I woke up early today...

fermentor666

I've been working 2nd shift for the past few years now, coupled with my enjoyment of the night, this means I go to bed around 4 or 5 AM, sometimes later, and wake up around 2 or 3 PM. Now, I've quit work and I'm going to school where I have to be up bright and early for classes, so I am starting the adjustment phase of my sleep scheduale. Today, I woke up at 12:30. That's early!

When do you wake up and why?

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

I get up around 6:15 am nowadays.

I worked third shift for a while. that was actually pretty dope. you get paid extra money to work it, no one is home when you're sleeping...and I loved the look on grocery store clerks faces when I'd buy beer at 6 in the morning after i just got off work.

Originally posted by MrChupacabra

currently i've been sleeping untill 11 or 12 but in a month or so i'll be back on a good ole schedule of waking up at 730. ugh.

Yup, that's my problem right there except move 11 or 12 forward to 2-5 PM. For 4 days last week I had to get up at 6-7:30 AM for an orientation program, and as soon as I got back home, even after 6 hours of travelling on 4 hours of sleep, I stayed up until 4 AM. Creature of habit or what?

Originally posted by SteveAustin

and I loved the look on grocery store clerks faces when I'd buy beer at 6 in the morning after i just got off work.

haha. i bought beer at 10 this morning, right when the store opened.

it seems no matter what sort of a shift i had, i would always be in bed at around 3 am. if i had to be at work at 6 am, maybe i'd go to bed early at 1 or something. Last night I went to sleep at 5 and woke up bright and early at 9, with the intention of delivering a package and going back to sleep, but now its noon and i'm going strong. I'm rambling, i must be tired. Maybe i'll have a beer.

So, in conclusion, i wake up whenever necessary, but sleep at around 3. Does that answer your question?

my job starts at noon, so I usually try to be

awake by 9:00 just so I can spend some

quality time in the hammock chillin before

work. I seriously HATE having to rush out of

the house. I have to take my time when I get

ready. Plus I usually do something in the

morning before work, so it's a good way to

get shit done. Summer is too short to waste!

i dont sleep much i stay up all night watchin my new pirate dvd collection! all the ones from the cinema and some not even out yet.. then i may sleep couple of hours dependin get up and go coach 12yr old kids how to play hurling.. its like teachin an elephant how to walk the tight rope! joy....

Guest sneak

its summer now, so days / dates / times dont mean anything anymore.

recently, ive been getting to sleep around 3 / 4ish in the morning because i havent been able to sleep / been reading / been painting.

this means i wont normally see the world before midday. im pretty constant at getting up. i never get up later than 1pm.

i work, so that sometimes means i have to be up and about at 8am, to make it to work for 9am. these are the hardest days of my life.

Guest imported_El Mamerro

Up at 8:30, working the freelance gig (off-site) by 9:30, then go to the office (on-site) at 2:00 PM.

I'm usually in bed by 11:30 PM reading myself to sleep. I'm not much of a night person.

Archived