1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

I started a joke, which started the whole world crying.

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by tow up from tha flow up !, Jul 10, 2001.

1. tow up from tha flow up !

tow up from tha flow up ! 12oz Member

I started a joke, which started the whole world crying.

Discussion started by tow up from tha flow up ! - Jul 10, 2001

What is the biggest contradiction you have ever known or heard of? It could be your signifigant other, friends, family, schools, work, law enforcement, constitution, government, worldly happenings, mother nature, religion, spirituality, destiny, etc.. past, present, or future. Something that has happened, is happening, or will happen that is completely logically incongruous.

------------------
    PRUDE - If I had nuts, you'd be on 'em.

tow up from tha flow up ! - Rank: 12oz Member - Messages:
  2. MR. Slugworth

MR. Slugworth New Jack

MR. Slugworth - Replied Jul 10, 2001

beutiful.....

------------------
    go go GODZILLA.....

MR. Slugworth - Rank: New Jack - Messages:
  3. EatMorGlue

EatMorGlue 12oz Senior Member

EatMorGlue - Replied Jul 10, 2001

i don't like it when people start topics without adding their own thoughts about it.

EatMorGlue - Rank: 12oz Senior Member - Messages:
  4. tow up from tha flow up !

tow up from tha flow up ! - Replied Jul 10, 2001

The biggest contraditions that are shoved in my face everyday lie within modern christianity.

God sent floods to wash away the sinful, worldly people. God created man with freewill, but when man used his freewill he was murdered and perished. Because it was an act of God, it was not only forgotten as murder, but remembered as a miracle of God's power.

Christian's are taught to believe that it is their duty to go to church and repent, worship, then spread the word of God to everyone and anyone (slaughtering anyone in the way in most cases). Yet, the same christian's claim to have the utmost faith for God and the bible. If you had so much faith in a God that supposedly had an intimate relationship with your soul and destiny, then why would you need human messengers and worldy money to pay for missionary projects and building/promoting new churches everywhere. A real spiritual connection would come to you in your dreams and in meditation.

God loves everyone reguardless if they are Christians or not, however, if you're not christian and don't repent you will be eternally damned. What kind of love is that?

Christians claim that other religions are an act of Satan disguising himself to pull you away from the bible and heavenly bliss. The same antics are used in modern day cults. Yet, church goers are so brainwashed and close minded they can't see they are exactly what they prey not to become.

A man who never kills, doesn't over indulge in luxury, treats everyone with respect including mother and father, doesn't lie, lives an honest life helping others, but doesn't repent his petty sins will go to hell. Whereas a church going christian man who lies, steals, cheats, kills, and hates but still finds time on Sundays to repent and beg for forgiveness will go to heaven.

Everything about Christianity contradicts itself. No one even notices, it's overlooked or softened with biblical jargon. Even when you make these points to Christians that they can't logically argue, the thought process only registers as sinful or wrong because it didn't come out of the mouth of a preacher. It's bullsh*t. It frustrates me more than almost anything else.

------------------

5. hipnos

hipnos Guest

hipnos - Replied Jul 10, 2001

very well said.

6. OPIUM3

OPIUM3 12oz Senior Member

OPIUM3 - Replied Jul 10, 2001

god talk sucks... go paint some trains! and if you just did paint some trains, go paint some more... if your thinking about god all the time, then your not painting enough...

OPIUM3 - Rank: 12oz Senior Member - Messages:
  7. beardo

beardo Guest

beardo - Replied Jul 10, 2001

take that eatmoreglue!! ahahahaaha

8. cracked ass

cracked ass Guest

cracked ass - Replied Jul 10, 2001

jumbo shrimp...what's with that

9. Zack Morris

Zack Morris 12oz Veteran Member

Zack Morris - Replied Jul 11, 2001

the bible is funny within its self. first of all it is an interpretation of gods will. interpreted by human beings but within the bible it clearly states that ALL human beings are tainted and therefore that must mean that bible is tainted.

Have you ever wondered why the bible jumps from jesus's life at age 12 to age 30?...Thats because there was an 18 year period where jesus was a mother fucking thug. This missing section of the bible was abducted by the rulers and priests of the middle ages. They didn't want people to see that jesus was a human with human desires. within these "lost" chapters of the bible there is a story of when jesus was about 18. He was walking down a street and a person bumped into him and knocked him down. The person gracious helped jesus to his feet. jesus stared the kid in his eyes and said "What you have done to me will come back apon you 10 fold" at that instant the kid drops dead and falls to the ground.

thats just my 2 cents...if I think of more I will be sure to add it in.

Zack Morris - Rank: 12oz Veteran Member - Messages:
  10. boogie hands

boogie hands 12oz Legend

boogie hands - Replied Jul 11, 2001

hahaha....alright jerry

------------------
    brick, brick ,brick...thats how i be up against your girlfriends ass...

boogie hands - Rank: 12oz Legend - Messages:
  11. SPLINTER

SPLINTER Guest

SPLINTER - Replied Jul 11, 2001

i have read through some of the lost chapters that were hidden in a cave a long time ago and it wasnt till Jesus was baptised and christened that he began to use his powers as way of communicating his fathers(Jah, Jehova, God) and it wasnt untill he was about thirty when he was givin the name Christ at wich time god revealed himself in the form of a dove and told Jesus he loved him as his only son. After this point he became mor peaceful and lets say Jesus-like between the time he was born until he was baptised he was just like everyone else except that he didnt know why he had his powers and untill the age of 12 he had not used his powers against people but after 12 (prolly cuz puberty fucks yur head up and make you get into fights and stuff remember 5th,6th,7th grade) he prolly did some wierd stuff that the kings you mention didnt want us to know but i think we should because it shows that no matter how bad you may have been if you truely repent and change your life around and you can change and save yourself and others. i dont believe in the petty sin thing and to truly repent you have to avoid the sin you repent, and yu can repent to god himself. i object to a lot of my own religion and i wish i could only see the original copy of the holy book. but since i cant ill try to avoid using the one we have now as a blueprint and just attempt to be peacefull and good to other even those which i dont like.

12. tow up from tha flow up !

tow up from tha flow up ! - Replied Jul 11, 2001

I respect that SPLINTER. I study zen buddhism. What amazes me about my beliefs is that even though I have a family of Christians who have raised and taught me what they believe, I just never bought into it. It was through meeting certain people and getting a job at a holistic health market that I learned about meditation, and through meditation I have learned everything I ever needed to know. A connection with subconcious energy first and formost, but even little things like people skills, friendship, appareciation, visualization, I mean everything. I never had to go to church, or learn things out of books or through other people's mouths... I learned what was always there inside of me. It wasn't until about 11 months after I started meditating and seeking answers that I was talking to someone, describing 'my own' quest for spirituality that they told me what I was describing was the exact principals of zen buddhism. I had always thought buddhism was rubbing some fat guys belly for good luck. It just really goes to show you that whatever answer you are looking for will come to you reguardless of what you are taught.

p.s. sorry to get all serious on you losers, I know some of you can't handle it. lets hear it for freights and tits! woo yeah!

------------------

13. MR. Slugworth

MR. Slugworth New Jack

MR. Slugworth - Replied Jul 11, 2001

it just got ugly...
    good from far but far from good...

------------------
    go go GODZILLA.....

MR. Slugworth - Rank: New Jack - Messages:
  14. boxcarwilly

boxcarwilly 12oz Senior Member

boxcarwilly - Replied Jul 11, 2001

prudeo you had to bring my favorite topic to the dancefloor.
    we have had this discussion i think. how the only reason there are so many contradictions within Christianity is the fact that it is no longer unadulterated it is actually watered down. forgiveness is at to much ease within modern day christianity i suggest at a high price that if you want to start this discussion on such a broad topic (not just you girlfriend) that you research orthodox christianity, the franciscan order, and christian anarchism, and i would also suggest that you compare that with your beliefs whether they are like mine (gaudiya vaishnava) or prudes (zen buddhist) and notice all the paths are simple and similar in their purist form.

but dont discount christianity, if you follow two of Jesus Christ's most important instructions then you cannot be doing all that bad in your quest.
    "if the love of the world is in you, then the love of God is not"
    "do unto others as you would have them do unto you"

karma, and renunciation are two themes in the bible that arent expressed in modern day Christianity, and as for the bible, we most often read the king james version of the book because it is easily accessible, it is as watered down as they get. there is alot of great Christian philo. out there you just have to see that it is all one path with one goal and discriminate between the crap and the truth. the same way most buddhist sutra is essentially watered down vedic doctrine, gautama buddha never really taught that one could merge with the Absolute for eternity it is just easy to serve in such capacity, like a hand feeding the mouth. so like most searchers they pick the easy road, the quest for certainty, does not lie in a building (sometimes) or in a book it lies within your heart, i am not saying i am right in my path but there are certain feelings that i hold sentiment that make it feel right.

as for the fact that we have freewill completely true, but the discrepency lies in the choice do we choose the material illusion which ceases the minute a truck comes speeding along or do we choose the eternal relationship with the Absolute, the Supreme. well i know i am a selfish fuck and tend to choose maya (the illusion) but i feel bad after not being a nihilist and believing in afterlife theories etc.

well i hope this made a little sense.

as for my biggest contradiction, it would have to be with in my self... i know that there is a path and i know the path is right but sometimes the "fun" of temporary nature takes over. help me out on that one.

boxcarwilly - Rank: 12oz Senior Member - Messages:
  15. neahs_number

neahs_number 12oz Member

neahs_number - Replied Jul 11, 2001

im just happy some of us have brains [​IMG]

neahs_number - Rank: 12oz Member - Messages: