsterUno Guest

*believe*

i think about this all the time.
    i usually come to the conclusion
    that it was inevitable that i got
    into graff. i was born and raised
    in the hood, just like graff.
    ive been drawing since i was 5.
    when i was in middle school,
    i use to draw the art that was
    on the backs of skateboards.
    i used to say i was going to draw
    for skate companies...lol.
    my favorite drawing was the
    santa cruz screaming hand.

i think i would be doing the same
    thing im doing now without the
    graff artist background.

idunno

7. Vanity

Vanity Veteran Member

8. effyoo

effyoo Elite Member

i find the decisions i come to regret are the times that i didn't tell someone how i felt or didn't say what was on my mind. Which, in turn, makes me look unattached or like i don't care.

just thought i'd throw that out there....

9. slave_one

slave_one Elite Member

if things were different...

i probably would've done more drugs, been more easily persuaded by my so-called friends to do what they wanted me to do for their selfish purposes...

i would've had 2 kids by now from a man that i loved and hated to death...which probably meant that i would've dropped out of high school in my senior year...

all in all, i probably would've been more of a miserable wreck.

10. casekonly

casekonly Veteran Member

i hear ya. i don't regret ever starting to write. most of my regrets are in the love department. not saying...blah blah blah.

steve: yes, that was the main goal of my thread. psychological games are the new underoo's.

dlush: aren't you supposed to be helping out little starving omar by showing your breasts? seriously. no, i mean it. j/k i agree...but, since the new discovery of all the writers/former writers/etc. on channel 0, i thought i'd pose an interesting question.

webster: so did i...pushead was my all time favorite. is he still around?

vanity: your mom.

11. casekonly

casekonly Veteran Member

whoa! last night graffiti saved my life. you're so happy now...i mean, from the conversations i've had with you via irc or email. how cool that a sub culture kinda saved you from some stuff.

12. Devilush

Devilush 12oz Legend

::sticking tongue out::

::punching you in the arm, hard::

the decision to take more interest in graffiti has been the best decision of my life. if i hadnt, i wouldnt have many friends (esp those who live in different countries), i wouldnt have many connections, i would have just gotten interest in something else and not be fully satisfied, and i wouldnt be even more creative if i hadnt taken interest in graffiti.

edit. i also wouldnt have taken so many chances in life. and i wouldnt be so motivated.

13. EyeforAnEYE

EyeforAnEYE Elite Member

I do believe pushead is still around doing stuff. One of my all time favortie artists as well. All the misfits stuff he did was superb, he also did the cover of the In My Eyes album. Good stuff.

14. oneeightyone

oneeightyone Senior Member

Yea the what if's in life. If i hadnt gotten into graffiti i would be gangbangin' no joke, i have 3 gang tattoos on me, one on my finger i see everyday. It's interesting how it saved me, ive painted in other country's in other states, im nowhere near being up, i enjoy the thrill of it, the fact that i can do this, the fact that i indeed do do this, it's strange, fuck the fame live the glory.

But my what if's have to do like someone said in the love department, but i see it as life. Another one is what if so and so didnt live so far away, id be all up on that in a heartbeat and such. oh the life and times of mr. 181.

God save us all.

15. casekonly

casekonly Veteran Member

gotcha. will cease to tease you about omar. poor, starving, omar.

oh, wow! the creativity...the friends...it's all like our own little hollywood, but the "famous" are a little more accessible, right? there's nothing quite like a community of writers. i've noticed something, though. writers gossip like old black women. does anyone else notice that? i mean, no offense to the old black ladies that are 12oz members, but it's true.

so, to end this on a better note:

is it yellow that symbolizes friendship??? eh, no matter...here are your e-flowers d-lush....they're from omar and i.
    [​IMG]