i want to go to CUBA...

boxcarwilly

so i want to go to cuba for spring break, or whatever i want to sit on a beach and smoke a nice havana and drink mojitos, i want to take pictures of people dancing, and children playing. i want to go to cuba. but the government wont let me. so im looking around for alternatives to the law and stumble upon blatant state propaganda..

http://travel.state.gov/cuba.html

now i know this isnt me being subversive but there is so much inflammatory bullshit in this one paper that it makes me want to throw up...

people from cuba living in the US can only visit once a year on humanitarian reasons, so if there mom is dying of fucking parkinsons they can only see her once a fucking year. FUCK YOU.

little things, count how many times pickpockets is said, theres pickpockets everywhere.

oh yeah and those two civilian planes shot over cuba... ummm why were those never on CNN why are us planes flying in cubas air space. and why the fuck do we have a military prison that would put auschwitz to shame on an island we cannot visit.

rant over.

jobewantstogotocubaandhatesustradeembargoes.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

You can fly in from another country. Or take a boat?

I want to go also. It''ll be nice when Castro is gone and it's open to tourism from America. All those Floridian Flatlanders can go visit some mountains after only a 30 minute plane ride. The northeastern coast might have some good point breaks also.

Originally posted by swiss cheese

You can fly in from another country. Or take a boat?

I want to go also. It''ll be nice when Castro is gone and it's open to tourism from America. All those Floridian Flatlanders can go visit some mountains after only a 30 minute plane ride. The northeastern coast might have some good point breaks also.

might have. cuba has some beautiful breaks, its part of the reason i want to go. i know you can fly from mexico after visiting the cuban embassy there and you are cool, the americans think youve been in mexico the whole time. no passport needed.

castro is the only thing keeping that country from being taken over by americans the last thing a place so beautiful and rich in culture needs.

word, my parents and I were supposed to go visit Cuba this summer. We were gonna go legally to visit my family over there. Theres soo much bullshit involved if you are trying to go legally and we realized we didnt plan far enough ahead of time so we were only to make it as far as Florida. I've heard of either flying in from Mexico or Canada. Did you see the Cuba feature in that special edition Graphotism? It's pretty interesting, it talks about the Nike campaign and shows some "graf." Anyway, we are still planing on going, just dont know when;)

That thing is nonsense, I have a friend that went to Cuba and had no trouble. Some rich guy offered her like 3000 dollars for her laptop, cause Cuba is stuck in the 1950's due to the embargo. All you have to do is fly/drive to an airport in Canada/Mexico and fly from there to Havana. A travel agent will do it for you, you just have to keep it hush hush.

Good day...

Guest imported_Tesseract

How ironic, i'm drinking havana club rum as i type....i can go to cuba..i just wanna go there before castro dies and the whole place turns to disneyland

Havana has some seriously cool architecture...its all that crazy cool 50s retro shit that has decayed for decades. being a huge fan of urban decay and appreciating its beauty i would love to go there..but i guess ill have to settle for the old parts of downtown Los Angeles.

$500,000 fine and years of federal prison if your american citizen that goes to Cubva because it violates the Association with the Enemy Act of 1917 that is the act that the cuban trade and transportation embargoe operates under which is true homie, so dont go there. Puerto Rico is better anyway. I guarantee it.

that place is so safe. theres fucking guards on every street corner. i walked around drunk as shit downtown with my brother wearing hawaii shorts and cheezy tourist shit and was fine. cubas a party. fly from canada, apparently the cuban government doesent give a fuck, they want your cash. and they wont stamp your passport. just bring cash. they dont want anything else. i saw a tiny bit of graffiti there. cubas a cool place. but thank god you guys havent been let in, not you persoanlly but america. sorry guys, but uh, its kinda nice having a holiday with no yanks around.

Guest imported_Tesseract

Serum, Come on dude...dont start with that shit. Anyway, i'm sure that an american film about Catsro wouldnt be flattering...

actually i believe the film is very flattering of castro. but i don't see why i shouldn't knock someone who locks up journalists, and anyone else he choses to that has a different opinion than his own. castro needs to be replaced. or am i missing something?

Guest imported_Tesseract
Originally posted by serum

castro needs to be replaced. or am i missing something?

sounds like you do, sounds like you're brainwashed

Guest imported_El Mamerro
Originally posted by abortedfetus

Puerto Rico is better anyway. I guarantee it.

Not necessarily better... it's basically a tropical version of the US, with remnants of culture, which is very unlike Cuba. The fact that Cuba has remained untouched by American corporations gives it unparalleled cultural richness, which makes it awesome if that's what you want to experience. But if you're there for the sun and tropical frills, then there's better/easier options. Like Puerto Rico.

Let's not get into a Castro debate here... it's too damn easy to pigeonhole him into being either totally awesome or totally evil. The guy has been both great AND terrible to Cubans.

Archived