I was a hippie.I was a burnout.I was a dropout I was out of my head.I was a surfer...

I had a skateboard

I was so heavy man, I lived on the strand

I was sooooooooo waaaaaaaaaasted.

510972_356x237.jpg

THIS IS THE BLACK FLAG appreciation thread. I searched, and couldn't find one. I just had some black chick tell me that I listen to 'crazy white boy music' because I was blasting black flag when i was purchasing some vitamins from her, and I realized that Black Flag was one of the fucking best bands ever, and definitely helped form my life outside the law.

blackfla.gif

I was so wasted

I was a hippie

I was a burnout

I was a dropout I was out of my head

I was a surfer

I had a skateboard

I was so heavy man, I lived on the strand

I was so wasted

I was so fucked up

I was so messed up

I was so screwed up I was out of my head

I was so jacked up

I was so drunk up

I was so knocked out, I was out of my head

I was so wasted

I was wasted.

henry.jpg

Im about

To have a nervous breakdown

My head really hurts

If I dont find a way out of here

Im gonna go berserk cuz

Im crazy and Im hurt

Head on my shoulders

Its going...berserk

I hear the same old talk talk talk

The same old lines

Dont do me that today, yeah

If you know whats good for you youll get out of my way cuz

Im crazy and Im hurt

Head on my shoulders

Going...berserk

I wont apologize

For acting outta line

You see the way I am

You leave any time you can cuz

Im crazy and Im hurt

Head on my shoulders

Going...berserk

Crazy! crazy! crazy! crazy!

I dont care what you fuckin do

I dont care what you fuckin say

Im so sick of everything

I just want to...die!

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Re: I was a hippie.I was a burnout.I was a dropout I was out of my head.I was a surfe

henry rollins is NOT fun now... he sucks actually, yelling and screaming political rants...

the shark was jumped long ago...

i would have to agree with you. i don't care to hear his political views. i just want to hear songs about vandalism drugs surfing skateboarding fighting and hating authority.

Re: I was a hippie.I was a burnout.I was a dropout I was out of my head.I was a surfe

I have heard a live version of Wasted by No Fun At All that was also on one of their albums and was fucking sick.

The Pennywise version of Don't Care was only avg though.

What can I say, those euros (swedes?) hit those notes as well as anyone.

Black Flag is Greg Ginn, Rollins was just the vocalist

I Don't Care! that's my motherfucking theme song

Rollins was the worst vocalist. The version of "Wasted" off The First Four Years was Chavo Pederast, aka Keith Morris, a la Circle Jerks fame. To me that's Flags best era, Chavo Pederast all the way through Dez Cadena on vocals for a brief period. Rollins had a hard time pulling off their earlier shit it seemed to me, although I did like their later shit with him like "Loose Nut", "Slip It In" etc.

Growing up i wasn't into Rollins era black flag, i was more about Keith morris and chavo. Now i would have to say that Damaged is my favorite Black Flag album, One of my favorite bands of all time, As i get older i start disliking some of the shit i used to, Black Flag is a mainstay on my day to day music rotation and will be forever.

i remember hearing black flag back in 82/83 when my sister brought home the damaged record. i was in like 2nd or 3rd grade. i had no fuckin idea what was going on! that was my first taste of punk/hardcore.

awesome band!

• 3 weeks later...