Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

i want to go to CUBA...

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by boxcarwilly, Nov 22, 2003.

1. boxcarwilly

boxcarwilly Senior Member

so i want to go to cuba for spring break, or whatever i want to sit on a beach and smoke a nice havana and drink mojitos, i want to take pictures of people dancing, and children playing. i want to go to cuba. but the government wont let me. so im looking around for alternatives to the law and stumble upon blatant state propaganda..
    http://travel.state.gov/cuba.html
    now i know this isnt me being subversive but there is so much inflammatory bullshit in this one paper that it makes me want to throw up...
    people from cuba living in the US can only visit once a year on humanitarian reasons, so if there mom is dying of fucking parkinsons they can only see her once a fucking year. FUCK YOU.
    little things, count how many times pickpockets is said, theres pickpockets everywhere.
    oh yeah and those two civilian planes shot over cuba... ummm why were those never on CNN why are us planes flying in cubas air space. and why the fuck do we have a military prison that would put auschwitz to shame on an island we cannot visit.
    rant over.
    jobewantstogotocubaandhatesustradeembargoes.

2. mapo returns

mapo returns Member

get on a raft and go over there.

3. swiss cheese

swiss cheese Senior Member

You can fly in from another country. Or take a boat?
    I want to go also. It''ll be nice when Castro is gone and it's open to tourism from America. All those Floridian Flatlanders can go visit some mountains after only a 30 minute plane ride. The northeastern coast might have some good point breaks also.

4. boxcarwilly

boxcarwilly Senior Member

might have. cuba has some beautiful breaks, its part of the reason i want to go. i know you can fly from mexico after visiting the cuban embassy there and you are cool, the americans think youve been in mexico the whole time. no passport needed.
    castro is the only thing keeping that country from being taken over by americans the last thing a place so beautiful and rich in culture needs.

5. swiss cheese

swiss cheese Senior Member

I never thought of that way. You're probably right. There's no McDonalds there and it should probably stay that way.

6. Telo

Telo Elite Member

fly out of canada

7. anonymity1

anonymity1 Senior Member

word, my parents and I were supposed to go visit Cuba this summer. We were gonna go legally to visit my family over there. Theres soo much bullshit involved if you are trying to go legally and we realized we didnt plan far enough ahead of time so we were only to make it as far as Florida. I've heard of either flying in from Mexico or Canada. Did you see the Cuba feature in that special edition Graphotism? It's pretty interesting, it talks about the Nike campaign and shows some "graf." Anyway, we are still planing on going, just dont know when;)

8. Milton

Milton Senior Member

That thing is nonsense, I have a friend that went to Cuba and had no trouble. Some rich guy offered her like 3000 dollars for her laptop, cause Cuba is stuck in the 1950's due to the embargo. All you have to do is fly/drive to an airport in Canada/Mexico and fly from there to Havana. A travel agent will do it for you, you just have to keep it hush hush.

Good day...

9. How ironic, i'm drinking havana club rum as i type....i can go to cuba..i just wanna go there before castro dies and the whole place turns to disneyland

10. old*824

old*824 Senior Member

Havana has some seriously cool architecture...its all that crazy cool 50s retro shit that has decayed for decades. being a huge fan of urban decay and appreciating its beauty i would love to go there..but i guess ill have to settle for the old parts of downtown Los Angeles.

11. Poop Man Bob

Poop Man Bob Dirty Dozen Crew

Click here and educate the brain.

12. abortedfetus

abortedfetus Banned

$500,000 fine and years of federal prison if your american citizen that goes to Cubva because it violates the Association with the Enemy Act of 1917 that is the act that the cuban trade and transportation embargoe operates under which is true homie, so dont go there. Puerto Rico is better anyway. I guarantee it.

13. heavyLox

heavyLox Veteran Member

Im not sure now is the best time to go. I was gonna
    go 'cause i wanna see it before castro is out, then
    while thinking about it, it seemed as though the
    moment of good opportunity came and went.
    Waiting a while might be a good idea.