*ICE; In Car Entertainment: And The Quest to End My Trunks Rattle Disease*

Daze One Million

maybe one of you guys can help me, i got 2 12's powered by a rockford 900watt amp in my trunk, my trunk rattles so god damn much its not funny, standing outside the car all you hear is the trunk rattling rather than the base its self, what is the best way to deaden this shit, expanding foam, dynamat, foam strips???

any suggestions would be great, when you gotta know something :cool:

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Tighten screws and bolts.

Maybe replace the latch that holds your trunk down.

What kind of car is it?

I'm planning on installing a dash dvd player with a screen and two screens in the seats for the back to watch. That's going to be quite the hole in the pocket.. but I think it's worth it.

what exactly is rattling? the tail gate of your truck? licence plate? the whole body?

what kind of box do you have your 12's in?

you can stop the rattling of your licence plate by putting duck tape or whatever that powerful tape is behind it so ive heard...

maybe you could switch up the box you have your speakers in? or try stuffing them with poly fill perhaps?

Originally posted by iloveboxcars

I'm planning on installing a dash dvd player with a screen and two screens in the seats for the back to watch. That's going to be quite the hole in the pocket.. but I think it's worth it.

how many, "look how bling i am!" points do you recieve for that. i'd say 5 at least.

Originally posted by Daze One Million

its a bandpass box, and its just the trunk lid its self that rattles, no bumper no license plate, its a 99' neon, if i put pressure on the top, like sit on it, the rattling stops

bandpass is the enclosed boxes correct?

hmmm, well i assume you could try some dynomat crap on your trunk lid, but from the looks of that stuff, it seems pretty hard to do, unless you buy it in those sheets (which i think is like $20 bucks for a pack and it only covers like a square foot or some bullshit)

but besides all that, the rattling is in some ways a good sign, it means that your system hits hard and is "wildin' out" in your trunk. :lol: haha.

my shit def bangs, bandpass are the enclosed speakers with the air holes...loudest of all the boxes :)

but i think ima try fuckin with the trunk balancer things see if maybe i can make the bigger than they should be putting pressure on the trunk thus disabaling the rattle

http://www.4autovations.com/images/cars/neon/randyneon044.jpg'>

^not my car, but i bet some of you were like "oh my god hell no" hahaha

yes, i was one of those people.

dont get one of those "fin" thingies, or whatever the hip term to call them is. that stuff looks wack.

pay a fat chick to sit on th trunk while you drive before buying one of those god awful things.

not when your a manly man

but nah, i got it for 1600 bucks....i needed a car for school and work

and 1600 for a 99 aint bad so i took the deal, trust me i dont want this car....but in all due time i will have me my 99 eclipse gst......oh yea

yeah, i'm not really into cars. i just always thought that was a chicks whip, and since you seem to be into cars i thought you'd have somethin else.... more like an eclipse. haha.

i have a '02 mazda 626 waitin for me back in new york. i like it, but like i said, i aint a car guy.

its a bandpass box, and its just the trunk lid its self that rattles, no bumper no license plate, its a 99' neon, if i put pressure on the top, like sit on it, the rattling stops

my friends girl just bought an older neon with a system (1995?)

and was having the same problem

what i did was pull the carpet out of the trunk and line it with dynamat

then put the carpet back over

then i replaced the rubber trunk weather seal

with a seal that was slightly bigger

i bought the seal at the local upholstery shop

honestly the dynamat wasnt too important but she wanted it

the weather seal is where its at and will only run you about 10 bucks

just have to shut the trunk a bit harder afterwards

my boy had an older 626, he got rear ended and now i call it his 313 but yea i hope to have my *real* car by the summer if im lucky, otherwise no later than next year...i gotta get some damn credit first...no credit is worse than bad credit i sweart to god

kinda sucks i made a down payment on a new whip a year before i moved. so now i'm, just payin the monthly payment and i dont even see the thing. i know i'll get back to it eventually, but it sucks.

plus, i kinda like that new mazda hatchback thingy. thing looks pretty fresh.

my boy had an older 626, he got rear ended and now i call it his 313

i owned a 88' 626 a while back

it was a fuckin great car

4cyl 5 speed, great on gas and decent pickup

my friends dubbed it the 666

because it would never die

Originally posted by J.HollaBack

what exactly is rattling? the tail gate of your truck? licence plate? the whole body?

what kind of box do you have your 12's in?

maybe you could switch up the box you have your speakers in? or try stuffing them with poly fill perhaps?

you douche.

stop rambling useless dribble

your talking about just the part that goes around the edge of the trunk right....just get a thicker seal?

yea the rubber deal that keeps water from leaking into your trunk

take that off and go to a car upholstery shop

tell them you want something thicker

then put the new thicker seal in

thus putting pressure on the trunk lid

no more rattle

im not sure about the 99'

but my friends girl didnt have a glue in seal

and even if yours does

i dont think its really necessary to put a glue in seal back in

basically the new seal you get will just push onto

the pinch molding under your old seal

and if you cant push it on by hand you can tap it on with a hammer

Originally posted by iquit

how many, "look how bling i am!" points do you recieve for that. i'd say 5 at least.

It isn't for show, I'm going to make sure there is a way to cover up the screens and the dvd player so that you can't tell from the outside.

Plus you wouldn't expect this in the car I have.