I wish I could watch this new TV series

Guest imported_Europe

Guest imported_Europe

This show is a remake of the best TV series I have ever seen. It was produced in Denmark in the 90's and simply called The Kingdom (or "Riget" in danish). It was so good, funny, spooky, all in one. Its set in a creepy hospital where everything is not as it seem and all the characters have weird twists. Directed by famous director Lars Von Trier, the original is out on DVD worldwide.

But now Stephen King has rewritten and the new series is airing on ABC from March 3rd.

http://abc.go.com/movies/kingdomhospital.html

Kingdom Hospital

Wednesday, March 3 at 9/8c

Starring Andrew McCarthy, Diane Ladd, Ed Begley Jr. and Bruce Davison.

Stephen King's Kingdom Hospital, the haunting new 15-hour drama series created directly for television by the award-winning, best-selling master of horror, will premiere with a two-hour episode from 9:00-11:00 p.m., ET on Wednesday, March 3, and will air in its regular 10:00-11:00 p.m., ET timeslot beginning Wednesday, March 10.

The Kingdom is a hospital with a bizarre population that includes a nearly blind security guard, a nurse who regularly faints at the sight of blood and a paraplegic artist whose recovery is a step beyond miraculous. When patients and staff hear the tortured voice of a little girl crying through the halls, they are dismissive of any suggestion of mysticism or unseen powers … at their own peril.

Andrew McCarthy plays the role of Dr. Hook, a brilliant surgeon who resides in the hospital's basement and has a penchant for collecting medical equipment. Diane Ladd is Mrs. Druse, a psychic hypochondriac whose strong connection to the spirit world repeatedly draws her to the emergency room of Kingdom Hospital. Bruce Davison is Dr. Stegman, whose absent bedside manner and arrogance are paralleled only by his ineptitude as a physician.

Using Lars Von Trier's Danish miniseries Riget (a.k.a. The Kingdom) as a point of inspiration, Stephen King gives this series a unique, darkly comedic and menacing American touch. King himself describes it as ER crossed with The Shining.

Stephen King's Kingdom Hospital is executive-produced by Stephen King and Mark Carliner and produced by Tom Brodek. Bob Phillips is also producer. The series is directed by Craig Baxley. Richard Dooling will serve as creative consultant.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest WebsterUno
Originally posted by sofarok

i doubt the remake will be as good, but perhaps king's envolvment will help...

yeah, thats what I was thinking too.

DIdnt a few shows from overseas

come to america, only to flop big time.

I know Big Brother was from Europe,

and so was that PBS show.

But, if Stephen King is involved,

it might be good.

Guest imported_Europe

¨

I hope so. See the thing is, the series was written as three mini-series, about 4 episodes pr. mini-series. But they only produced the first two mini-series and now the two leading actors (the old lady seen in the elevator above and the guy in the suit in the morgue) are both dead. So they will never make the third mini-series now and Ill never know how the whole thing ends.

Now I can at least get the Stephen king ending.

Guest imported_El Mamerro

DUDE, I'VE TOTALLY SEEN THIS SHIT!!!

Holy shit, it fucking ruled... I watched this two summers ago with a sublet roomate with particularly strange tastes. She came up from the video store with like 4 tapes, and says, "I got this Danish miniseries about a haunted hospital, wanna watch?", and I'm like "Uhh, ok, that's fucking random, but sure".

30 minutes later I was laughing so hard, that shit was straaange... It's like you're watching ER for a few hours with normal doctor stuff and human relationships, and all of a sudden out of nowhere shit gets really fucking weird with ghosts and supernatural stuff, and basically merits a big ass WTF all over the place. We were hooked, we watched all the episodes in a row, and got PISSED when we learned the final episodes were never made.

It was awesome, complete randomness. I called my parents the next day and said "I watched an entire Danish haunted-hospital miniseries yesterday. I have no idea what the fuck I was thinking. It was really fucking strange."

• 1 month later...
Guest imported_Europe

Bump!

This series airs tonight in America on ABC! So make sure you check it out. Its also explains the deatils about Stephen Kings own traffic accident, I saw clips this morning and it looked very dope.

I caught the 30 second teaser that global was running a few times, and just dismissed it as some dysmal new Cancon, cranked out of the canadian tv mill, to meet the requirements for this year. looked like uttter shit. low production value. is it really that intresting looking? perhaps global should sack the guy cutting those promos together....

Guest WebsterUno

*believe*

ha!

I saw a commercial for this a few days ago,

and thought of this thread. this morning,

I saw a TV guide saying it will premire

tonight. So, I decided to bump this thread.

You beat me to it Europe. It must be worth

a watch if youre this hyped on it.

Ill check it out, and drop a lil review tomorrow.

I still havent seen H.R. puff n Stuff on TV Land..

:(

Guest WebsterUno

*believe*

Originally posted by Crimsøn

I watched it, I don't know if I like it or not though, hardly anything happened.

I'll hav e to keep watching and see if it gets good.

I did too. I feel the same way about it.

I missed about 20 mins of the second half.

It got off to a very slow start. I forced myself

to watch it, hoping that somethign cool

would happen. I do have some questions...

1. the two retarded kids, whats up with them???

2. Whats up with that weird ant-eater thing?

3. Did anyone die? I missed the last bit.

Im guessing the og version was better.

This was ho-hum.

Guest WebsterUno

*believe*

Originally posted by nomadawhat

weak sauce!

haha...that was my first thought after the first hour.

I went and blazed a doobie, hoping it would make it better...

:nope:

Guest imported_Europe

Damn, sounds like this remake is a step backwards.

Oh well, I just copped the DVD collected edition of the original series, must watch soon....

PS Webster, the two retards act like a kind of oracle in the og series, they talk about whats going on in the hospital and they know way more than anyone. They also ask mysterious questions that are solved as the series moves along.

Guest WebsterUno

*believe*

Ahhhh...thats the impression I was getting.

(about the retarded kids.)

Like I said, I bet the O.G. version is better.

They usually are.

Im going to check out the next episode,

hopefully it gets better.