ICHABOD Replica Model

mellowmike

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Originally posted by Hermdog@Apr 12 2005, 01:45 PM

Damn good replica there buddy...if you ever need photos of other freights, give me a shout

Damn... you're the MAN, Hermdog!

Okay.... let's see how good you really are then. I need this one:

MP_FullGraf.jpg

It's like the sister car to the one I did a while back. I shot this as it was moving, from a distance, and into the glaring Sun. Plus the pole was in the way as well. lightened it up as best I could... but I need closer, detailed pics of it in order to do it as a model.

MM

Originally posted by seeking@Apr 14 2005, 07:04 AM

jesus, that's bananas.

what are you painting them with?

Well... I paint the railroad colors on the model... and put the RR decals on... and weather up (i.e. dirty them up) with art supplies. But the graffiti itself is just taking crisp photographic images of the real thing and shrinking them - then specially printing them onto decal paper.

So... I am not hand painting miniature versions of the graffiti.

Sometimes I have to touch it up by hand.

Notice above that my decal doesn't have the bright colors and the deep yellow of the original. I may have to do that with some yellow paint and a small brush.

after i posted that i checked out your site and learned how you did them. even if your not actually painting the graff, still, the detail you put on the cars themselves is insane. they look really good.

i passed along the photo to ich. i'm sure he'll get a kick out of it.

• 1 month later...

Hey, thanks, Leader!

I can now tell more about the car type.

I thought the car was an MP (Missouri Pacific)... but now I see a third letter. I'm guessing it's an MRL now. Because of the BN in the data lettering below it. Same dysfunctional family. Hee hee.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...