I used to be a finely chisseled specimen of man meat.....

Dr. Dazzle

I wonder how many of you can relate. Recently I've realized how much I've let myself go. Over this Christmas holiday alone I've probably put on at least 10 pounds. My mum's like the classic TV mum who bakes all the time and gets upset if you don't eat it. I used to be average size, average wight. I've played soccer since I could walk so that always kept me in shape without even trying. But I stopped about a year ago and have been completely inactive since. I've gone from about 160 pounds to about 180+ in one year. I've developed love handles and slight indication of man boobs. I tried dieting a few months ago but alas, I didn't stick to it. My New Years resolution is to get back in shape, and lose at least 20 pounds. I was wondering if any of you have been in the same boat, and if you got back into shape and how. What was your strategy? My problem is I'm such a lazy ass.

Don't get me wrong, it's not like I'm some huge beastly man-whale. I just weigh a lot more than I used to. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

I'm in the same boat. A little more to love, than I would like. My company just jacked up for our dependent medical premiums, but gave us a YMCA membership instead. So as soon as our ride is fixed, we are going to get on the program. They give you a personal trainer for 12 weeks for free and you have to promise to work out three times a week during that time. I figure if I go three times a week for basically 3 months I should be into the ritual and continue. I hope.

I am kinda in the same boat. For a long time I was really into rock climbing. I was so cut I needed a band aid. After the guys I used ot climb everyday with left for college and just quit climbing I quit due to the fact that climbing alone is not very fun. But since I have an extremely high matabolism instead of gaining weight I lost wieght. I can see my ribs and my heart beating in my chest. I hate it. I used to fucking look like a greek statue. Now I just look like a human stick figure....I'm glad I have alrady started my new years drinking or this post would make me sad.

Guest serpent of the light

i'll take those 20 pounds when you're done with them. i'm veggie and i cannot gain weight no matter what i do. tis shitty.

i have a high ass metabolism so i burn off energy pretty quick...but i cant relate to you fucks cus i quit everything i was in...i used to play basketball and sports, quit, i used to be pretty active and go chill alot, but now i never leave my house....i just sit around on this damn forum or play computer games....once and i will i will hop a few buses because i got 5 lines in my area, or i mite head downtown and rack some supplies and shit...but im basicaly a lazy fuck minus the beer belly.

Me too. I mean I'm not gonna lie and say I was chizled like a motha but I was fit. I hurt my back almost 2 years ago. Still hurting, doctors/chiropractors can't do shit. I had to stop playing basketball which I did alot. Stopped lifting weights. Since then I've gained 20-25 pounds. It really isn't that bad considering I was so skinny before. I'm 5'11" and 170 lbs. But I got the weight in my gut. My face filled out too. Hopefully I will get a miracle and something will cure my back and I can get back into shape. Turn that fat in lean muscle. Actually I would really just like to get that energy back.

Guest MR BOJANGLES

i used to be 6ft. 155 lbs in 1999...now im 6ft.200 lbs... iused to skate and snowboard. now i just sit on here all day.

Archived