ibook

shovel

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

you wont be dissapointed. i also think it's the best thing i've ever purchased.

as for which to buy, i had the 12" when they first came out, it was stolen, so i got the 14" the week those came out...had it for 3 years, then after finally killing it, i decided to go with a 12" again. i was worried that it might be too small, but honestly, it almost seems big at times. if you want portability, definitely don't overlook the 12". even for graphic design stuff...unless it's your life, the 12" is fine for it. if you want a dvd burner, you'll have to go 14" though.

as for the student discount, no, they don't check at all. you just pick a school and you're good to go. on the ibook you'll only save 50 or 100, but that's decent for the click of a button. you'll need more memory, since what it comes with is not enough. i suggest crucial ram (or something like that, google it) i got a gb stick for about $120 i think. apple will want to charge you almost $500.

where's mams at to laugh at me for once again crusading for the ibook.

Yeh the ibook is awesome, i bought on eabout a year and a half ago now, however, that one broke because the logic board failed, but don't let that put you off, i should have bought apple care, cos when it broke i was out of warranty. So, i bought a new one about a month ago, i need to go pick it up though, but the new ones seem cool, because they've got OSX Tiger on them, built in wireless internet, bluetooth, and those widgets things seem cool. I got the 12" last time and this time, i would deffo go with the 12" model, there cool.

If you want it awesome for not much more, put in double RAM (i think its 1gb) and double harddrive (thats 80 gb on the 12") - thats what i did, its only $200 more, but it'll make it so much faster and better.

Oh and if you do buy one, be sure to get apple care now, i know £249 might seem a lot for innsurance, but seriously, i didn't get it and my logic board broke, and the repair for that cost like $860, so i just got a new one with loadsa upgrades instead.

Get it.

They're pretty dope.

Get the widescreen. My friend has it, and I'm on it all the time.

A little bit of a computer nerd so.... I've used Windows, Linux, and Apple. The apple OS seems to run the smoothest due to it's RISC architecture. Blah blah blah. Basically everything is run in real time which allows for the fuckin' badass graphic effects that apple seems to effortlessly turn out like bitches at a frat party. Also, Apples have a feature that allows you to scroll by just using two fingers on the little touchpad. Definitely my favorite feature because on my other comps I waste a lot of time moving my hand around the keyboard or goin' over to the scroll bar to do anything.

Also:

Bluetooth

Built in mic

Both great features. Especially if your phone has bluetooth. Free ringtones and backgrounds and the like.

-Fuse.

honestly, besides a couple ports on the 15" and 17", there is no major difference other than a silver case and a $1000.

for anyone that has an ibook and thinks you can't run it split screen with an external monitor, there's a hack that lets you do it. ive been running it since the day i got my new one. shit is sweet. that's all.

oh, and you can buy apple care anytime within the first year of your computer. with the student discount it's only like $180 i think. totally worth it. if anything ever breaks it just paid for itself.

^ and what programs would those be, if you don't mind me asking. i'm in the same situation as you, and have been looking at this:

Asus W1N:

34-220-056-12.JPG

even though i want a powerbook beyond belief, it's not gonna be practical for me

edit: just a side note: if you like how apple powerbooks look, Asus is a good company to look at b/c they're actually the ones who designed and manufactured the powerbook's case for apple.

pc's are just so fucking clunky looking. most of them just always look so cheap and shitty and they have fans tht sound like prop airplanes. some of the vaio's are dope, but they're stupid expensive.

i'm not a total pc hater or anything either, i know you can get a quality pc for cheaper than a mac, but with all the extra shit and headaches you have to go through to maintain it, it just doesnt seem worth it to me. i'll gladly pay an extra hundred or two in order to never have a driver error ever in my life.